• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Go! (Arc 1)

Years
  • Hello, this is my first Pokémon story. As a long time Pokémon fan this story basically reflects how I think Pokémon should be like. Since I started this story back when I was a novice at fanfiction writing it might start out a bit rough but as I have, this story is sure to evolve over time. Also due to the fact that this story is going to be quite lengthy, I will have an index in the first page with a link to each chapter to make it easier for the readers or if not that then for every new chapter I'll have a link to the previous chapter. Feel free to message me if you are curious about anything or wish to give me feedback.

This is the first Chapter of Pokémon Go!.

----------------------------------------------
    Pokémon Go!

Chapter 1: My Name is Golen!

Introduction: Pocket Monsters, more commonly known as Pokémon. There are Hundreds of these powerful creatures, all varying in shapes and sizes. Over the years many powerful trainers have emerged and kept the balance of peace in the world. But this story isn't about them. This new story takes place 20 years after Team Plasma's plans to manipulate the Legendary Dragons were foiled by Black and White. Now watch as we unravel the mysteries of Pokémon and follow the journey of this special young man from Aspertia City.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey wake up!" shouted the angry red headed blue-eyed lady. She was wearing a casual attire consisting of a designed white top and black pants. Her beauty was matched only by her aggressive persona. "What?" said the sleepy black haired boy, his gold colored eyes were barely open. "Hey Golen! Have you already forgotten what today is!?" she screamed. "It's June 13th why are you asking?" said Golen, barely awake. "Today is the day you start your journey, Golen." said an old lady in a calm sweet voice. Her hair was a grayish black and her eyes were a pale green. Her attire consisted of a cream robe and white pants. "Amy, you really need to stop being so harsh to your brother." said the old lady. "But Grandma Emma, you know how careless he is. If I didn't wake him up he wouldn't have gotten his starter Pokémon." said Amy. "So what?" said Golen. "What do you mean so what?" Amy angrily replied. "Obtaining a starter Pokémon from the regional Professor is just one of the ways for a trainer to begin their journey. Even if I missed out today I'd begin my journey whether I had a Pokémon or not." "You little dork! Don't try to act like a rebel!" said Amy. "What?" replied the annoyed Golen. "Both of you stop this." said Emma with an intimidating tone. "Golen, Amy this is the last day you two will see each other in a while so can't you try to get along better?" asked Emma. "Sure?" replied Golen and Amy both slightly intimidated by their Grandma's shift in tone. "Alright you better hurry up and get ready." Amy told Golen as both she and Emma walked out of Golen's room. "Today is really the day." said Golen as he got changed into his journey attire. His new attire had consisted of a zipped up short sleeved dark red hooded jacket with a white undershirt along with black cargo pants. He also sported black and white gloves, a golden necklace and red striped low black sneaker. "Time to get this journey started." Golen confidently stated. "Hey dweeb! Instead of accessorizing yourself, how about you come down here and eat your breakfast." Amy shouted. "She really is annoying." Golen thought under his breath as he walked out his room and headed to the kitchen. "I'm here" Golen replied. "Took you long enough." said Amy. "If you want to be energized you should hurry up and eat dear." said Emma. "Yeah I got it." replied Golen as he began to eat. After breakfast Golen prepared his dark red backpack as he began to leave. "Golen hold up." said Amy. As Golen turned around he sees both Amy and Grandma. "Amy, Grandma!" Golen replied as he looked back at them. "Thinking about leaving without a proper goodbye?" said Emma. "Sorry I'm not too good at things like that." replied Golen. "Always acting like a tough guy even now. You never change." said Amy in a slightly saddened tone. "It's what I do best" said Golen trying to ease his sister. "Alright but remember not to cry whenever you don't catch a Pokémon and also you throw the Pokéball to catch the Pokémon and also don't forget..." "I get it Amy" said Golen as he interrupted her lecture. "Okay, don't mess up out there little bro." she said still slightly depressed. "Yeah I got it." replied Golen . "Golen do your best." said Emma. "I understand, thanks Grandma. I'll be sure to come back after I become the best trainer in the Unova region." Golen confidently stated as he left. "He might be an idiot but I'm gonna miss him" said Amy. "Yeah, if he sets out then I'm sure he'll meet up with them again." replied Emma as they saw Golen walk off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "To start my journey I have to go over to Professor Juniper. I remember that her office is a few blocks west from my house." said Golen as he began to walk. "The regional starters involve Snivy a Grass-type, Tepig a Fire-type and Oshawott a Water-type. They all sound like wimps to me honestly. But I guess I have to pick one of them anyway. *sighs* Maybe they won't be as bad as I think." said Golen as he continued walking. As he continued to walk he arrived at Professor Juniper's Aspertia City office. "This is the place." said Golen as he opened the door. "Hey is Professor Juniper here!" he shouted. As he looked in he saw three people. The first was a dark blue-haired young man. His eyes were a dark blue color and his attire consisted