• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gladiators

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Hello Everyone, I am Smuckers and I am created a new type of pokemon game! Yay Exciting!

I beleive this game may be a great hit to the Pokemon Community Forums, we just have to see!

I am quite new to pokemon games and do not know much, but I may be needing you to help me create this truly amazing game that has just come up in my mind.
    Why should you join? Well why not? I will be doing some spriting and be giving out ideas, I can't do everything on my own unless I have all the spare time in the world, which I don't because I have school and that just plain ruins everything doesn't it?

Story
    Starting out, you are a Pikachu in your very large and expensive house and you hear a bunch of other pokemon screaming, oh noes!! Then the screen goes black and you see a village, a pokemon village, with burning houses.
    Your friends and family have been taken by the overlord of this new pokemon inhabitant island. You have also been captured by this evil kingdom but separate from all the other prisoners. You been personally selected, along with 6 other pokemon, as the strongest, smartest, fastest, acrobatic, leadership skills or Evil hearted, You were chosen by your leadership. You were sent to fight to prove your skills and to please the overlord.

-Pokemon-

When you actually start the game, you are in a holding cell with very little food to eat, which heals you after each fight, after every fight you gain very little food. You then have money to buy food, weapons, or armor. After you buy your items you walk out into the battle area where you will face your first enemies, five wurmple. After you defeat them flawlessly, you get sent back to the store area which you meet your first partner, your best friend. Your friend was chosen to fight because he was the most evil hearted pokemon of the village. Your friend ends up fighting with you in the next round which are two absol, yes absol. You then get defeated and kicked out of the arena and was casted off to a minor island off the coast along with your friend which is now starting to dislike you. He says you brought him down and now he is never going to see his family ever again. You then go in different paths and wander around the island for food and shelter hoping some other time, you can show your face back t the arena and win your family back to you. You end up training on weak little beings for a few weeks until you reach a small bluff, you go and explore the bluff when you see a sight that changes your life forever....

How do you like it so far?

-FAQs-
    Spoiler:

I am looking for workers, and will have your name in credits. I am new to pokemon games and this is my very first game I thought of ever!!! EVER!! Leave positive comments please!

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I read the first two mini-paragraphs already, and...I don't have any idea what I'm jumping into xD. Let's go:
    Hello Everyone, I am Smuckers Hey, I'm the local plot critic. and I am created a new type of pokemon game Interesting...! Yay Exciting!

I beleive this game may be a great hit to the Pokemon Community Forums, we just have to see!

I am quite new to pokemon games and do not know much, but I may be needing you to help me create this truly amazing game that has just come up in my mind. Okay, now you had better back up these here claims...
    Why should you join? Well why not Good answer...most of us have our own projects, though...? I will be doing some spriting and be giving out ideas, I can't do everything on my own unless I have all the spare time in the world, which I don't because I have school and that just plain ruins everything doesn't it? Newsflash: we ALL are busy...well, you, I, other people, barring a few of the total bums who do nothing but burn their teenage years away online.

Story
    Starting out, you are a Pikachu MD...but not, I don't think... in your very large and expensive house Really... and you hear a bunch of other pokemon screaming, oh noes <<!! Then the screen goes black and you see a village, a pokemon village, with burning houses. Okay, so you're the sole survivor or something?
    Your friends and family have been taken by the overlord of this new pokemon inhabitant island Okay, this is getting weird.... You have also been captured by this evil kingdom Who's the king? What business do they have with you? Why are you still living? What are their motives for this atrocity (and, likely, others)? but separate from all the other prisoners. You been personally selected, along with 6 other pokemon, as the strongest, smartest, fastest, acrobatic, leadership skills or Evil hearted, You were chosen by your leadership. You were sent to fight to prove your skills and to please the overlord Okay, uh...why do you work for them? Why did they burn your village or whatever to get you? How do they know you won't turn on them?.

