• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon OceanBlue Version **[ALPHA 1 RELEASED]**

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
  • This hack looks amazing! I love the rain, ocean whatever but water's the best haha. I really hope this hack goes places, don't give up!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Lol cool idea and looks good so far
    :D
    keep going i hope to see this go so far that it actaully reaches HACKS SHOWCASE

PlatniumPiano

Years
  • Played through (most) of the alpha but spotted a major bug...

When going back towards Red Island from the SECOND part of route two (the part with the grass, but through the building) the game freezes. It only seems to occur after the National dex is gotten and you reach the northernmost section of the grassy part of the route. Even though you remade it I still would make sure this doesn't happen again haha...

But other than that it has been really fun so far :D

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    Played through (most) of the alpha but spotted a major bug...

When going back towards Red Island from the SECOND part of route two (the part with the grass, but through the building) the game freezes. It only seems to occur after the National dex is gotten and you reach the northernmost section of the grassy part of the route. Even though you remade it I still would make sure this doesn't happen again haha...

But other than that it has been really fun so far :D

Yeah that seems to happen at different random times, and is one of the bugs I found to be irrepairable. Thanks for taking the time to play the alpha and giving feedback.

And thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread, your support has made me determined to continue this, even if progress is a bit slow =/

PlatniumPiano

Years
  • Yeah that seems to happen at different random times, and is one of the bugs I found to be irrepairable. Thanks for taking the time to play the alpha and giving feedback.

And thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread, your support has made me determined to continue this, even if progress is a bit slow =/

No problem. And I'd be glad to help you if you'd like, I script fairly well, so I guess VM me if you're interested haha. Looking forward to Alpha 2

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    New Video Preview

Here is a new video preview of the new version of this hack. It again covers the new and improved intro, getting the first pokemon and battling your rival for the first time.

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    So, it's been a little while since I released some new screenshots so here a quite a few:

Intro-1.png

Goodbye Nidoran...

name.png

Credit where credit's due...

rival.png
    lauren1.png
    lauren2.png
    route1guy.png
    redisland.png
    oldguy.png
    slowpoke.png
    trade.png
    trade2.png
    found.png
    beach.png
    dex.png
    beach2.png
    beach3.png
    route2.png
    dex2.png
    dex3.png
    dex4.png

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • this looks really good but one thing that isnt a new sprite or OW its red recoloured blue thats one thing that really annoys me so mabye you could get a new one to improve

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • This looks good so far, but 2 things:

• You should use textcolor commands in those step-tile scripts.
    • I really don't like your grass palette, but that's just my personal opinion.

I LOVE seeing another hack that uses perfect grammar, as that's a pet peeve of mine, and you seem to be a lover of step-tile scripts, which is also great, so keep it up. This has a lot of potential.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back