of a purple blazer with a black undershirt, dark grey pants and black, white bottomed shoes. He also sported multiple accessories including a silver pendant and 3 black rings. The second person was a beautiful green haired young girl. Her eyes were a dark brown color and her hair was tied in a ponytail and her attire consisted of a light pink sleeveless blouse with a short black skirt and long black boots. Her accessories consisted of a white scarf, light silver bracelets and two pink clips in her hair. The final one was the only of the faces that Golen recognized. The third figure was a tall woman, with light brown hair and light green eyes. Her attire consisted of a white lab coat with a white undershirt and a green skirt. Golen recognized her as Professor Juniper the famous researcher. "Hello. You must be Golen, Ms. Emma's grandson." said Professor Juniper. "Yeah and you must be Professor Juniper but who are those guys?" Golen asked while pointing at the young man with blue hair and a young girl with green hair. "These are your fellow beginning trainers. His name is Kyoya and her name is Carly." replied Professor Juniper. "It's nice to meet you." replied Carly with an eager tone. "Yeah you too." Golen replied as he then looked over to Kyoya who glared back at him. "Hey I'm Golen" he replied. "Whatever." Kyoya replied barely acknowledging Golen's kindness. "What!?" Golen retorted. "Don't mind him. This is the beginning of our journeys we should be enjoying it." said Carly trying to prevent any further trouble between Golen and Kyoya. "Everyone it's time for you all to take your starter Pokémon." called out Professor Juniper. "It's finally time." Golen thought in his head. "Alright come on out!" Professor Juniper screamed as she threw three Pokéballs. Out of the Pokéballs emerged a Snivy, a Tepig and an Oshawott. "These are the starter Pokémon, huh? Golen said. "Anyone of them could prove to be a reliable partner." Kyoya calmly stated. "Wow they are all so cute!" Carly said while admiring the three starters. "Carly, you're the first one up." said Professor Juniper. Carly began to think about who to choose. "They are too cute." said Carly while admiring each of them. After carefully analyzing each of them Carly came to a decision. "I've made my choice. Tepig let's begin our journey together." she said with a joyful tone. "Tepig!" Tepig shouted as it jumped to Carly. "This is going to be a fun journey." Carly said while laughing. "Golen you're up." Professor Juniper called. "I'm sorry Professor but I have to decline your offer." Golen calmly stated. "What? But how do you plan to start your journey without a Pokémon?" asked Professor Juniper. "I just want to catch a Pokémon on my own without having to rely on you to give me one." Golen replied. "Well I understand Golen. But if you ever change your mind you will be free to take one of these starters." said Professor Juniper. "Okay, I'll be sure to come back when I do catch a Pokémon." Golen happily replied. "Well not all of you have Pokémon but here." Professor Juniper stated as she gave Golen, Kyoya and Carly 5 Pokéballs. "With these you will be able to gather your own group friends." she added along. "Thanks Professor." said both Carly and Golen in joy. "Professor I'd like to pick my starter Pokémon now." Kyoya calmly replied. "I wonder who he's gonna choose." Golen thought in his head. Kyoya walked over to Snivy and Oshawott and began to observe both of them. "Oshawott and Snivy are both reliable Pokémon. But I've already decided who I want." Kyoya stated. "Who is it?" Golen impatiently thought. Both Oshawott and Snivy calmly looked at Kyoya who finally was going to make his decision. "Oshawott, today is the day that we begin our path to the Championship." Kyoya confidently replied. "Oshawott." Oshawott said, almost expecting itself to be the one chosen. Snivy looked on slightly annoyed with the decision but instead chose to go to sleep as Kyoya recalled Oshawott. "He chose Oshawott, huh?" Golen eagerly stated. "Also here are all your Pokédexes." Professor Juniper called out as she handed one out to each of the three new trainers. "I'm sure you will all achieve your dreams and make your families proud." said Professor Juniper confident in their potential. "Yeah." replied all three of the new trainers. As they all departed, Golen came up to Kyoya. "What do you want?" asked Kyoya barely interested in talking to Golen. "I want to battle you." replied Golen. "Why would I battle someone like you who has no Pokémon?" asked Kyoya. "Don't you want to prove yourself as a Trainer?" asked Golen. "I can't prove myself against someone who I have nothing to prove to." replied Kyoya. "What?" said a furious Golen. "If you really want to battle then I'll meet you in Floccesy Town in 10 days." said Kyoya while walking away. "10 days huh? This is going to be an interesting battle for sure." said Golen overjoyed at this new development. Elsewhere in a forest a horde of Pokémon including Pidoves, Sentrets and Rattatas began to run away as a lightning bolt dropped and caused destruction. The trees collapsed, the area was slightly devastated and the electricity ran wild all over the area. In the wake of the destruction a shadowy silhouette appeared in the shadows. Without any warning it shot out one more bolt of electricity as the electric waves wildly danced into the sky.

Conclusion: Golen's journey has already begun and he finds himself with a new Rival. What kind of Pokémon and battles await him?

Major Events (6/13/13): Golen begins his Pokémon journey but refuses to choose a starter Pokémon.
    Golen meets Carly and Kyoya who choose Tepig and Oshawott as their starters respectively.

