• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Alright, but I called it suggested cause ive been on a forum before where they called it likr that cause they can be rejected when conflicting with the rules. Further I did want to exclude NFE's and im fine with dual types so.. Besides, I said I wanted 6, not 5, but alright, ill take it.
So my team is: Golbat, Unown, Seaking, Wooper, Driftblim

Actually in your sign-up you stated that you don't want to exclude the NFEs.

Years
Hadn't been playing in a while and got on to check out the thread, realized I never completed my last challenge. I got stuck at elite four champ and didn't want to leave to train and have to fight them all again. Now I check it out and win on my first try without even remembering anything about the team I was using or up against. Go figure. So, after over a year, I submit my completed challenge of Pokemon FireRed Omega with Omastar, Heracross, and Dragonite leading the team and Dugtrio, Dustox, and Breloom proving themselves as wonderful sacrificial lambs for my panic induced revive and heal frenzy :D Now as punishment for taking so long I'll sign up again and make it harder on myself.

Forum Username: Ranger6w6
Game Version: FireRed Omega
Number of Pokemon: (2 Minimum): 2
Exclude NFEs: (Yes/No - NFEs are Not Fully Evolved): *gulp* Nope
National Dex: (Yes/No - Only say yes if you are able and willing to hack or trade.): No
Restrictions: No legendaries, only Pokemon from Kanto, Hoenn, and Johto to make the team actually possible

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Hadn't been playing in a while and got on to check out the thread, realized I never completed my last challenge. I got stuck at elite four champ and didn't want to leave to train and have to fight them all again. Now I check it out and win on my first try without even remembering anything about the team I was using or up against. Go figure. So, after over a year, I submit my completed challenge of Pokemon FireRed Omega with Omastar, Heracross, and Dragonite leading the team and Dugtrio, Dustox, and Breloom proving themselves as wonderful sacrificial lambs for my panic induced revive and heal frenzy :D Now as punishment for taking so long I'll sign up again and make it harder on myself.

Forum Username: Ranger6w6
Game Version: FireRed Omega
Number of Pokemon: (2 Minimum): 2
Exclude NFEs: (Yes/No - NFEs are Not Fully Evolved): *gulp* Nope
National Dex: (Yes/No - Only say yes if you are able and willing to hack or trade.): No
Restrictions: No legendaries, only Pokemon from Kanto, Hoenn, and Johto to make the team actually possible

Here's what you got - > Ninetales, Spoink (If you have no way of getting spoink in FR, I have generated a back up ------> Jigglypuff)

Man.. two pokemon, refusing to exclude NFEs. What a leap of faith!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
My pokemon red challenge is over. It's been fun using all new kinds of pokemon I've never used before!
I started off my journey with an overleveled team, later skipping huge segments of training and defeating the champions lv65 Blastoise with my lv53 Kadabra.

At first, because all my pokemon were all low 40s I just wanted to attempt a round against the elite four for both experience and money. I quickly gained confidence with my Butterfree Toxic and Kadabra doubleteam + recovery setup and took down the first three elite four leaders no prob. It was amazing how bulky Kadabra's special attacks were, taking pokemon much higher than its own level down in one or two psychics. I had to keep resetting at lance to setup my evasive wall, eventually pulling through once I applied 4 rare candies I collected. The champion was a piece of cake, double team, use potion if hit, double team. And yes, I do understand Kadabra is at a much higher level than the team but in the elite fours case, he was completely underleveled. Kadabra is the true hero.

Kudos to anyone who knows what theme I used to name my team.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Congratulations on that my friend. NHL nickname theme?
Anyways, while you finished that challenge of yours so fast im just getting started with mine. Kind of lacked time lately, but im making progress slowly now. I realised beating the oreburgh gym with only a zubat would require some training so my zubat is lvl 17 right now, and is the only one I can use in that battle cause the others are catchable somewhat later in the game. And well, I hope Ill make progress faster after this. Will let you all know later.

