• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
This is one of the TUTs I used.

It was a BIG help.

As for the Movement check back here after 8:30PM PST.

EDIT: Post your Compiled Script and the inputs for the Script tile you made.

Yup, I've used that tut like crazy. Looking up the movement commands now to make sure its all good..

Ok here it is, for FR. Don't get why the movements won't work.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Oh do I need the waitmovment command to get it to work?
DEIT2: Ok, now it works, Added waitmovement after applymovment and changed msg_keepopen with 0x6

Thanks a bunch guys. :))

Last edited:

Drithlan

Self Proclaimed Cartographer
Years
'---------------
#org 0x800F68
msgbox 0x8800F7A MSG_KEEPOPEN '"I shouldn't leave yet..."
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800F95
release
end

My Soloution was to swap the movement and msg box.

#org 0x800F68
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800F95
msgbox 0x8800F7A MSG_KEEPOPEN '"I shouldn't leave yet..."
release
end

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Ok, what should I worry about with the Var number? Can I use the same var number for others? In a differant mapset? Never?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
That won't help in my situation I was hoping there was one for "Turn 180*" I just didn't want to write more script for this. Ah well. Back to work i guess....
gl <=== Still annoying!
I think there is a jump and turn movement. I forgot how but maybe diego's tutorial has that. ^_^

@1-Up
Just put "waitmovement 0x0" after the applymovement command. To make the player wait before acting again.

Last edited:

Epicness

Hacker Newbia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2010
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto $done
message $1
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if b_true goto $take
message $2
boxset 6
release
end
#org $take
givepokemon 25 5 0
fanfare 0x13E
message $3
boxset 4
waitfanfare
#raw 0x68
setflag 0x828
message $4
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if b_true gosub $name
message $5
boxset 6
release
end
#org $name
call 0x1A74EB
return
#org $done
message $6
boxset 6
release
end
#org $1
$1 1 =Hello! Would you like\nof one of my beautiful \pballoons!?
#org $2
$2 1 =no?! Ok, I'll wait \njust for you.
#org $3
$3 1 =\c\h01\h02You received a Flying Pikachu!
#org $4
$4 1 =\c\h01\h02Would you like to rename Pikachu?
#org $5
$5 1 =That was my /nlast balloon!
#org $6
$6 1 =I hope you love the\nballoon!

I have no idea why, but It must be my flag. he says the last part, and doesn't gimmee my pikachu! "I hope you love the balloon" is all he says =/ anyone know what to do?

Drithlan

Years
I have no idea why, but It must be my flag. he says the last part, and doesn't gimmee my pikachu! "I hope you love the balloon" is all he says =/ anyone know what to do?

Spoiler:

I rewrote the script in XSE (Sorry if this is a problem I only know XSE)
There were plenty of bugs. but I got it working for me at least.

Epicness

Hacker Newbia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2010
Gah! having alot of compiling problems. I got him to give it to me, but he didn't talk >.>

if anyone can translate into pokescript that would be great.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 16, 2010
Hello, im having a little problem again, when ever i step on a script tile my game freezes or the tile acts as if there is no script on it.
This script is to prevent the player from leaving the room with out acquiring the pokedex that i placed the room and by picking it up, the flags for pokemon menu and pokedex are set.

this is my script :
Spoiler:

ive tried changing the Unkown and Var number multiple times
0000/ 0000 freezes the game (obviously)
0300/ 4050 freezes the game
0003/ 4050 acts as if there is no script tile
0003/ 5040(saw this might work in another post) acts as if nothing is there

im using fire red
so if any one could help i'd greatly appreciate it :)
oh and my script is xse and might need some critiquing ;)

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hello, im having a little problem again, when ever i step on a script tile my game freezes or the tile acts as if there is no script on it.
This script is to prevent the player from leaving the room with out acquiring the pokedex that i placed the room and by picking it up, the flags for pokemon menu and pokedex are set.

this is my script :
Spoiler:

ive tried changing the Unkown and Var number multiple times
0000/ 0000 freezes the game (obviously)
0300/ 4050 freezes the game
0003/ 4050 acts as if there is no script tile
0003/ 5040(saw this might work in another post) acts as if nothing is there

im using fire red
so if any one could help i'd greatly appreciate it :)
oh and my script is xse and might need some critiquing ;)

Your script mixes up XSE and PokéScript notation. If you're using XSE, which I'm assuming you are given the "#dynamic" preprocessing directive, then you should change all instances of '$' to '@'. Next, you need a second 'checkflag' after "if 0x0 call @false". Thirdly, you need an 'end' statement under "#org @continue" or else it's going to continue directly into "#org @false". Fourth, you should switch 'release' and 'end' under "#org @false". Fifth, you need a 'waitmovement 0x0' statement after your 'applymovement'. Finally, you misspelled "wasting". :D

As for the script tile stuff, you're on your own there. I recommend reading a scripting tutorial not only for information on how to use script tiles but also for general scripting knowledge. You made some common mistakes that you can easily stop yourself from making in the future if you read a scripting tutorial.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 16, 2010
haha thank you for all of that help ^-^

oh and i cant believe i spelled "wasting" wrong D:
that script kinda failed at life
but ill get it down sooner or later ;)

Last edited:

Epicness

Hacker Newbia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2010
hmm...I'm trying to make piplup your starter, but, I need the little part that gives you the pokemon option (in the menu) after you get your starter. anyone know what to add?