Characters:
    Golen (debut)
    Carly (debut)
    Kyoya (debut)
    Amy (debut)
    Emma (debut)
    Professor Juniper (debut)

Pokémon:
    Snivy (Professor Juniper's, debut)
    Tepig (Carly's, debut)
    Oshawott (Kyoya's, debut)
    Pidove (multiple, debut)
    Sentret (multiple, debut)
    Rattata (multiple, debut)
    Unnamed Electric Pokémon

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Hey, If I remember correctly, as part of the rules, 'Your First Post Must Contain Part of Your Story', so I would add something if I were you. Just sayin'.

Bay

Years
  • Hi, and welcome to the fanfic section! It's always great to see new faces here. :) So, there are a few things I want to address.

Along with that there will be links to my chapters from another site, where those of you who are eager to review can do so and leave me feedback.

One of the fanfic rules is you shouldn't link the chapters from another site. While I get you want to get the word out of your story in several sites, it's still considered advertising. Linking the chapters you posted here is okay as that's fairly common here and in other forums for better accessibility. Hope that makes sense!

Another thing I noticed is you have a huge block of text. I'm not sure if you wrote the story here or in a writing program like Google Docs or Word. If it's the former, I would advise saving your work first before posting so that you look at it later and fix any mistakes you did. If you don't have a writing program, Google Docs is free and online if you have a google account and the writing resources thread has a few other suggested writing programs!

The best way to have your story more readable is to break it into paragraphs. The two instances when you have a new paragraph are when there's a new speaker and when you have a new idea. I'll give a couple examples.

"Hey wake up!" shouted the angry red headed blue-eyed lady. She was wearing a casual attire consisting of a designed white top and black pants. Her beauty was matched only by her aggressive persona. "What?" said the sleepy black haired boy, his gold colored eyes were barely open. "Hey Golen! Have you already forgotten what today is!?" she screamed. "It's June 13th why are you asking?" said Golen, barely awake. "Today is the day you start your journey, Golen." said an old lady in a calm sweet voice. Her hair was a grayish black and her eyes were a pale green. Her attire consisted of a cream robe and white pants. "Amy, you really need to stop being so harsh to your brother." said the old lady. "But Grandma Emma, you know how careless he is. If I didn't wake him up he wouldn't have gotten his starter Pokémon." said Amy.

In this part you have three characters speaking: Grandma Emma, Any, and Golen. However it's hard to keep track because you have their dialogue in one huge block of text. This is one way you can separate that bit into different paragraphs:

"Hey wake up!" shouted the angry red headed blue-eyed lady. She was wearing a casual attire consisting of a designed white top and black pants. Her beauty was matched only by her aggressive persona.

"What?" said the sleepy black haired boy, his gold colored eyes were barely open.

"Hey Golen! Have you already forgotten what today is!?" she screamed.

"It's June 13th why are you asking?" said Golen, barely awake.

"Today is the day you start your journey, Golen." said an old lady in a calm sweet voice. Her hair was a grayish black and her eyes were a pale green. Her attire consisted of a cream robe and white pants. "Amy, you really need to stop being so harsh to your brother." said the old lady.

"But Grandma Emma, you know how careless he is. If I didn't wake him up he wouldn't have gotten his starter Pokémon." said Amy.

See how in each paragraph someone different is speaking? It's much more easier to follow.

As he continued to walk he arrived at Professor Juniper's Aspertia City office. "This is the place." said Golen as he opened the door. "Hey is Professor Juniper here!" he shouted. As he looked in he saw three people. The first was a dark blue-haired young man. His eyes were a dark blue color and his attire consisted of a purple blazer with a black undershirt, dark grey pants and black, white bottomed shoes. He also sported multiple accessories including a silver pendant and 3 black rings. The second person was a beautiful green haired young girl. Her eyes were a dark brown color and her hair was tied in a ponytail and her attire consisted of a light pink sleeveless blouse with a short black skirt and long black boots. Her accessories consisted of a white scarf, light silver bracelets and two pink clips in her hair. The final one was the only of the faces that Golen recognized. The third figure was a tall woman, with light brown hair and light green eyes. Her attire consisted of a white lab coat with a white undershirt and a green skirt. Golen recognized her as Professor Juniper the famous researcher. "Hello. You must be Golen, Ms. Emma's grandson." said Professor Juniper. "Yeah and you must be Professor Juniper but who are those guys?" Golen asked while pointing at the young man with blue hair and a young girl with green hair.

For this part I'll give an example of separating paragraphs during narrative and dialogue.

As he continued to walk he arrived at Professor Juniper's Aspertia City office. "This is the place." said Golen as he opened the door. "Hey is Professor Juniper here!" he shouted.

As he looked in he saw three people. The first was a dark blue-haired young man. His eyes were a dark blue color and his attire consisted of a purple blazer with a black undershirt, dark grey pants and black, white bottomed shoes. He also sported multiple accessories including a silver pendant and 3 black rings. The second person was a beautiful green haired young girl. Her eyes were a dark brown color and her hair was tied in a ponytail and her attire consisted of a light pink sleeveless blouse with a short black skirt and long black boots. Her accessories consisted of a white scarf, light silver bracelets and two pink clips in her hair. The final one was the only of the faces that Golen recognized. The third figure was a tall woman, with light brown hair and light green eyes. Her attire consisted of a white lab coat with a white undershirt and a green skirt. Golen recognized her as Professor Juniper the famous researcher.

