• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my OU-Team

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    This is my first attempt of making a competetive team, so it might reek of suck allover. Anyhow, please feel free to comment!

Rate my OU-Team

Timid Heathran (Flash Fire)
    252SpA|4SpD|252Spe @ Shuca Berry
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    - Earth Power
    - Taunt

Notes: My lead. Plan is to either Taunt slower leads so a Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes is avoided, or with his Shuca Barry this Heathran will probably survive long enough to set up a Stealth Rock, and maybe even get one hit in.

Rate my OU-Team

Jolly Mamoswine (Snow Cloak)
    252Atk|4Def|252Spe @ Life Orb
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Superpower
    - Stone Edge

Notes: Earthquake is used for STAB damage. Ice Shard should be strong enough to OHKO most pokés with Ice Weakness, and Superpower/Stone Edge are for type coverage.

Rate my OU-Team

Adamant Machamp (No Guard)
    252Atk|128HP|128Spe @ Leftovers
    - Substitute
    - DynamicPunch
    - Payback
    - Stone Edge

Notes: Substitute-DynamicPunch. Inflict confusion while ensuring an extra hit when using substitute on anticipated switch-ins.

Rate my OU-Team

Timid Starmie (Natural Cure)
    252SpA|252Spe|4HP @ Life Orb
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

Notes: I like Surf over Hydro Pump because I like to be sure I hit. Thunderbolt/Ice Beam is for type coverage, Rapid spin for entry hazards, if my Heathran can't hinder that.

Rate my OU-Team

Adamant Scizor (Technician)
    248HP|252Atk|8Spe @ Choice Band
    - U-Turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Notes: I like this Scizor alot, Technician + Choice Band + STAB make Bullet Punch lethal. with U-turn it can also serve to lure out Fire attacks for a Heathran Flash Fire boost.

Rate my OU-Team

Jolly Metagross (Clear Body)
    60HP|252Atk|196Spe @ Life orb
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - Grass Knot/Earthquake/ThunderPunch
    - Zen Headbutt

Notes: This one got me puzzled. With this EV-Spread Metagross is fairly certain to not get OHKO'd by a STAB attack, and to outspeed most of his threats, after using one Agility. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt for STAB, and I was thinking Grass Knot or ThunderPunch, because my team isn't very strong against water, or Earthquake because Earthquake is teh awesome.

Feel free to comment!

- Tum

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since Metagross is already boosting its Speed with Agility, Adamant is better over Jolly, since Jolly is redundant with Agility.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • The thing that popped out at me the most is probably the lack of an immunity or even resistance to Ground attacks. A powerful Ground Pokemon or an offensive juggernaut that gets Earthquake/Earth Power (there are a lot of Pokemon that fit one or both of those descriptions) can give you trouble, especially since they have three other moves to hit Starmie, Scizor, and Machamp even harder.

This is an offense team but a pretty bulky one, so there are some solutions here. I would definitely recommend using a Choice Scarf Flygon, perhaps over Mamoswine, in order to take Ground attacks as well as the Rock attacks that often come with them. But more importantly, it gives you a surefire answer to Gyarados (you'll have to use ThunderPunch instead of a Fire attack, but that's not a huge loss really). It also gives you another switch into Heatran since your others, Starmie and your own Heatran, are vulnerable to attacking Heatran (LO or Specs) and Earth Power, respectively.

The other problem I see is the lack of a strong Fighting resist (Starmie doesn't count due to its poor defenses and issues with common Fighting-types like Breloom, Lucario, and Machamp). You could go ultra-defensive and use a mono attacking RestTalk Gyarados with either Roar or Dragon Dance to compliment Waterfall, but without more hazard support it can be a little limited, though it is a surefire answer to Heatran and a reliable status absorber. Perhaps the best option is stall-breaker Gliscor which gives you help against stall teams while also beating Lucario and Substitute Machamp. It will struggle with Breloom, however.

This isn't a bad team though. With more and more testing and experience it will become easier to win with, and if not, we're always here to improve it :)

Back