• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Groudon/ Kyogre/ Rayquaza Which is better ???

Imrul Quayes Adnan

The adventure begins from HERE
Years
  • Hey guys,
    Did you play pokemon R/S/E ?
    Love this ?
    Then answer the question.

Which legendary pokémon is better?

1. Groudon
    2. Kyogre
    3. Rayquaza

Last edited:
    Years
  • Rayquaza is not only my favorite out of the three, but probably my favorite legendary Pokemon of all time. Everything from its typing, design, and lore drew me in, and I can't imagine another legendary overtaking it at the top of my list.

I don't mind Kyogre either, but Groudon is the distant third in the trio for me.

Years
  • Groudon is my favorite, most likely because my first game was Pokemon Ruby. I liked Raquaza and Kyogre as well, Kyogre being my last choice.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I like Kyogre the best. I only wish he was the largest Pokemon instead of Wailord. Nothing against Wailord, but I always preferred Kyogre's design.

Years
  • I do love all three as a trio, but Kyogre's my fave because you know, I love water and Water-type Pokemon.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I was obsessed with Rayquaza when I first played the games. Nowadays, though, Kyogre isn't just my favourite of the trio, but is hands down my favourite legendary Pokemon.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I love all three buuuuuuuuut Kyogre uses ice beam and Rayquaza faints and if Kyogre uses Hydro Pump Groudon faints, so in terms of strenth Kyogre in terms of design and storyline Rayquaza :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    My favorite is Groudon, i have a sun team in emerald, bellosoom, shiny Vileplume, Blaziken, Weezing and Armaldo.

Groudon base stats on attack and defense are Kyogre's base stats on sp. attack and sp. defense, and vice versa. Speed and HP are the same.
    However, the appearance of these legendaries are much different, Groudon is the heaviest pokemon ever, and it stands on the ground.
    While Kyogre is definitely frailer than Groudon but because of that it can make very strong splash and headbutt, make very strong tsunami/water wave like an orca, so it deserves 90 base speed.

Thats why Groudon in game is more frail than it looks, 90 base speed is the speed of a pikachu, do i really want that? What a 90 speed Groudon is like? Have u ever seen Groudon jumping around do double team and use tail whip?? Seriously.
    If that speed goes to its sp. defense, it would be a very very dense, strong and tanky pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    rayquaza is hands down my favourite...its design is awesome.....emerald was the first game i played-----------groudon would be my second and kyorge my third

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    technically rayquaza, since hes the one who stops the fighting,his ability is air lock & stops all weather conditions. Hes the trio master so by default i'd say he's the best

Years
  • I can answer your question but it really depends on the definition of best!

1). Lore wise Rayquaza is able to stop them easily.
    2). Abilities also come into play, depending on who is out last, if rayquaza goes out last than kyogre or groudons ability and its buff are null.
    3). Stat wise groudon is physical, kyogre is special and rayquaza is mixed (though I don't remember the vanilla gen 3 have the physical/special split, but stats can still sway the battle).
    4). Move wise, kyogre can learn moves that have 4x effectiveness on both groudon and rayquaza,

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Rayquaza's my favourite and has been for a long time, though Kyogre and Groudon are both loves of mine too? I find them pretty cool and cute. wee?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • With this trio it really feels like Kyogre beats Groudon and Rayquaza, Groudon beats Kyogre and Rayquaza, and Rayquaza beats Kyogre and Groudon.

My fav's Groudon. His Primal form is uber cool.

Back