"Hello. You must be Golen, Ms. Emma's grandson." said Professor Juniper.

"Yeah and you must be Professor Juniper but who are those guys?" Golen asked while pointing at the young man with blue hair and a young girl with green hair.

I first have Golen's dialogue in one paragraph and then him noticing three other people in another paragraph. After that Professor Juniper and Golen's dialogue in another two paragraphs.

I hope this gives you a better idea on how to do paragraphs! I understand those can get tricky, so I would check out some fics here and also published stories to get an idea how paragraphs are often formatted.

Before I go, a couple quick thoughts on the chapter itself. Golen and Amy's bickering I felt dragged a bit. I get some siblings' relationships can be like that, but a shorter dialogue between them would make the story's pacing go a bit faster.

I admit to being surprised Golen is going to try to catch a Pokemon on his own. I'm skeptical about this as starters are given to trainers to make a trainer's journey a little easier. Guess we'll see if he'll be able to accomplish that.

I would highly recommend editing Chapter One first and breaking it down into separate paragraphs first before posting Chapter Two. That way, other readers won't be confused with the huge block of text. If you need further help before/after fixing Chapter One let me know and I'll do my best! I wish you luck on this!

Years
  • Thanks for the information Bay Alexison. :)

Can I still put up an index with links to the Chapters? Arc 1 consists of 28 chapters and the later chapters are much longer than this first chapter was so I was wondering if I could do so to make it easier for the readers to navigate through each chapter.

On what kind of system I wrote it on, I used Word Document to originally write it but I copied this chapter from another site since it was the only available one for me.

The main reason for the large amounts of text stem from the fact that I usually divide events in the chapter by what happens, like in this Chapter the first part was dedicated to Golen's departure while the second was dedicated to his meeting of Professor Juniper and the other trainers.

Yeah, you're right that does seem easier. I'll take your advice and look up some of the other stories for more help.

Though since the later Chapters on average are at least around 5,000 words I was wondering if I could include horizantal lines to separate the text in future Chapters. I do agree that the above separation that you showed me is easier to read but I feel it could get a bit messy to have too many shorter paragraphs in the longer Chapters.

Thanks for the feedback, it probably felt like it dragged because there wasn't much depth besides siblings arguing. I try to make the most out of all aspects in the story, including things that may seem pointless at first, for future references and foreshadowing of later events. I first wrote this Chapter about 2 years ago around the time that I started writing fanfiction, so I wasn't as good at portraying things as I should have been.

It'll definitely be tough, overall Golen's a tricky one, he could have easily just taken the Pokemon but his own desire to prove himself makes him a bit reckless and he either openly or subconsciously chooses the more challenging road due to that strong desire.

I understand, I didn't plan on releasing Chapter 2 soon anyways so I'll make sure to get a better grasp on this forum before I do post it. xD I'll make sure to ask more questions if I need help.

Bay

Years
  • Thanks for the information Bay Alexison. :)

No problem! This is why I'm here. :P

Can I still put up an index with links to the Chapters? Arc 1 consists of 28 chapters and the later chapters are much longer than this first chapter was so I was wondering if I could do so to make it easier for the readers to navigate through each chapter.

You can as long as the links are chapters posted here! Links from FFnet or any other sites are not allowed.

On what kind of system I wrote it on, I used Word Document to originally write it but I copied this chapter from another site since it was the only available one for me.

All right, thanks for letting me know!

The main reason for the large amounts of text stem from the fact that I usually divide events in the chapter by what happens, like in this Chapter the first part was dedicated to Golen's departure while the second was dedicated to his meeting of Professor Juniper and the other trainers.

Yeah I got the the scenes you're going for. Hm, usually when there's a new scene/setting a lot of people use some kind of scene divider like xxx or ~~~ or ---. Having the story in paragraphs and a scene divider usually makes it for easier reading.

Yeah, you're right that does seem easier. I'll take your advice and look up some of the other stories for more help.

Though since the later Chapters on average are at least around 5,000 words I was wondering if I could include horizantal lines to separate the text in future Chapters. I do agree that the above separation that you showed me is easier to read but I feel it could get a bit messy to have too many shorter paragraphs in the longer Chapters.

I'm not sure what you meant by horizontal lines. You mean after each line of text?

If you're worried about shorter paragraphs, here's a couple suggestions.

1)You can always combine shorter paragraphs into a longer one as long as the main idea connects together. However, when it comes to dialogue you still need to separate them by paragraphs when a new person speaks.

2) If you feel you have a bit too much dialogue going on, you can always cut out some.

I wouldn't worry too much about length, to be honest. I have one friend in another forum and his stories tend to be in the 10,000 word count. XD; Another friend I'm helping her fic with also has her chapters around the 6,000 to 7,000 word count. But yeah, I still highly suggest separating paragraphs the best way to go.

