• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Main OU Team RMT

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
Years
  • After much persuasion (points at nica), i have decided to post an rmt. i am a decent battler, but i want to get advice from the experts.

My team:
    Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Growth
    - Sleep Powder
    - Seed Bomb
    - Earthquake

i needed a grass type, and venu's great stats seemed to be of great use on my team. however, as of late, he cant seem to stand his ground. not sure if i should get rid of him, or if i should give him a different moveset.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Taunt

the usual gliscor set. i dont see having to get rid of him, but i might if it calls for it.

Shelly (Cloyster) (F) @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Razor Shell

saw someone use this against me, havent got rid of her since. gotten me out of A LOT (and i mean A LOT) of tight spots.

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Substitute

good special attacker but, like venu, might not be a good one for my team. open to suggestions here.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat
    - Night Slash
    - Stone Edge

after seeing this, i had to put him. i have been able to outspeed many pokes that would usually sweep me easily. was able to get a crit megahorn and took down dragonite at half health.

Nega-Wisp (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dark Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - Focus Blast

another good special attacker, might switch if need be. not much to say here.

i want to make a balanced sweeper team, so im open to any suggestions.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Venusaur should be used in sunlight; it's a rather average Pokemon without it. How about Jirachi? It can run a bunch of different sets to support the team, but this is the most recommended one:
    -Iron Head
    -Wish
    -Body Slam/Thunder Wave
    -Fire Punch/Stealth Rock/Protect
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/224 SDef/32 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • For your Volcarona and Cloyster, you definitely need a spinner. Fortunately, Starmie is a really good choice for this team, since not only it can rapid spin stealth rock away, it can provide a good offense too. The Starmie that I would use for this team is the following:

Starmie @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Care
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

You may also want to try having priority attacks on this team as well. Scizor could be a great priority user to have, you can have Swords Dance, or a Choice Band on him. You can also try an offensive Dragonite along with your Starmie (should you choose to use it)

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Outrage
    - Fire Punch
    - Extremespeed
    - Dragon Dance

You can have extremespeed on there, for the sake of beating those ice shard / sucker punch users when you dragon dance. Mamoswine is another great pokemon to use, since you can have great use of it's Ice shard attack.

Well, hope my suggestions help! Best of luck to you~ :3

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    O.o
    So many set-up sweepers.. It almost looks like a mixed hyper offense.. Just in case you do want to make it a full HO team, I'll just throw out the following:

Azelf @ Light Clay
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rocks

If you want a quick screener, Azelf is amazing. Screens are self explanatory. Taunt slower Pokes who you think will try to set up hazards/set up in general on you. Stealth Rocks if you can for hazard damage, which is greatly appreciated, because in the case you don't get that extra boost, the extra damage could win or lose the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Strong team ,bar Venusaur in my opinion Venusuar is pointless unless run in Sunny day teams.

Back