• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is this card?

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2015
    Hi there,

I'm completely new to this and recently dug out my collection of mint condition Pokémon cards. (I was a bit too young to understand what to do with the cards so just kept them pretty instead!)

I have this particular Meowth card that I can't seem to find elsewhere in the Internet. Anyone out there that can tell me anything about it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I did some looking around and it appears this might be the card you are talking about: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Meowth_(Jungle_56)

There you go, question answered! Hello and welcome aboard on that note.

Well, that's... half correct.

Thing is, it visually appears to be that card... until you look at the refractor holo pattern that covers the whole card in OP's picture. Refractor holo was not used as a holo pattern until the reverse holo cards were introduced in the Legendary Collection in 2002, and were not used again until the HGSS theme deck "window" cards had the pattern, and on top of that, neither of those cases has this exact style of the refractor holo pattern. Reality is, the card in the OP is a fake, and the biggest tell is that it's in a holo pattern that was not used in the Jungle set.

Hi there,

I'm completely new to this and recently dug out my collection of mint condition Pokémon cards. (I was a bit too young to understand what to do with the cards so just kept them pretty instead!)

I have this particular Meowth card that I can't seem to find elsewhere in the Internet. Anyone out there that can tell me anything about it?

Thanks!

What it is, is a fake. Earlier in this same post in response to Hikamaru, I explained what makes it a fake.

Hate to bring bad news for you about that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2015
    Only just seen this post. Have a look at my post "PLEASE can somebody...". I have loooooooads of these and I can't find out what they are, either! There seem to be quite a few of them about which makes me think it's more likely that they're real, but I honestly have absolutely no idea!

Back