• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fakémon : How it stands out

Years
  • *Before I start, let me clarify for some of you guys/gals that Fakémon are fan-made Pokémon. Now that things are clear...

• Fakémon has played a huge role in our fanbase. They are designed for contests, fun and involves a lot of work.

• A serious Fakémon creator would think about the Fakémon' stats, max happiness, etc. If everyone put their while minds into Fakémoning, then the topic would dominate most of the boards making them stale and dull.

• Since these are false Pokémon, they really don't have a place in the Pokémon General forum. I mean, it's not like Gamefreak real accepts Fakémon ideas.

• Having Fakémon boards would makes things more organized and well structured and seeing as this already is a well visited site, this idea would only give it a bugger reputation as more attention is grabbed.

Discuss!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Not sure if this is the right place to post, but maybe a single Fakemon thread (for Fakemon sharing) could suffice on PokeCommunity, or we could go the sub-forum route if people invest effort in Fakemon development like how the Create-A-Pokemon project over at Smogon operates (although Smogon's version prioritizes competitive capability rather than designs or Pokedex flavor text).

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I haven't seen any lately, but there were certainly threads like that a few years ago. Not sure why they seem to have dwindled. I'm not really sure where we'd put such a thread - maybe A&D, but it certainly wouldn't need a whole forum.

Back