Years
Here's what you got - > Ninetales, Spoink (If you have no way of getting spoink in FR, I have generated a back up ------> Jigglypuff)

Man.. two pokemon, refusing to exclude NFEs. What a leap of faith!

Well, it's meant to be a punishment run for taking over a year to complete my last challenge, but still, ouch. I can't get Spoink until post-game so I have to use Jigglypuff, which I am not looking forward to. That Ninetales is a life-saver at least. I'll confirm my team of Jigglypuff and Ninetales. The champ in Omega has level 70 pokemon so Jigglypuff better not fail me with its sing. I am happy I didn't get a roll of metapod and magikarp though, expected something of the sort.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Well, here we go, I haven't updated in a while but I made some progress today. I'll most likely continue playing later after my stupid blunder of resetting, but, we'll see.

Spoiler:

Whitney was easy peasy, Slash destroyed here.

Morty I had to struggle to do the last one health that his haunter had after exhausting all my non-normal type moves. I realize afterwards that I had bought ice punch for this fight and never taught it to anyone. I'm good at video games bro.

Rival fight was no big deal, he's easy.

Chuck was an okay fight, I forgot to get a picture of me winning so I had to take one afterwards. Butterfree just put his team to sleep and then I hit confusion for the next ten years since that special attack is amazing. He wasn't hard at all though, nothing in Pokemon Generation 2 till Clair though.

Bryce was just strength, strength, surf. I feel overpowered at this point, but, I'm still not at Clair. That's where things get annoying to be honest, and with how my team is structured we'll have to see. I think I can get Hitmonlee after her though, so, I'll have at least five party members going into the E4 I think.

Next rival fight is still no big deal, just as easy.

Then I lost any urge to keep playing at the moment when I accidentally reset back to before Rocket Tower. I hate my fat fingers. Rest in peace progress.

So far El Morro the Sentret still has been the most useful member of the whole party. No one else can really keep up just because of his sheer versatility and the fact he still packs a good punch at the seventh gym in. Weakest would definitely be Goldman the Stantler. The only thing he provides to the team is his stomp, which, El Morro does more with Strength since Stantler can't learn it for some reason in generation 2. In fact, Stantler can't learn ANYTHING this generation and it's frustrating. I suspect Hitmonlee to be useful once I grab him, but, he'll only be here for the E4 and Kanto section basically. I won't be seeing Slugma for a while later now, post E4, but, I have the charcoal from earlier in the game and the fact he learns flamethrower naturally is a big boom. Hopefully that's enough to help him carry his weight with his awful typing and stats. Hokori the Sandslash pulls her weight around, but, she's really only useful when I run out of PP for strength on El Morro. She's quite slow, but, she hits hard enough to make up for it. It would help if my only hadn't been dig all this time. Then again I don't know what she would really get that would outclass it till Earthquake. Why does Sandslash learn no stab moves naturally in generation 1 and 2? That's so damn silly. Violet the Butterfree provides a lot of utility with her sleep powder and psychic move, but, nothing else really. I need to catch a flying type for HM slave, but, I'm so used to just holding down turbo at this point I'm not sure the extra minutes it would save would encourage me to play right now. Oh well I opened the emulator back up to check my names, so, I guess I might as well keep going. I'll see you guys in a bit I suppose.

Spoiler:

Well, there we go. I had to lead off with Goldman to destroy their reserve of thunderwaves and such. Goldman may be what I consider the weakest member of the team overall, but, he still hits like a truck. On my winning run he didn't even get paralyzed which was the only reason for any of my resets, well that and critical hits. My plan was to go through the Dragonairs with Goldman so he would take the grunts, and then, I could follow up with Butterfree to sleep and confuse Kingdra. Five attempts in a row Violet got destroyed by a critical, so, that was an instant reset. Get paralyzed more than once with Goldman while he's taking care of Dragonairs? Reset too. The second one carries Surf, as does Kingdra, so Hokori can't do as much as she'd want here. It was only about ten attempts all losing to bad RNG though, but, eh, what are you going to do. Time to buy proteins and grab my Tyrogue.