-Pokemon-

When you actually start the game, you are in a holding cell with very little food to eat, which heals you after each fight ...and other effects? (think Chesto Berries and whatnot), after every fight you gain very little food What about steps=resting=health? Game time?. You then have money to buy food, weapons, or armor. After you buy your items you walk out into the battle area Arena or area? where you will face your first enemies, five wurmple. After you defeat them flawlessly, you get sent back to the store area which you meet your fist partner What pkmn?, your best friend. Your friend was chosen to fight because he was the most evil hearted pokemon of the village ...yet you're friends?. Your friend ends up fighting with you in the next round which are two absol, yes absol Oh, so you and your friend tag-battle?. You then get defeated and kicked out of the arena and was casted off to a minor island Why? Wait, you're still the strongest, aren't you...? What's the deal wiht this arena? off the coast along with your friend which is now starting to dislike you How come? He blames you for the current situation?. He says you brought him down and now he is never going to see his family ever again Yep.... You then go in different paths and wander around the island for food and shelter hoping some other time, you can show your face back t the arena and win your family back to you. You end up training on weak little beings for a few weeks until you reach a small bluff, you go and explore the bluff when you see a sight that changes your life forever....Cliffhangers fail...

How do you like it so far? Good that it's not all what I consider 'backstory material', but you know where you're going with this, right? I'd particularly like to see some light shedded on what's actually transpiring...why are pkmn being put against each other?

-FAQs-
    Spoiler:

I am looking for workers, and will have your name in credits. I am new to pokemon games and this is my very first game I thought of ever!!! EVER!! Uh, okay? Leave positive comments please!

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Nobody is dead, they just been captured by the kingdom. and most gladiators were prisoners of war, forced to fight others in order to stay alive. plus they know that the main character won't turn on the kingdom is because the kingdom is too powerful. The main character has never really known his best friend's backstory, but just known his energetic positive side, but during the attack of the kingdom, the warlord saw the evil side of him and decided to let him fight for his life instead of dying slowly in the hold cell. As you go along you will find more partners and I dpn't want to reveal too much about the kingdom, plus this is back in the middle ages of pokemon, with knights and what not...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Nobody is dead That's the problem...burn a village with no casualties at minimum?, they just been captured by the kingdom WHY, though? What are the king's ambitions?. and most gladiators were prisoners of war What war? So they're on the wrong side? What's the conflict? What's at stake?, forced to fight others in order to stay alive. plus they know that the main character won't turn on the kingdom is because the kingdom is too powerful I wouldn't; more likely, they'd be OCD about people rebelling 'cause they are so powerful and, thus, have a far way to fall down.... The main character has never really known his best friend's backstory ...his best friend he doesn't know? What an...impersonal world..., but just known his energetic positive side, but during the attack of the kingdom, the warlord saw the evil side of him and decided to let him fight for his life instead of dying slowly in the hold cell. As you go along you will find more partners and I dpn't want to reveal too much about the kingdom, plus this is back in the middle ages of pokemon, with knights and what not...Where are the humans?
    And we're off...to where? Idk...Loserville for all I care...

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Ok, the kingdom's forces took the village pokemon as prisoners and then they burned the houses after taking everyone out. got it?!
    he captured everyone so he can prove his power amongst all other pokemon on the island... there are several kingdoms. got it?!
    there was a great war and the village belong to the territory of a different kingdom. so basicly they were just in the middle of the war and had nothing to do with it. got it?!
    He doesn't know his best friend because his best friend only shows him the energetic and friendly side, but during the raid (which the evil kingdom was taking prisoners) he suddenly changed out of no where, never had it in him. got it?!
    There are no humans as stated in the first post. got it?! good

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Ok, the kingdom's forces took the village pokemon as prisoners and then they burned the houses after taking everyone out. got it?! ...sure. :S
    he captured everyone so he can prove his power amongst all other pokemon on the island... there are several kingdoms. got it?! ...and you were part of another kingdom? Don't got it...
    there was a great war and the village belong to the territory of a different kingdom Got it now.... so basicly they were just in the middle of the war and had nothing to do with it. got it? Got it.
    He doesn't know his best friend because his best friend only shows him the energetic and friendly side, but during the raid (which the evil kingdom was taking prisoners) he suddenly changed out of no where, never had it in him. got it?! I think...
    There are no humans as stated in the first post I...don't recall seeing that...where are they? Or are we in an alternate, MD-esque universe?. got it?! Got it. good
    Guess I'm nearly finished here...one more thing left to say:
    Got it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    well i should have put pokemon only inhabitant island and yes, it is like PMD

Back