• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anybody requested new Pokémon characters be added to Smash Bros.?

Years
  • In the recent Nintendo Direct, it was announced that the developers of the game are taking requests for new characters to be added to Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. I personally would like to see some cool new Pokémon added, but I haven't decided which ones yet. What do you guys think? If any, what Pokémon have you voted for?

Some ideas I have:

Gallade
    Gardevior (already appears out of a Pokéball in game though)
    Mawile (just because she's my favorite)
    Blaziken
    Squirtle (he was so much fun in Brawl)
    Zoroark (also already in a Pokéball)
    Gengar
    Alakazaam
    Dragonite
    Hitmontop

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Well, for pokemon wise, I voted for Zoroark and the pokemon trainer. I also suggested that the trainer changes pokemon, but depending for a color scheme/alternate costume. Like default could be treeko, marshtomp, and Blaziken. As one alternate color/costume, it be Zoroark, sylveon, and hitmonchan (so something :s ).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always wanted to see Zoroark make it there as Smash character.

If Mewtwo and Lucario can be in Super Smash Brothers as playable characters, Pokémon that share similar body structure and build as Zoroark, as well as overall look, I'm not sure why they can't allow Zoroark in, either. Hopefully, they will be able to find a good middle-ground for it as far as stats go; the Pokémon won't wind up to be overpowering.

Aside from that, Alakazaam and Blaziken would be rather interesting, too, at least in my eyes, due to similar reasons. Same goes for Gallade.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I am nominating Sceptile as we could use a Grass type starter rep considering the other two starter types also have one each.
    I would also like to see Gardevoir, perhaps with Gallade as an alternative.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Petilil would be great in Smash. The irony of a little green bulb cutie beating the everloving shit out of the likes of Bowser and Ganondorf...come on. That's killer.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I want to be in Super Smash Bros, but we all know that's not gonna happen. Apart from that, it'd be really cool to have Zoroark in Super Smash bros. It's be a perfect character. And It'd look pretty amazing in 3D.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2018
    Yeah Ivysaur because he deserves to be by himself. He was a good fighter with a unique move set that could hold his own. Bring him back as Venusaur if you want. I don't care.

Years
  • I have never liked Lucario...I think he was appropriate for brawl, but he should have been switched out for a newcomer since he's not really that iconic...it's basically like if they keep Robin in the next version of Smash Bros. Zoroark would be a good substitute..essentially the gen 5 version of Lucario in so far as they were both popular bipedal pokemon during each generation...the Lucario popularity sort of died out a while ago.

I think a gen 5 and gen 6 pokemon would have been more appropriate for the context of a new game...whereas longstanding pokemon that are iconic like pikachu, charizard, and jiggly were rightfully kept on board.

With that said, a good gen 5 pokemon to add would be Serperior/Snivy. This would have been perfect for three starter types along with charizard and greninja. Though, Sceptile and Chesnaught could have worked as well. (And much more preferably to Lucario).

Back