• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello! I'm new and need advice!!

Years
  • Hello! So I am completely new here, but I wanted some advice. I'm playing through Platinum and wanted to know if this team seemed alright for an in game completion. Torterra / Luxray / Drifblim / Milotic / Glaceon / Toxicroak

Shadow_Link

OP ORAS Master
    Years
  • Hello! So I am completely new here, but I wanted some advice. I'm playing through Platinum and wanted to know if this team seemed alright for an in game completion. Torterra / Luxray / Drifblim / Milotic / Glaceon / Toxicroak

Hey! Welcome to PokeCommunity! I've played through Platinum a few times (7), and I think your team is great! You have very good type coverage, and when you go against Cynthia, she has a pretty high base level for her pokemon, but you can take out most of her team with that Glaceon (if it has ice moves :P)... But if you have any questions, you can just send me a PM. Have a great time!

GoldLuxray

Intermediately Experienced Player
    Years
  • thats kinda similar to the team I ended up using on my maiden defeat of the Champion on Diamond. I used an Infernape, (Still use one competitively), a Luxray, (still have it) a Toxicroak, a Dusknoir, Spiritomb, and Raichu. We both seem to have a good type coverage for general gameplay but what i made the mistake of running six battlers and no HM Slave, which meant i had to compromise some team members movesets to adjust. Instead of your current, full, team, consider dropping someone slightly less important, like Glaceon (i know he looks cool though) and have a Bidoof/Bibarel to learn Surf, Rock Smash, Stength, and another HM move. This will save you endless trips to the pokemon centre, and will allow you to use your four move slots effectively on the other 5 pokemon. Just a suggestion. :)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Glaceon may be strong on the special side, but all it really has for attacking moves is Ice type moves (which Milotic can learn too), Shadow Ball (which Drifblim can learn) and Hidden Power (which almost every Pokemon can learn). Besides, you seem to be lacking a Fire type. If I were you, I'd replace Glaceon with something like Houndoom. If you don't want a Fire type, some good alternatives include Togekiss, Altaria, Clefable, and even Garchomp.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • It would be really helpful if you could put movesets as well, just so we can give you advice on moves to keep, moves to change etc. At a first glance, your team has good type coverage, but you're lacking a Fire type. While Fire types aren't the most important type to have, since you have Toxicroak for Ice & Grass Types and Torterra for Steel Types, it would still be handy to have around, especially for Aaron of the Elite Four. I would suggest replacing Glaceon with something like Houndoom or Magmar/Magmortar.

Back