Thanks for the feedback, it probably felt like it dragged because there wasn't much depth besides siblings arguing. I try to make the most out of all aspects in the story, including things that may seem pointless at first, for future references and foreshadowing of later events. I first wrote this Chapter about 2 years ago around the time that I started writing fanfiction, so I wasn't as good at portraying things as I should have been.

No problem! Don't worry, when I first started writing several years ago there were many things I wasn't able to portray right as well.

It'll definitely be tough, overall Golen's a tricky one, he could have easily just taken the Pokemon but his own desire to prove himself makes him a bit reckless and he either openly or subconsciously chooses the more challenging road due to that strong desire.

I understand, I didn't plan on releasing Chapter 2 soon anyways so I'll make sure to get a better grasp on this forum before I do post it. xD I'll make sure to ask more questions if I need help.

Heh, sometimes characters have a mind of their own. XD

And all righty then! Any more questions you can PM/VM me!

Years
  • You can as long as the links are chapters posted here! Links from FFnet or any other sites are not allowed.

Understood! This is gonna be a long story so I was nervous on what exactly to do when transitioning it from one site to another because of the challenges of writing multiple fics, checking them over, editing them all and real life activities interfering in progress but since I'm starting to get a grip on how to do it on here I'll make sure to be less messy with the transitions. :)

Yeah I got the the scenes you're going for. Hm, usually when there's a new scene/setting a lot of people use some kind of scene divider like xxx or ~~~ or ---. Having the story in paragraphs and a scene divider usually makes it for easier reading.

I'm not sure what you meant by horizontal lines. You mean after each line of text?

Oh yeah I meant scene dividers, I was trying to remember that to describe what I wanted to put between paragraphs but I can't believe I forgot it. xD

If you're worried about shorter paragraphs, here's a couple suggestions.

1)You can always combine shorter paragraphs into a longer one as long as the main idea connects together. However, when it comes to dialogue you still need to separate them by paragraphs when a new person speaks.

2) If you feel you have a bit too much dialogue going on, you can always cut out some.

I wouldn't worry too much about length, to be honest. I have one friend in another forum and his stories tend to be in the 10,000 word count. XD; Another friend I'm helping her fic with also has her chapters around the 6,000 to 7,000 word count. But yeah, I still highly suggest separating paragraphs the best way to go.

Thanks for the suggestions! I usually only worry on length since sometimes I know how impatient readers would get and while I try to please casual readers with depth in story I usually aim to mostly please readers who are into long tales.

No problem! Don't worry, when I first started writing several years ago there were many things I wasn't able to portray right as well.

Heh, sometimes characters have a mind of their own. XD

And all righty then! Any more questions you can PM/VM me!
    In my case I kind of learned from my own mistakes because back when I started I used to lack in patience to read fanfictions myself so through my own rookie mistakes I learned to get a better grasp at storytelling,

With the dialogue in this story I try to convey a feeling that the characters are real people because sometimes I feel in some forms of literature that characters are too one dimensional or lack realistic views so I personally think of the situation they're in based on the personality of characters in the scene, take into account most possible options and reflect the possibilities through the characters and try my best to give off a layered perspective on the situation so that readers can better relate to what's happening.

Will do and once again thanks for the help. :D

Years
  • Alright, I edited the opening post and added scene dividers to make it easier to read through the text.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Pokémon Go!

Chapter 2: Capture Mayhem! Golen vs. the Hard Headed Emolga

Narration: After an unexpected start on his first day as a trainer Golen now finds himself looking for his own starter Pokémon. What kind of partner awaits him?

"I've been looking around for a Pokémon for hours." said Golen as he walked down Route 19. It was a luscious route. It consisted of a natural avenue of trees and healthy grass patches. Along the trees and grass patches there was a beautiful lake that was even more so with the sun's light reflecting off the clear blue surface of the lake. The breeze in the air was also quite warm especially during the summer time. "I should have expected this." Golen said to himself. "This Route isn't exactly known for having the rarest Pokémon, though the scenery is still nice I guess." He added along. Suddenly there was a rustling sound in the grass. "Huh what is that?" Golen asked as he started to approach the grass patch. Suddenly a group of chipmunk and cat like Pokémon had popped out of the patch. "Wait a minute. That's a group of Patrats and Purrloins." Golen said in a disappointed voice. "Here I was hoping for some cool strong looking Pokémon but instead I end up meeting with 2 of the weakest Pokémon in the entire region. What a letdown." Golen complained as he pulled out his golden colored Pokédex to scan them. Patrat the Scout Pokémon Extremely cautious, one of them will always be on the lookout, but it won't notice a foe coming from behind. Purrloin the Devious Pokémon Their cute act is a ruse. They trick people and steal their valuables just to see the looks on their faces. "They don't sound like much." Golen said as the group of Pokémon had looked at him. "Hey you guys don't have to glare at me like that. It's not my fault you guys are so lame." said Golen. In anger at Golen's comments the Pokémon cried out as if they were calling out for their allies. Suddenly groups of Watchogs and Liepards had shown up in response to the cries of their pre-evolutions. "Huh those are Watchogs and Liepards? Better check these guys out." Golen said as he pulled out his Pokédex once more. Watchog the Scout Pokémon and the evolved form of Patrat, Using luminescent matter, it makes its eyes and body glow and stuns attacking opponents. Liepard the Cruel and the evolved form of Purrloin, Their beautiful form comes from the muscles they have developed. They run silently in the night. "Liepard." growled the angry Liepards. "Wow the evolved forms, this would be kinda cool if it was someone more impressive." Golen mockingly replied as he started to purposely provoke the angry Pokémon. "Watchog, Watchog, hog." screamed one Watchog as it commanded the others to chase Golen. "Oh man." Golen said as he started to run. "Alright. go Pokéball!" shouted a green haired girl as she caught a Slowpoke. "Look out!" screamed a voice. As the girl turned she saw that it was none other than Golen. "Golen?" said the lass. "Carly?" Golen shouted as he continued to run. "Oh no." she replied as she started to run as well.

