• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym Leader

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    So if you were a gym leader and had your own team of 6 Pokemon of a certain type who would your team be?
    I personally love Fire Types so my team would be:
    Charizard with option of mega evolving
    Arcanine
    Typhlosion
    Infernape
    Emboar

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Although fire is my most favorite type out there, generally, f it were me, I would probably find myself leaning more on steel.

There are many great Pokémon available in this particular type-group, with one of my most favorites being Jirachi. Jirachi has got Serene Grace ability, and thanks to that, we are able to take some major advantage of the moves it has access to, such as Iron Head (normally, it has low chance of making opponent flinch; with Serene Grace, it's much, much more high).

Another would be Heatran. As Gym Leader, I likely wouldn't have chance to utilize this many legendaries on a team at once, but I thought I would still throw this one out there considering how helpful it could be at times; it has Flash Fire, an ability that raises power of fire-type moves when struck by attacks of same typing, if I'm not mistaken, and if you ask me, this is one thing that makes Heatran so useful!

Years
  • Grass would likely be my choice, though water, bug, fairy, fire and dragon are close. And, yeah, Florges is a fairy, I know :p

640.gif
    lilligant.gif
    serperior_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a491s.gif
    florges.gif
    leavanny.gif
    roserade.gif

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I actually don't know. I have many different types as me favorite. If I was a fire gym leader, I guess I would have:
    Charizard (charizardite X)
    Arcainine
    Blaziken (blazikenite)
    Typhlosion
    Pyroar
    Darmanitan

For a grass team:
    Serperior
    Torterra
    Venasaur (venasaurite)
    Semisage
    Sceptile (sceptilite)
    Ludicolo

And there's other types I would do but this would be an extremely long post then.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2020
    I love normal types, as they are versatile with moves and only have one weakness. Plus I just like some of em :P Although, my second choice would be fighting. As a gym leader, I suppose being the 8th one, my team would be:

Ursaring (ace)
    Pyroar
    Kanghaskan (mega)
    Ambipom
    Bouffalant
    Exploud

TheUnit684

Heedrim
    Years
  • I planned this out a long time ago. Dragons have always been my dudes, and while it may not be the most balanced team, this is the current iteration of my Dragon Team:

dragonite.gif
    sceptile-mega.gif
    Flygon_XY.gif
    noivern.gif
    latest
    697.gif

Years
  • There are some types I could answer this question with, but right now i'm thinking i'd go with the Bug-type. And my team would look something like this:
    masquerain.gif
    galvantula.gif
    crustle.gif
    heracross.gif
    escavalier.gif
    scolipede.gif

Pretty powerful Bug-type Pokémon in their own ways, even if they'd get walled by certain physical walls pretty hard.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I'd be going for poison-types. rockstar chic (I forgot her name, the one in B2W2) isn't really what I envision to be a poison-type leader.

My team would be Crobat and Dragalge only. That's it.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
    Years
  • I'd be going for poison-types. rockstar chic (I forgot her name, the one in B2W2) isn't really what I envision to be a poison-type leader.

My team would be Crobat and Dragalge only. That's it.

You mean Roxie?
    200px-Black_2_White_2_Roxie.png
    yeah I didn't really get what they were going for there. :P Looks more like a Dark or Ghost type gym leader, the only real "Poison" clues are the purple throughout her outfit. And I guess her guitar's shape kinda mimics Scolipede in a way.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Yeah that one. Aside from the coloring, it doesn't really scream poison to me.

If I would have it my way, I would be Koga's ninja rival as another Poison-type master.

Years
  • I'd probably go for dragon-type pokemon myself, although fighting is a close second.

For dragons:

330.png
    612.png
    635.png
    706.png
    715.png
    691.png

Apart from Dragalge it is pretty weak to Fairy and it is really weak to Ice and Dragon - there re ways to deal with that though.

