• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar The Last Airbender Challenge

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
  • What starter can Air pick? Or do we just ignore the starter the moment we get a legal Pokémon for our nation?

EDIT: also, what's the win condition for ORAS?

It depends on the game you play. For ORAS you have to ignore the starter once you get a legal pokemon (since none of the starters are legal). The win condition for ORAS is to defeat Steven.

Years
  • Update: I just metal clawed my way through Brock with Phil the level 17 Charmeleon, while starting with Jojo the level 10 Pikachu for each pokemon, at the end of the battle Phil was level 17 and Jojo was 11.

Years
  • Update: Team still consists of only Phil and Jojo (because in kanto those are the only two fire nations until just before Rock Tunnel) going into misty's gym, Jojo at 24, Phil at 22, I one hit staryu, and had to paralyze starmie then switch to Phil and lower the things accuracy with smokescreen, before thundershocking it into submission. I left with Jojo reaching 25 and Phil not changing. I think I'll teach Jojo dig.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update: Team still only consists of Phil and Jojo. When i challenged Lt. Surge Phil was at level 28, and Jojo was at 31. All i did here was dig my way through the gym with Jojo, although, His Pikachu's static did paralyze Jojo, giving me a slight challenge. they are unchanged in level.

Years
  • Update: As I go into battle Erika, I now have 3 new pokemon on my team, a level 21 Voltorb named Aimee, a level 22 Growlithe named Cooper, and a level 19 Dratini named Tyler. Of course I still have Jojo, now level 32, and Phil, now 35. Yes, the 3 new pokemon are very under-leveled. I started the fight against Victreebell with Cooper, getting one ember out before Erika used Acid. I then switched to Phil, who destroyed it with flamethrower. next was Tangela, which I sent Cooper back out for, only to accidentally use bite and got poison-powdered. I used ember and burned Tangela, while it used ingrain. I thought one more ember would do the trick, but then she used a hyper potion. So again I used ember, but before I did she used a full heal in vain, as her Tangela fainted anyways. Then last, but certainly not least, she sent out her Vileplume, i kept Cooper out so he could gain XP, but because of the poison from Tangela, and acid from Victreebell, Cooper was in no way ready to fight. So i switched back to Phil and took an Acid to the face. On Phil's first turn, I wiped Vileplume out of commission. the only change from this battle was Cooper hitting level 23. I'm now debating if i want to go face Sabrina or Koga, but either way I should take care of Team Rocket, and go get my bike.

Last edited:

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
    Years
  • I'm updating the list of players now.

Also, this will be my update post for my own game:
    I am stuck at the elite four now (will give full details once they are defeated) so I'll probably go back and grind for a little bit. I have a Drifblim named Vayu, Delphox named Zephyr, Malamar named Eurus, Florges named Boreas, Gyarados named Haku, and a Wormadam named Notus.

Back