• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Flaring Through

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In Pokémon X and Y, we have had a new organization introduced to us (similarly to almost every other main-series games) with the name of Team Flare.

Team Flare members tend to wear orange suits, and are more focused towards fashion (as this is one of the things Kalos region was primarily aimed towards, with introduction of character-customization and whatnot). They tend to specialize in fire-type Pokémon, for most part.

What are our thoughts on this organization? Did we find ourselves appreciating their presence? If no, what would we have done better, if it were up to us, to make Team Flare generally more memorable? Are we looking forward to this team making their way into X and Y's third installment or sequel?

Years
  • I'll basically C/P what I said in the previous thread discussing these guys:

Well, they had grunts with funny dialogue, at least. And I have to give credit to Lysandre for having a ridiculous motive in wanting to blow up everything by reviving the ultimate weapon. I really did find the whole genocide thing on the extreme side.

While they weren't Team Plasma, I have to say they had motives I actually liked, even if not for the proper reasons.

Years
  • I'm pretty much with everything Pendraflare said. While the grunts' uniforms looked like something silly at first glance, along with them having hilarious dialogue, it was nice to see they still had a dark motive.

Lysandre's plot to eradicate anything not part of Team Flare by reviving the ultimate weapon is quite extreme to be honest, it's pretty much straight genocide. While they were no Team Plasma, they still at least had a goal serious enough to be viewed as "dark" in a game targeted at kids.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Yeah, their motives seemed to be really destructive, and it was nice to hear about Malva and her role from them too. Honestly, I was hoping that they would actually use diverse pokemon for a change this time, since we haven't seen that from evil teams ever since Team Cipher, but yeah, they weren't too tough to beat.

Oh, and say what you will about them, I personally think that their battle themes are amazing:

Like one of the best evil team battles out there imo, along with Team Plasma and Team Aqua/Magma! Ah, another thing, remember those 4 scientists they have? I feel like they should of had a bigger role, y'know? I mean, they were showcased a lot as the main part of team flare, but.. it appears that they were just subordinates of the actual admins who honestly had no personality or any thing that made them "stand out" from the common members of Team Flare. Eh.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Team Flare would be great if it was headed by somebody else. Like say, someone along the lines of Cyrus and Ghetsis. Heck AZ would be much better at leading them. Lysandre is... sure he's genocidal but he's too emotional and too flat of a character to really lead Team Flare. If he was just evil he wouldn't need depth, but he's way too emotional and friendly with no real reason for being so, and he has no real motivation for bringing genocide upon the world other than "ooh, humanity is eating up all the resources and someday we'll run out and people are suffering and ugh". If you're gonna have somebody try to bring about the end of every living thing he better be cold and heartless.

Back