• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First deck

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    i did post this on pokegym too but i appreciate any help. what EX could be good for this? what should i add/remove/change? how do i complete it?

thanks for any and help. i only just got into the tcg a week ago so be nice. :p

POKEMON (20):
    Keldeo EX x1 (LTR)
    Eevee x3 (PLF x2, FFI x1)
    Vaporeon x2 (PLF)
    Voltorb x2 (PLF)
    Electrode x1 (PLF)
    Spheal x4 (FLF)
    Sealeo x2 (FLF)
    Walrein x1 (FLF)
    Emolga x1 (LTR)
    Pikachu x2 (XY / FFI)
    Raichu x 1 (FFI)

TRAINERS (21):
    prof letter x4
    roller skates x2
    pokemon fan club x2
    potion x2
    tierno x2
    pokemon center lady x2
    professor sycamore x2
    energy retrieval x2
    evosoda x2
    shauna x1

ENERGY (19):
    Water x12
    Electric x7

Last edited:

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
  • Is this a theoretical deck, or is it a deck with the cards you've got on hand? Also, is this deck for fun, or do you want it to be more competitive?

I think there might be a few ideas that you need to consider when building a deck:

1) In general, you'll want to find a few cards that work well togeather, and then build your deck around supporting that idea. For example, G-Booster and Genesect-EX obviously work well togeather, and Virison-EX (google them, I can't post links yet) is a huge asset to this combination (for it's ability and attack). Then you'll throw in some energy (8-15 depoending on the deck), consitancy/draw cards and some tech cards.

2) Having a deck requiring 3 types of energy is difficult to pull off. In general if you wanted to pull it off, youd want to use prism and rainbow energy (and in generall youd see it used with Aromatisse). Unfortunatly, prism energy was rotated out of standard format. Having 3 different types of basic energy in your deck would require a lot of deck space to make it work with.

In all honesty, to make this into a competitive deck, the only cards you would probably carry over are the Profs. Letter, the Msucle Band and the Energy Retrieval (and perhaps the energy).

I feel like you still might want advice to make this deck better. I'd say drop all of the phychic pokemon and energy, as well as Jolteon and electric energy. Emolga works well as a pivot pokemon (no retriet cost) and it's call for faimily attack is fairly usefull. I'd suggest you strengthing the lines of all your water pokemon. As for trainers, just try to "upgrade" them if you can (replace the pokeballs, remove tierno potion, add juniper/sycamore, N, shauna).

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2015
    If you like Eeveeloution decks, make a Flareon deck.

I don't know why, I am suggesting tons of Flareon lately.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    i removed the psychic pokemon and energy, and added keldeo ex. still short on a complete deck though : /

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    edited OP. currently have a complete deck. and yes i want it to be more competitive.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Here are my generic recommendations for now:
    • Keep your energy count down to 8-14, you can only play one per turn, so you don't want a useless hand
    • Add more searches like evosoda and Ultra ball, They speed up the deck considerably
    • Use some Supporters which will help give you a new hand (Prof Sycamore/Juniper, Shauna, N)
    • If a pokemon really isn't nescessary or doesn't work out, you can replace it with a trainer to speed up your deck
    • Focus on the pokemon that are key to your stratagey, and try to supplement with ones which work well with them (EX: virizion EX & Genesect EX, Blastoise & Keldeo EX)
    • Too many supporters which do not Draw cards or speed up the deck can also slow you down

But also, I want to point out pokemon communication is rotated out (not legal in official tournaments, but okay if you want to play unlimited with your friends)

And, keep your Electric energy count extra low (maybe 4-5), you can already search for energies really easily with Prof's Letter, and you really don't want to attack with Electrode (Its your card drawer!)

Add some Skyla to search for the item card you need! 4 is a good amount

I also reccomend upgrading to the eevee from Furious fists. You can evolve Turn 2 without attacking or searching!

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    Here are my generic recommendations for now:
    • Keep your energy count down to 8-14, you can only play one per turn, so you don't want a useless hand
    • Add more searches like evosoda and Ultra ball, They speed up the deck considerably
    • Use some Supporters which will help give you a new hand (Prof Sycamore/Juniper, Shauna, N)
    • If a pokemon really isn't nescessary or doesn't work out, you can replace it with a trainer to speed up your deck
    • Focus on the pokemon that are key to your stratagey, and try to supplement with ones which work well with them (EX: virizion EX & Genesect EX, Blastoise & Keldeo EX)
    • Too many supporters which do not Draw cards or speed up the deck can also slow you down

But also, I want to point out pokemon communication is rotated out (not legal in official tournaments, but okay if you want to play unlimited with your friends)

And, keep your Electric energy count extra low (maybe 4-5), you can already search for energies really easily with Prof's Letter, and you really don't want to attack with Electrode (Its your card drawer!)

Add some Skyla to search for the item card you need! 4 is a good amount

I also reccomend upgrading to the eevee from Furious fists. You can evolve Turn 2 without attacking or searching!

got 1 FFI Eevee so far. Removed Jolteon and added in Pikachu x2 and Raichu x1.

Removed Pokemon communication and added in a 2nd Prof Sycamore and 1 Shauna (tho I'm debating replacing Shauna with a super potion).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    bump; made a few edits...just added in pikachu and raichu yesterday, removed both Jolteons and so I removed an Eevee.

Back