• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A pure offensive OU Team

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
  • A pure offensive OU Team

Aerodactyl (F) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

Aerodactyl is one of the most reliable and most formidable leads in the OU Meta game. The Idea is simple, start off with a taunt so common leads like Roserade, Azelf, Smeargle won't be able to set up like usual leads do. the next step is to follow up with your own stealth rock. In the even that the opponent attacks when taunt was used, Aerodactyl still has one more chance to set up that Stealth rock
    ---

A pure offensive OU Team

Tentacruel (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

Tentacruel is a nice bulky addition to the team because not only is it a good rapid spinner, it also has a toxic spikes of it's own. Switch in to a pokemon that is weak to Tentacruel, if I'm lucky enough for the foe to switch, it gives me enough time to set up TSpikes.
    ---
    A pure offensive OU Team

Roserade (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Poison Point
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Leaf Storm
    - Extrasensory
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb

Roserade would make an excellent sweeper, which was why I chose not to make her my lead. Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb OHKOs any pokemon that don't resist it, except Blissey and Snorlax obviously. Extrasensory puts Heracross/Machamp in their place. Shadowball OKHO's Psychic types like Espeon, and Ghost types like Dusknoir and Gengar. Roserade has enough speed in her arsenal to execute her high Special attack.
    ---
    A pure offensive OU Team

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 160 HP/252 Atk/96 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge

Switch Tyranitar into Stalls, psychic types, and Blissey as well and wait for the switch. Take them by surprise with Pursuit. Tyranitar makes a great sweeper, due to its freakish bulk.(It survived a 3x Calm Mind Crocune's surf! AMAGAAAD!) According to Smogon's dex, Tyranitar is one of the biggest threats in the OU Metagame. Stone edge OHKO's DDMence and DDNite after Stealth Rock Damage. Earthquake for Electivire, Heatran, and Magnezone. Crunch is there because Pursuit isn't really enough for a STAB attack
    ---
    A pure offensive OU Team

Mismagius (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 48 HP/208 SAtk/252 SDef
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Substitute

Switch Mismagius onto Psychic types and wait for the opponent to switch. Substitute, and start setting up with Calm Mind. Shadow Ball for STABs, and Thunderbolt for Vaporeon, Gyrados, Skarmory. Mismagius has enough speed to outspeed Yanmega after Speed Boost, and Electivire switched in to absorb Thunderbolt. Shadowball and Thunderbolt will OHKO any pokemon that don't resist it. 2HKO's Crocune with 2x Calm Mind. For a UU Pokemon, Mismagius is a force to be reckoned with in OU.
    ---
    A pure offensive OU Team

Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 224 HP/84 Atk/200 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dragon Dance
    - Roost
    - Earthquake
    ---

One of my best sweepers in the team. Dragonite is like DDMence except it's bulkier and just as deadly. A boosted dragon Claw will leave a Large dent on all pokemon who lack enough defense to resist it. DDNite can also shrug off attacks and roost the damage.

-----------

I think that is all. I'm open to all suggestions and comments.

Thanks so much!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Lucario after a Swords Dance OHKO's your entire team. Dragonite is not enough to stand up against them because its generally terrible and outclassed by Mence and does not have Intimidate.

Salamence @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Roost
    - Dragon Claw / Outrage
    - Earthquake

>> Nite.

Next Mismag needs HP Fight >> T-Bolt or Tar comes in every time and Pursuits it.

Scarf Rose sucks in all honesty, its a free switch in for so much stuff. There are many better Scarfers than it. Id suggest something that can switch into T-Tar and Gyarados because nothing on this team can. (T-Bolt (stops skarm coming in)/Fire Punch/Iron Head/Ice Punch) This also helps your massive DD Mence/Latias weakness.

No priority is bad in addition. Id possibly replace Aero for a bulky lead with priority. Mamo/Meta both work. The former might be good as Mence stones you team.

SD Scizor OHKO's your entire team also, you really need a check >> useless Tentacruel. Magnezone might be a fantastic idea because it beats Scizor for Mismag and also beats Skarm for Bulky Mence. Magnezone can also switch into Specs Jolt who can decimate you.

Last edited:

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • I didn't know Mence can be that bulky.

And the purpose of Aerodactyl was to prevent leads from setting up.

I might drop Roserade because I can't teach it HP Fire, it's best chance for Scizor/Lucario/Metagross.

I have a question: What do you think of Tangrowth and Abomasnow

Back