• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When Did it All Start?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Whether you're into making GFX art, or maybe sprite art, or perhaps if you're more into drawings, we all had to start somewhere, right? Perhaps you were into making small drawings & doodles on a piece of paper during your free time because you liked to draw at the time, or perhaps you were inspired upon another artist, or another artwork?

So, my question for you all is, when did it all begin for you? How did art become your interest, and did it influence what your current type of art interest is? Feel free to share all thoughts & stories. :]

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Me, I'm hugely into graphic and web design. Been into it since I was about thirteen or so, which was about seven years ago, and still am. I've had no idea what I was doing when I first started, but now, I'd say I'm more or less at an advanced level; hand me any task regarding them, and I'll figure out a way to get it done. How often do I practice? Very. Graphics--I find myself creating them every single day. Web--I work on things relating to it every day, too. Although I'm pretty familiar with these stuff, I still find myself looking at tutorials and guides every once in a while, however, so that I could keep improving. Every time I look, I always discover something new, never-before-seen. Would I be doing any of these professionally someday? Probably not. I have thought about it, I admit, but I can't see them being of much help, sadly. I love them, however. I love them a lot. Unfortunately, they've always been something I did for fun--hobby--and they're going to remain that way for a good while.

I've always been wanting to do hand-drawn art and animations, but I'm not that great at former, sadly. Though, much of it is my fault, as I don't practice enough. If I had, I'm sure I would've been a lot better. Latter--I'm okay at it, but I personally find it to be very time-consuming, so sometimes, I just simply try to stay away. It's quite enjoyable, but could be sort of frustrating if you're in a rush. That's just me, though; not everybody might feel this way.

Years
  • I've always like computers, so I wanted to do something with computers, but wasn't sure exactly what for a long time.
    I joined an Anime forum in 2011 and saw some awesome signatures. So I decided to start to try to make cool ones like the other members. Well it didn't go that well, but I still wanted to improve(Most of the time I give up easily on certain things sadly). After some time I noticed that had gotten a little better. I still can't do many stuff, I try to look up stuff and learn.

Many times if I get something done and don't like it at the end I just delete it, it just annoys me that it didn't turn out the way I was imaging it. And it doesn't turn out as I imagine it is because I am still at a kinda medium level, if I try just a little harder maybe the way I see it in my head will turn out the same way. But always the whole process is fun(even if I don't like it at the end). The feeling when you finish it and you like it is awesome, but when someone tells you they like it it's even better. Sometimes I just google "____(some series) signatures" and try to draw inspiration and figure out how the heck they did it. It almost never works sadly.

I really, really want to get into drawing and pixle art. But with drawing I try to do something(I've got a tablet and I am used to it, kinda) and I usually look at the picture side by side, but when I see that my lines are awful I get a really bad feeling. The feeling of failure is just so damn bad. I just don't even know how to start getting better. I always read just need a pencil and papper, but when you have no idea what to do it's really hard. There is anatomy, perspective, proportions and shadows. It's the same with Pixel Art. I can easily just look at spirtes up close and do the same, but just making stuff out of blank page is so hard.

But would I trade away my love and passion for this stuff even in hard times? No, never.

Years
  • I started designing in 2006, when my friend gave me a *cough hacked cough* version of photoshop CS, I loved it, and I loved being able to create things on my own and for others to make them happy, too. I have been at it for 8 years so far, I started when I was just 16.

Back