• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What should my sixth Pokemon be?

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    I have some obsessions when playing Pokemon, which are: No legendary, only one starter, always a ground type, only the Pokemon of the region I'm playing. (Like no Kanto or Johto Pokemon if playing RSE) And my Emerald team is:

Swampert - Quiet 252 HP 126 Attack 126 Special Attack (Only way to make use of EQ-Torrent both)
    Earthquake - Ice Beam - Surf - Brick Break

Linoone - Jolly 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
    Belly Drum - Return (I can't get extremespeed, would be adamant and 252 HP otherwise) - Dig - Shadow Ball

Gardevoir - Timid 252 Special Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
    Psychic - Thunderbolt - Ice Punch - Fire Punch (May replace one for Calm Mind)

2 Salamence

1 Adamant - 252 Attack - 252 HP - 4 Speed
    Fly - Double Edge - Rock Slide - Earthquake (Not using against dragons obviously)

1 Modest - 252 Special Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
    Dragon Claw - Hydro Pump - Flamethrower - Crunch

But I can't figure a sixth pokemon to fit this team. Can anyone help me out please...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have some obsessions when playing Pokemon, which are: No legendary, only one starter, always a ground type, only the Pokemon of the region I'm playing. (Like no Kanto or Johto Pokemon if playing RSE) And my Emerald team is:

Swampert - Quiet 252 HP 126 Attack 126 Special Attack (Only way to make use of EQ-Torrent both)
    Earthquake - Ice Beam - Surf - Brick Break

Linoone - Jolly 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
    Belly Drum - Return (I can't get extremespeed, would be adamant and 252 HP otherwise) - Dig - Shadow Ball

Gardevoir - Timid 252 Special Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
    Psychic - Thunderbolt - Ice Punch - Fire Punch (May replace one for Calm Mind)

2 Salamence

1 Adamant - 252 Attack - 252 HP - 4 Speed
    Fly - Double Edge - Rock Slide - Earthquake (Not using against dragons obviously)

1 Modest - 252 Special Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
    Dragon Claw - Hydro Pump - Flamethrower - Crunch

But I can't figure a sixth pokemon to fit this team. Can anyone help me out please...

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but you don't seem to have any grass-type on your team, so first and foremost, I would suggest you to consider getting one. Although this is in-game, where type coverage like this don't exactly matter, it's still safe to keep it in-check, I believe.

If I were you, I would most likely go with Breloom; Shroomish is easy to find, train, and evolve, and once it's fully grown, it could cause some major destruction. I've tried it on my Emerald team before, and found it to be pretty marvelous. For move-set, I would recommend Spore, Focus Punch, Mach Punch, and perhaps Leech Seed.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    Sorry adamant Slamence has Dragon Dance over Double Edge. Breloom was among the options but I wasn't sure. And how do I get Spore-Mach Punch both? (You can say I'm new by the questions :D) And should I switch one of Gardevoir's punches for calm mind? (If yes, which one)

Back