• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KiK Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
  • This might belong in Tech, but I fear lackluster exposure.

Do you guys use KiK? It basically uses a username (of your choice) and data to message people over the Internet. It's on iPod, iPad, Android and other mobile devices as an app.

I didn't see the point of KiK until I realized that, especially online, I don't want to share my phone number, Skype or Facebook with just anyone due to personal information / stalkers. KiK doesn't divulge that sensitive information unless you say it yourself. It's great to be private online and still conveniently talk to people. KiK uses less data than Skype messaging, too, and is of course compatible with WiFi.

My username is: Belldandy21. I'd like to have more coherent conversations with PC members that PMs do not quite offer.

Had you heard of KiK before this?

Let me know if you've added me :)

Feel free to share your KiK username, too!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • And I'm here thinking only my friends use Kik...

Username: Logical Cabbage

All you need to know and please tell me here if you add me.

Years
  • This might belong in Tech, but I fear lackluster exposure.
    It's always best to ask the moderator of a section if you aren't sure if a topic belongs or not. But not to worry, it's nowhere near lackluster! :)

Anyways, yes I do have a KiK name, but I don't use it at all because I don't really know anybody to chat with. :p I won't reveal my name on here though for privacy reasons.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Username: alvmonster

I only really have kik for the reason that people on meetme don't like to give out their number and then theres a couple of people I know that don't have phones so that's the only way to talk.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Username : Gothax

Haven't used Kik in around a month. There's just too many sexual people on there and I have no friend to chat with as of now >_<

Belldandy

Years
  • DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Username: DarkSpur

I have another Kik, but I just made a new one, so personal information, doesn't get out. I know I have complete control over my personal info, but still scared, becuase people are creepy as hell. Don't worry, I'm an honest guy.

Years
  • I have heard of KiK, but never really thought of trying to IM people through mobile exclusive programs (I prefer doing it on the computer). Although it might be something to attempt to check out and try to get the ropes of if I found people to use it with.

Belldandy

Years
  • I have heard of KiK, but never really thought of trying to IM people through mobile exclusive programs (I prefer doing it on the computer). Although it might be something to attempt to check out and try to get the ropes of if I found people to use it with.

Yeah :) It's also nice for people who just have data plans, though, and no texting. Or for people who use WiFi to communicate (calling with Skype, texting with KiK or whatever else).

It's good to inter-device "texting," too. It offers to same Read / Delivered / Sent functions as the iPhone and BBM, but it works like iMessage and BBM whether you're contacting someone on an iPod or Android. Usually, if you text an Android with an iPhone it won't show you those because it defaults to SMS and not an iMessage.

So kinda neat, but for specific scenarios :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have a kik but I almost never used it. The first time I used it I attracted people that wanted to cyber >____________<.

I'll probably stick to iMessaging since it's most convenient, but my kik (leafystewart) is there just in case there's an emergency and all xD.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I only use it to talk to Andy because he's Australian so we can't text. My new phone can handle having Skype open most of the time though so for a lot of people it won't really be necessary. I like it though!

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • My friend from another forum kept telling me to get but I never did. I think I'll go and download it now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Hmm, this is actually the first time that I've heard of this. Too bad that I don't have any mobile devices on me, so this KiK is completely useless to me.

I'll stick with Skype, thank you very much.

Years
  • I've used Kik before. It was pretty cool. Not anymore though. Just don't have a use for it anymore.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Hey :). Feel free to kik me. My username is : Spazzyda59

Peace. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back