"Hey Golen, what in the world did you do to these Pokémon?" Carly shouted to him. "Well I may have sort of called them weak." Golen embarrassingly said. "You really are a loud mouth." she replied to him as she brought out a Pokéball. "Go Tepig!" she shouted. "Tepig." said the Fire Pig Pokémon. "Tepig use Smog!" Carly commanded. "Tepig!" said Tepig as it released a thick grey smoke from its snout. Soon the thick smoke encased the entire area. But suddenly the Watchogs used Flash in response to this but before they knew it the two trainers had already escaped. After a while both of the trainers had arrived in Floccesy Town. "Man that was a close one." said Golen breathing heavily. "We wouldn't have been in that mess if it wasn't for you bad mouthing those Pokémon." Carly said to him. "What's done is done. Anyway we should probably head to the Pokémon Center." said Golen. "Oh that reminds me have you caught a Pokémon yet?" asked a curious Carly. "Uh… well I actually haven't caught anything yet. But that's only because I haven't found anyone worthy to being my first capture." stated a proud Golen. "That sounds like an excuse." said Carly in a slightly mocking tone. "Don't be absurd, I can catch anyone with ease. Besides it's not like you have anything other than that Tepig they gave you." Golen quickly retorted. "I actually have 3 Pokémon already." bragged Carly. "I can show them to you if you want." she added along. "No thanks." Golen said as he walked over to the Pokémon Center, noticeably jealous of Carly's progress in comparison to his own. As soon as he had entered the Center he went over to the Personal Computer section and called his house. After a few rings his sister Amy had answered his call. "Hey sis, I finally made it to Floccesy Town." Golen said to her. "That's nice to hear. Also have you caught any Pokémon yet?" she asked wanting to see some of his new Pokémon. "Well not exactly, to be honest I don't have anyone at all." said Golen while he embarrassingly laughed. "Don't tell me you put on that cool guy act and refused Professor Juniper's starter Pokémon." Amy said to him. "Well you could say I did that. But by the way it's not an act." said Golen confidently. "Hey, I thought I told you not to do things like that." Amy barked at him. Before he could respond to her, Carly had shown up by Golen's side. "You don't need to worry about him. I'll watch over him for you." she said before she quickly shut off the PC. "That sly dog, he didn't catch any Pokémon because he was too busy getting himself a girlfriend." Amy thought to herself after the chat ended. "Wow, thanks a lot for saving me there Carly. My sister would have given me one of her usual speeches if it wasn't for you." said a relieved Golen. "Don't mention it, I really stopped your conversation to tell you about a rumor I heard that might interest you." Carly replied to him. "Really what is it?" asked a curious Golen. "I heard from a Townsperson that for a while now there has been a rebellious violent Pokémon that has been attacking a lot of trainers and Pokémon that came to this town. I've also heard that any trainers that came to this town all ended up with their Pokémon getting really injured. The attacks have been random so no one really knows where to find this Pokémon. " Carly said. "If anything I think it's wise if we leave this town before we end up getting hurt by that Pokémon." she added along noticeably worried. "You're right I should go look for this thing." Golen said. "I didn't even say that." Carly replied. "What? I can't here you. I'm off to go get that strong Pokémon." said Golen, who was already walking off. "Uh wait for me." Carly called out as she went to catch up to him. "Do you even know where you are going?" she asked after catching up with Golen. "Of course I do, besides it's natural for a strong trainer to end up finding a strong Pokémon regardless." Golen brashly stated. "Are you sure you're as good as you say you are? Since honestly you sound like you're all talk to me." Carly stated doubting Golen's ability. "Trust me after you see me in action you'll see that what I'm telling you is true. Besides we should focus more on finding that strong Pokémon instead of you criticizing my talent." Golen said slightly annoyed at Carly's disbelief in his strength. "We should probably ask some of the townspeople for advice on where to find this troublesome Pokémon." Carly replied. "Alright you do that and I'll just rely on my instinct." Golen stated. "Instinct? He's just being arrogant again." Carly thought in her mind as they split up to search the town.

