• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Behind the Scenes of Pokemon

Pidgeot500

Homeless
Years
  • At the moment I'm working with simulation of battles. For instance, I'm applying the damage formula and stat calculation formulas.

There's a few places I'm getting stuck at--namely, for finding a place where I can find the base experience of the RBYGSC Pokemon and a list of which Pokemon are "fast", "medium fast" "medium slow" and "slow" for experience. (I posted about this on the RBYGSC board.)

But, as I become 'stuck' time and time again, I can't help but wonder.... many web sites have statistics, like max stats, base stats, evolutions, type charts. Is there a place I could find a competent guide or example for how these things work? (So I wouldn't have to keep asking for help.)

I ask here because I know that if you've created a Pokemon game, then there's a chance you have some knowledge of the processes behind battles.

Pidgeot500

Homeless
    Years
  • Oh, Toothache's been a really big help already. I imagine there's going to be quite a few 'little' things that I'm forced to deal with in this project of mine, such as how Rage is calculated or some such.

I think I'll go browse the CBS topic in this forum.... Hmm

Back