• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Tiny details that mean the most

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
Years
  • A thread by Nah got me thinking about the features that XY brought to the game, and I realized that most of the time, what affects me the most are not major feature upgrades, but small details that got added here and there than just makes the experience of playing that much better.

So I'm wondering what small changes added into Kalos made a difference to you?

Here are some to get the ball rolling:
    • The ability to sit on benches. Of course.
    • Roller skating. Woo~
    • Taking photos at scenic spots, especially at Versailles Parfum Palace.
    • Tipping everybody to show how generous you are.
    • Styling Furfrou! Pyramid for the win, yo!
    • Gratuitous French. Just because it has some je ne sais quoi.
    • Taxi! Oops, I forgot my cash...

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    If you use Lapras they have the actual Pokemon sprite. Love that!!!

I mean, they built on it in ORAS, but it was still ace in X/Y

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I gotta agree with the surfing on Lapras thing. It's so much better than riding on some blob thing like you normally do. I also really liked how during the game's (very few) cutscenes it would show your character with all their customization. It's not uncommon for games to do that, but I didn't really expect it here.

Years
  • I always enjoyed the fact Lapras had its own overworld model when you used Surf with it. Sitting on benches was another nice touch, along with taking photos.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • Hmm, a lot of what I liked in X already existed in B2W2, like asking to use another repel and being able to sort the inventory.

> I really liked the ability to rotate Pokemon in the Pokedex. That made Pokedex 3D obsolete.
    > The berry field was awesome. I really like to plant berries and this was so much easier than having to run all over the region searching for where I planted them.
    > The roller skates are great too! I miss them in Omega Ruby.
    > Being able to control the camera when taking pictures was neat.
    > But it was awesome how the holo caster moved around when you moved your DS.
    > Sitting on people's chairs and beds.
    > Actually being able to see what the player character was doing when saving the game. Before it was some weird squat.
    > The speed of saving the game!!!

I think my very favourite part was being able to squat down when you talked to small children and Pokemon. That was absolutely adorable.

I think most of what I liked weren't actually small things ^^;; I'm sure there are a lot more, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The updated Experience Share we have in X and Y isn't particularly a small change, but I thought I should still throw it in as I believed it to make training more effortless and straightforward. Though, we do have fans out there that don't appreciate the update as much, but those who don't always have a way to disable Exp. Share and continue with their game.

Aside from this, I can't really think of anything that wasn't already mentioned here.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
  • The updated Experience Share we have in X and Y isn't particularly a small change, but I thought I should still throw it in as I believed it to make training more effortless and straightforward. Though, we do have fans out there that don't appreciate the update as much, but those who don't always have a way to disable Exp. Share and continue with their game.

Aside from this, I can't really think of anything that wasn't already mentioned here.

Yes, the EXP share in gen VI is SOOOO convenient! And thanks to the triple battle feature, more pokemon can get higher exp points! The best way to quickly level up pokemon in this game is at the 3 star restaurant in Lumiose, or at least from what I have experienced.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Pokémon moving according to the moves they are using, as oppose to the paper-like puppet and background-changing just to match the battle scene/moves.

Amie is also amazing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I loved how all the Pokemon were fully animated, even when they use an attack. Also, I enjoyed the animations in Pokemon Amie when Pokemon pull cute faces at you and stuff.

Back