Spoiler:

Say hi to Bruice, the soon to be Hitmonlee. Sadly his defense DV is a lot higher than his attack it looks like. This means a lot of money out of my pocket to get him to evolve into a Hitmonlee. Oh well, that's how the cards are dealt.

Spoiler:

Bruice's attack stat isn't anything to laugh about now though. He's ready to kick everything into submission....with his tackle. Thanks learnsets for being awful in this generation. why do I play this generation so much I don't even like Johto that much

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Dec 2, 2015
Alrighty then away we go to try this

And it looks like i am using 5 til the elite 4 as meloetta i have is lvl 100

Last edited by a moderator:

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
So, I'm kind of putting this out here. Lance is kind of a sissy.

Spoiler:

Double so when you destroy him with a level 40 Sentret. El Morro takes no prisoners, only victims. Onto Kanto! Onto stealing Leftovers! Onto a lot of things...Onto actually getting my final party member holy hell.

Final Party Member Caught.
Spoiler:

His name is a reference, do you get it?

Spoiler:

What a completely unremarkable second half of the game. I got done in like an hour. The only thing I can think of that was interesting was that I watched Blue's Gyarados miss five hydro pumps in a row against my Magcargo. Secret OP Ability, turns water to steam on contact.

Alright, time to beat Red now to end my challenge. Here's my team before I face him.

Spoiler:

Man, I don't even know what to say about the Red fight. I think everything is pretty apparent if you check my sets above. Gotta go for the style win though with Dream Eater. I could of balked enough surfs to stall his PP or just destroy him with strength after his full restores, but, the style. Who the hell even uses Dream Eater anyway.

Spoiler:

Anyway, with that, I'm done with this challenge. Add me up to the list, Pokemon Silver is done.
My given team was: Furret, Stantler, Hitmonlee, Sandslash, Butterfree and Magcargo~

Last edited:

CuriousGlaceon

Never be afraid to express yourself!
Years
Forum Username: CuriousVaultDweller
Game Version: Pokemon Y
Number of Pokemon:6
NFEs: No
Restrictions: Balanced
Previous Progress: N/A

CuriousGlaceon

Years
I need to get a re-roll, Staraptor, Chandelure and Avalugg's prior evos can't be obtained before the third badge and Slurpuff is an 'X' exclusive pokemon and even then the lowest level for a Swirlix in the wild is lv.14.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I need to get a re-roll, Staraptor, Chandelure and Avalugg's prior evos can't be obtained before the third badge and Slurpuff is an 'X' exclusive pokemon and even then the lowest level for a Swirlix in the wild is lv.14.

Banette, Vespiquen, Scizor, Hippowdon, Gogoat, Abomasnow

Will this work?

CuriousGlaceon

Years
Banette, Vespiquen, Scizor, Hippowdon, Gogoat, Abomasnow

Will this work?

Sorry but no, with Abomasnow, Banette, and Scyther I have to wait till much later in-game to get them, not to mention get Scyther a Metal Coat. They can only be obtained after the third badge and I don't have anyone that could breed some up to trade in. (Would that also be against the rules too?)

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
CuriousVaultDweller said:
Forum Username: CuriousVaultDweller
Game Version: Pokemon Y
Number of Pokemon:6
Restrictions: Balanced
Try this team: Seviper, Diggersby, Jolteon, Sawk, Sigilyph, Greninja

Years
I'll try this out
I would give CuriousVaultDweller a team, but he hasn't responded to Disclosed's team yet:
Try this team: Seviper, Diggersby, Jolteon, Sawk, Sigilyph, Greninja
My sign up:
Forum Username: vegemitetoast
Game Version: Pokemon Gold
Number of Pokemon: 6
Restrictions: Only pokemon you can get in Gold thanks :)

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Forum Username: vegemitetoast
Game Version: Pokemon Gold
Number of Pokemon: 6
Restrictions: Only pokemon you can get in Gold thanks :)
Here, I'll give you another one:
Meganium, Arbok, Furret, Poliwrath, Ledian, Sudowoodo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back