• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Lustrous Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • No....

Being so busy with school and everything related to it, my time has been slashed, so progress might be slow for the forseeable future. Sorry about that, but this is just a hobby, after all.

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • Looking great! I'd definitely play this when it's done. Happy to help with some things. Perhaps re-posing Pokemon?

Here's Plusle, you don't have to use it, just a quick repose I did.

Pokemon: Lustrous Emerald

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Hey NikNaks! I just wanted to let you know I am a HUGE fan of this game. Can't wait for the release, and if you need help please, don't hesitate to ask. I will be more than happy to help!

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I wish there was a way that your hoped fangame Pokemon-transfer system would work with my fangame Pokemon Neo...

...but, Neo's in Flash, & I currently have no plans of porting it to RMXP.

...Which means that the scripting's different, because RMXP uses RGSS while Flash uses the 3 versions of ActionScript. (In my case, ActionScript 3.)

...I assuem there's no way to get around this with this in mind, right?

-PM260

Years
  • Well, the only way to get around it would be to have a third, intermediary language that both could read, and store saves in that. But that's way beyond my knowledge. I would obviously recommend ditching Flash in favour of a simpler system like RMXP, but that's your decision :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    By the way, you know how you mentioned that in order to add Pokemon Neo to Lustrous Emerald's possible trading system, pokemon data would have to be stored in a language that both as3 & rgss understand, to be retrieved in rgss, but that's beyond your knowledge. (To be honest, mine too.)

...Well, after a few seconds of googling, I found a page completely detailing all types of data storage from Flash AS3. However, (I can't be sure since I didn't bother learning it yet,) the way I would AS3 develop pokemon data would probably be unaaceptable from these situations, but you never know.

Anyways, here's the url:

https://www.flash-db.com/Tutorials/savingAS3/

-PM260

xShigure

Pokémon Bushido Director
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    This looks really interesting so far. Hope to see more from it soon
    (subscribed) :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Just because there's another remake doesn't mean you have to quit... August Emerald's story is different, non-Hoenn Pokémon can be found in the game, among other differences...

Or (maybe even better), you could ask to join with them. I'm sure they'll have uses for at least some of what you've done so far :)

Years
  • It's a Calis Projects game, which means I'm automatically working on it, being part of the team. I should have made that more clear :)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • This thread hasn't had a new post in almost a year. Don't revive old threads.
    Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back