#ORG $begin
checkflag 0x201
lock
faceplayer
if B_true goto $done
message $givestuff
boxset 6
givepokemon 60 5 0xDE
fanfare 0x13E
setflag 0x201
release
end
#org $done
message $nomore
boxset 6
release
end
#org $nomore
$nomore 1 = pipipip, \n(Let's go)!
#org $givestuff
$givestuff 1 = Pipipip!

oh yes I also have a question! can I put Pokemon in a shop for money like the game corner?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 16, 2010
so i just realized that when i click on a "person" in my case one that is supposed to be a pokedex, i hear a ding sound, the one when you click on an object, but nothing happens just like when i step on a tile.

the code for the "person" is
Spoiler:

the Person ID is set to 1100 in Advance Map and i know my offset is right

ive been reading tutorials so im hoping this script doesnt fail nearly as badly as my last one, but this problem is really getting annoying D: XSE doesnt find any errors when it debugs but the scripts wont work any body know why my game is acting like there are no scripts at all? thanks in advance

oh and my previous problem of the script tile not working is also unresolved ._.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
so i just realized that when i click on a "person" in my case one that is supposed to be a pokedex, i hear a ding sound, the one when you click on an object, but nothing happens just like when i step on a tile.

the code for the "person" is
Spoiler:

the Person ID is set to 1100 in Advance Map and i know my offset is right

ive been reading tutorials so im hoping this script doesnt fail nearly as badly as my last one, but this problem is really getting annoying D: XSE doesnt find any errors when it debugs but the scripts wont work any body know why my game is acting like there are no scripts at all? thanks in advance

oh and my previous problem of the script tile not working is also unresolved ._.
Spoiler:

Fixed it up a little, and added a part where the Pokédex sprite disappears and never appears again. Just remember to put 1100 in the Person ID. I see nothing wrong with it really. Oh and don't change the offset as using 0x8000000 it will automatically look for a free offset. ^_^

Epicness

Hacker Newbia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2010
hello anyone? I need the little part that gives you the POKEMON option in the menu. I have searched the starters oak gives you but I can't decompile it to find out...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 16, 2010
thanks zeffy :D
hopefully the script will run this time ^-^

edit::
i tried putting the script in (well after adding an #org @done) and yet agian nothing happened >.> i think it might be due to issues compiling because if i type an offset that i had compiled to and try to re open the script the only thing in xse is this ::

'---------------
#org 0x800100

is that supposed to happen or am i doing something wrong? i treid re downloading xse and such but the same thing keeps happenning, i click on the person, i hear a ding, then nothing
if anyone could offer me some more help i would be very greatful

Last edited:

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
um I need help
well I tested this script it work but when I click the trainer box and went to battle it went purple screen
here is the script

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Drithlan

Years
hmm...I'm trying to make piplup your starter, but, I need the little part that gives you the pokemon option (in the menu) after you get your starter. anyone know what to add?

If you mean the Pokemon option in the menu, I am assuming this is for FR/LG, use
Code:
setflag 0x828
to activate the menu option.

Epicness

Hacker Newbia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2010
thanks alot! I'll try it out.

EDIT: It worked! I just need to find a flag that stops it from repeating everytime I white out.

Last edited:

Drithlan

Years
thanks alot! I'll try it out.

EDIT: It worked! I just need to find a flag that stops it from repeating everytime I white out.

Code:
checkflag 0xYYYY
(do your event)
setflag 0xYYYY
end

I have a question.

How do I give myself a specific Pokemon with Specific attacks?

EDIT: I Just noticed that when you enter a Dual battle with 1 Pokemon it clones its self. Is there a way to avoid this?

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
thanks zeffy :D
hopefully the script will run this time ^-^

edit::
i tried putting the script in (well after adding an #org @done) and yet agian nothing happened >.> i think it might be due to issues compiling because if i type an offset that i had compiled to and try to re open the script the only thing in xse is this ::

'---------------
#org 0x800100

is that supposed to happen or am i doing something wrong? i treid re downloading xse and such but the same thing keeps happenning, i click on the person, i hear a ding, then nothing
if anyone could offer me some more help i would be very greatful
Here:
Spoiler:

There. Do not alter it anymore. I just tested it and it works. Remember to put 1100 in the Person ID, ok? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back