Just for kicks if it were fighting not dragon:

106.png
    701.png
    454.png
    286.png

392.png
    448.png

I could probably do this for every type to be honest xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd love to be a grass gym leader.

victreebel.gif
    cradily.gif
    maractus.gif
    gourgeist.gif
    vileplume.gif
    sunflora.gif

If I wanted a more strategic team and not just favorites I'd go for

venusaur.gif
    ludicolo.gif
    ferrothorn.gif
    whimsicott.gif
    abomasnow.gif
    cradily.gif

Nakala Pri

primeape.gif
    pangoro.png
    hitmonlee.gif
    toxicroak-f.gif
    mienshao.gif
    keldeo-resolute.gif

don't you even cross the mankey he will MESS YOU UP

But I ALSO HAVE A MEGA TEAM UP MY SLEEVE SO YOWCH

kangaskhan-mega.jpg
    salamence-mega.jpg
    lucario-mega.jpg
    lopunny-mega.jpg
    houndoom-mega.jpg
    tyranitar-mega.jpg

Not the best team but it'd probably be an after-game battle in a tournament or something. =D

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I've thought about this perhaps a little too much... I'd be the 8th Gym Leader, a Dragon-type user and my top level would be 50, which would prepare the Trainer to start the E4 at level 53-55, and end towards level 62-63. My team would be as follows (including rematch levels, though moves would likely remain the same):

1st:
    noivern.gif

Dragon/Flying, Lvl 48/67
    Hurricane
    Dragon Pulse
    Air Slash
    Flamethrower
    Start at the mid-level of my team (roughly), in order to introduce the Trainer to the atmosphere the battle will take. The pace will be set by this fast Pokémon, and the Trainer will immediately be introduced to a challenge, and will be forced to display the utmost control and dedication to this battle.

2nd:
    kingdra.gif

Dragon/Water, Lvl 48/68
    Hydro Pump
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice Beam
    Agility
    Kingdra will be a different fight compared to Noivern, due to the type difference and its versatility compared to a lot of Dragon dual-types. The pace will be slowed to allow the Trainer to demonstrate their control and the bond they share with their Pokémon here.

3rd:
    tyrantrum.gif

Dragon/Rock, Lvl 47/66
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Dragon Claw
    Brick Break
    A different twist to the battle again, but keeping the challenge to the Trainer great. The pace with this Pokémon will be sped up slightly, with Tyrantrum boasting a high Attack stat and utilising a different power to the Dragons before it. The trainer will have to show their knowledge in battle and their ability to act intuitively against this Pokémon.

4th:
    flygon.gif

Dragon/Ground, Lvl 49/68
    Dragon Rush
    Earthquake
    Steel Wing
    Fire Punch
    The aim of the whole battle is to keep the Trainer on their toes, but Flygon will be the biggest test of the Trainer's reaction to an unexpected situation. The moves Flygon knows and it's typing will throw the Trainer off-guard. The test is whether the Trainer can keep a cool head in strange situations and proceed with confidence and determination.

5th:
    salamence-mega.gif

Dragon/Flying, Lvl 50/69
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Hydro Pump
    Dragon Pulse
    My final Pokémon, of course with a Mega Evolution too (couldn't not now could I?). This Salamence I own on my AS with a Modest nature to boost Special Attack. This will be the final test of the Trainer to prove their bond with their Pokémon is strong enough to withstand the toughest of challenges they may face. Should they beat my Salamence and I, they will have proven they have what it takes to face up to the Elite Four.

6th:
    006-mega-x.gif

Dragon/Fire, Lvl 70
    Flare Blitz
    Dragon Pulse
    Aerial Ace
    Flamethrower
    This Pokémon would only be present in rematches, just as an added bonus to up my power against the new Champion.​

In the rematch the order of my Pokémon may be changed to suit the situation, and I will no longer act as an Examiner of the Trainer's skills but rather as a simple Trainer myself, entering a battle to learn about myself, and my opponent. So that is my team, how the team functions and what my thoughts are about the battles I would have against challengers.

Back