After several minutes the two trainers had met up with each other in front of the Pokémon Center to talk about their new information. "Man that was a waste of time. I didn't learn anything useful from anyone." said an upset Golen. "How did things go with you?" he asked. "Well I actually had a lot of luck. I found out from a nice old man that most of these attacks have been reported around the Floccesy Ranch." Carly replied. "Floccesy Ranch, huh. Well let's get going." Golen said slightly excited. Both trainers then went off to the Floccesy Ranch. After a while they had arrived to their destination. The Floccesy Ranch looked like a typical ranch. It was a beautiful grassland adjacent of a clear blue river and in the distance was a small forest and surrounding the area was a large fence. Somewhere in the grassland there was also a nice small ranch house. It was a tan color and its roof was a light reddish orange color. Along with the house there was also a garage, a barnyard and windmill that had similar color schemes to the house. "Hey is anyone here!?" shouted Golen as they entered the Ranch. "You shouldn't barge in so recklessly, Golen." Carly told him. "Stop being such a buzz kill." he replied back. Suddenly a herd of yellow sheep Pokémon had emerged from the barnyard. Each of them had fluffy cream wools engulfing their body and had bright orange bulbs on their tails that all glowed simultaneously. "What are those Pokémon?" Carly asked as she pulled out her light green Pokédex. Mareep the Wool Pokémon. When cold weather increases static electricity, its wool doubles in size and the tip of its tail glows slightly. "These little guys sure look awesome." said Golen. "I should catch one." he added along as he pulled out a Pokéball. "Don't you even think about it." shouted a distant voice. Out of the house emerged a brown haired lady, her attire consisted of a stripped light and dark blue shirt under her light green apron and brown pants. The lady had held a shot gun and was accompanied with a Stoutland. "I've had enough with delinquents coming in here and trying to steal my Pokémon." she said. "Wait you don't understand." said Carly before being cut off by Golen. "I'll handle this Carly. As soon as she sees my Pokédex she'll know we mean her no harm." he stated as he looked into his pockets. Before he could pull anything out the lady had shot at him. Luckily Golen had dodged the bullet as he proceeded to shout "What's wrong with you!" As soon as she prepared a second shot Carly intervened and showed the lady her Trainer ID. "You see we're both Pokémon Trainers miss, I'm sorry for my rude assistant's actions, he gets too energized sometimes." Carly stated trying to clear the confusion. "Oh I'm so sorry for that misunderstanding." the lady apologized as she bowed to them. "No problem, though you shouldn't be so hasty in shooting bullets at anyone who comes to your ranch." Golen said. "Oh these aren't bullets they are just tranquilizers and also I'm sorry for that, this troublesome Pokémon has caused a lot of trouble for the past few weeks." the Ranch lady said to them. "I see. Well we came here specifically because of that savage Pokémon." Carly replied. "Oh well would you like to come in to discuss this?" the lady asked. "Okay I guess, as long as you don't try to shoot me again." Golen said as they all walked into the ranch house. The three had all sat down at a table and started to talk about the troublesome Pokémon. "I'm Ellie the owner of this ranch. I usually run the ranch with my husband but he went away a while ago to visit his family. So I've been running it alone." said Ellie. "I see and when exactly did this savage Pokémon start attacking your ranch?" Carly quickly asked. Ellie then described the rumors to both the young trainers. "A few weeks ago, there was a reported attack on a group of trainers that started their journeys. All of their Pokémon were injured pretty badly and even the trainers were hurt. The trainers said that they were assaulted by a powerful electric attack. Them and their Pokémon all ended up with some bad cases of paralysis and were hospitalized for a while. We had hoped that it was a one-time incident but then more and more reports started coming in all sounding similar to the first incident. People believe that the cause of these assaults were from legendary Pokémon like Thundurus and Zekrom who were passing they're judgment on us but I believe it might have something to do with some thugs attacking people just for their own amusement." the conclusion of her story was followed by a strange silence. "Then after a while those attacks started to recur around here. The ranch's Pokémon were usually attacked around the night and were usually paralyzed. A lot of people have come into the farm and tried to stop whoever caused this trouble but they all failed. I even tried a lot of times too but I had no luck." Ellie added along. "So if your story is right then that dangerous Pokémon might very well be in this ranch as we speak?" Carly asked. "That's right." Ellie answered. "Then let's go catch that Pokémon." Golen quickly stated. "How do you plan on handling a Pokémon that dangerous?" Ellie asked the anxious youth. "I don't know but if I don't try then that Pokémon will most likely jeopardize your ranch and the safety of the entire town." said a confident Golen. "I understand that you want to stop this thing but you don't even have any Pokémon yet. Going to stop a Pokémon like that is suicide." said Carly. "I'd rather die trying then leaving this behind and living as a coward." Golen proudly stated as Carly looked at him almost speechless. "There's no helping it then. I'll help you find this troublemaker." said Ellie. "Thanks a lot." said Golen. "I'll set up some sleeping bags in the guest room so you can rest up. Things will be a lot easier if you go search in the morning." Ellie replied as she walked out the room.

