• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i've considered shaving my legs for like a year

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
should i? what are the pros and cons of this? if i do it once and like it i'll be fucking pissed because i don't want it to be a habit, but i also want to try it at least once.

it's a slippery slope potentially and i need advice from the angels and devils of pc

thanks

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
can't judge w/o pics now whip it all out

sorry about my feet -- so unsightly

hairy-legs-stockings-0.jpg

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i have advice that doesnt depend on actually seeing your legs but im gonna withold it till i see em anyway

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
Bruh. Speaking from personal experience, don't do it. When that grows back in, it's gonna itch like hell. Totally not worth it, especially if you get in-grown hairs.

If you really feel inclined, get it waxed and do not shave it off. I have a strong belief that if you are a dude, you shouldn't shave anything other than your face. Trim everything else.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Bruh. Speaking from personal experience, don't do it. When that grows back in, it's gonna itch like hell. Totally not worth it, especially if you get in-grown hairs.

i did not think of this. in-grown hairs are one of the many banes of my existence

how do most women and many men do this and get away with that part

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Tips from a woman who is too lazy to shave her legs in the winter and must deal with the repercussions every late spring.

Get a buzzer and buzz down all the bushy shit. this step is crucial because it saves you hours of regret and shame. Once that's out of the way shaving is a breeze. Use a good moisturizing lotion after. I don't think it's itchy unless you rub your legs together in their prickly stage

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
nice.

ok so your leg hair isnt as ridiculously thick as my friend who kept his shaved for like a year so. honestly you should be fine?? the first time sucks and you and your razor will hate each other and lawd dont let it all run down the shower or sink drain. take it in small sections at a time. ummm if you decide to keep it up you'll need to shave every 1-3 days depending on growth rate/how lazy u are. always lotion after you shave!! after you shave it it will always grow back darker and thicker than before you ever shaved it. if you decide to not shave it it will itch a bit as it grows out but just use lotion. ingrown hairs shouldnt be a major problem unless your hair is particularly curly and coarse. and yeah. it's nice to feel how different everything is on shaved legs vs unshaved so like. put on different materials of pants and blankets and definitely enjoy sheets on freshly shaved legs its super nice!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
I honestly think it was the laziness on my part. Needing to shave every few days was not gonna happen for me. lol

My hair is particularly curly, so that's probably a major component of ingrown hairs for me. Totally easier not to bother with it.

EDIT:

LOL savage

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I honestly think it was the laziness on my part. Needing to shave every few days was not gonna happen for me. lol

My hair is particularly curly, so that's probably a major component of ingrown hairs for me. Totally easier not to bother with it.

trust, i am a mixed black and white male

my hair is very curly

Back