After a few hours everyone had fallen asleep with the exception of Golen. "I can't just stand by and let that thing run wild." he thought in his head. He had soon put on his clothes and walked out the guest room. Unknown to him Carly was also awake and saw him depart. The young trainer's first destination was the barns where the Pokémon were held. "Wow this is amazing. They've got Milktanks, Mareeps, Flaafys, Eevees and a bunch of other Pokémon. Why would any Pokémon want to ruin a paradise like this? It's probably a Pikachu, those things are nothing but trouble." Golen thought to himself. Before he could continue to admire the Pokémon there was a massive crash outside. "What in the world?" Golen said as he walked out to see a massive Thunder in the forest. "Finally." he shouted as he ran to that direction. As he ran into the forest multiple Pokémon were running away from the direction of the Thunder. The Pokémon included Patrats, Pidoves, Mareeps and Lillipups. Golen looked on angrily as he continued to run. "Zekrom, Thundurus, Tyranitar, Hydreigon or a no good Pikachu, those are some of the only Pokémon I can think of that are that dangerous." Golen continued to think as he finally reached the area where the Thunder came from. He suddenly saw a group of Pokémon attacking something. The group of Pokémon consisted of a Riolu, 3 Herdiers and 2 Audinos. The Riolu's foot was engulfed in flames as it used Blaze Kick, the Herdiers were surrounded by golden force fields as they used Take Down and the Audino was covered in electricity as it used Thunderbolt. Despite their barrage of attacks they were all over powered by a strong Thunder attack. Before he noticed it Golen saw that all the Pokémon were swiftly defeated as he soon began to look at the perpetrator he was shocked to see who it was. The Pokémon who had pummeled all the trainers and injured so many was none other than an Emolga. "The one behind this all was an Emolga? Why in the world would an Emolga do all of this and how did it have the strength to cause so much trouble?" thought a shocked Golen as he attempted to pull out his Pokédex. "Oh man I left my Pokédex back in the house!" he shouted. "Emolga." roared Emolga as it unleashed a powerful Thunder. "Ahh!" screamed Golen he was struck with the move. "Emolga stop doing this. It's not right." he pleaded to it. Angered, Emolga's tail was then engulfed with a bright light before it turned into steel and it unleashed an Iron Tail. Unlike before Golen was able to dodge this strike as he proceeded to grab Emolga. "Hey Emolga stop this. Whatever is wrong with you doing this won't help anyone!" Golen shouted. Before he said anything else Emolga unleashed one more Thunder attack. "Ahhh!" Golen screamed as he was shocked again, as he endured Emolga's attack he soon opened his eyes and looked straight into Emolga's eyes noticing something about it. But Emolga soon proceeded to escape his grasp with an Iron Tail. Enraged Emolga attempted one more attack before it was struck down by a wind of strong flames. "Ms. Ellie and Carly!" Golen shouted. "I knew you were too impatient to resist looking for the savage Pokémon." said Carly. "So where's the trouble making Pokémon?" asked Ellie. "It's right there." Golen said as he pointed at Emolga. "Seriously?" Carly asked in disbelief as she pulled out her Pokédex. Emolga the Sky Squirrel Pokémon, It glides on its outstretched membrane while shocking foes with the electricity stored in the pouches on its cheeks. "Wait a minute that Emolga is a different color." Carly quickly noticed. "Why would such a rare Pokémon like that be causing so many problems?" Ellie asked. "It's in pain." Golen said still injured from the Thunder attacks. "Golen just stay down. You're in no condition to continue." said a concerned Carly. "No way, that Emolga I need to stop it no matter what." Golen said as he got up before quickly falling down. "Golen! Alright Slowpoke, I choose you!" a visibly upset Carly shouted. "Slowpoke." said Slowpoke as it emerged out of its Pokéball. "Tepig use Heat Wave and Slowpoke use Water Gun!" Carly shouted as a ball of fire emerged from Tepig's snout and it shot out a wind of strong flames while Slowpoke released a stream of water from its mouth. Emolga soon retaliated by using Thunder which quickly overpowers both moves and caused an explosion. "Stoutland use Hyper Beam!" shouted Ellie as Stoutland proceeded to formed a white orb of energy with a pale pink core and then shot out a pale pink beam encased in a bright white energy. Emolga went on to not only dodge the attack but strike down all 3 Pokémon with continuous Iron Tails. All three of the Pokémon were injured badly. "Emolga!" shouted Emolga as it shot out another Thunder. Suddenly Golen grabbed Emolga from behind. Emolga had attempted to shock him once again before noticing it had no effect. "Nice try Emolga but that won't work gain. Especially not with these rubber gloves." said Golen as they finally stopped Emolga's rampage. Unwilling to accept its defeat it continued to fight biting Golen's arm and attacking with an Iron Tail, it managed to free itself. But almost instantly Emolga was engulfed in a cage. "What?" said a confused Golen as he saw a crowd of townspeople suddenly gather. "We finally caught the trouble making Emolga." said the brown hooded old man. "You're the old man who told me about this ranch." said Carly. "That's right. I knew you and your friend would probably try to catch the Pokémon so I told you about it so you two would handle it." said the snickering old man as he carried Emolga's cage and left along with the rest of the crowd. "What a lazy old man. Relying on kids to handle serious manners like this." said Carly as she recalled her Pokémon and helped Golen stand back on his feet. "It's hurt." muttered Golen. "What do you mean? Look at how you are. If anything you're the one who's hurt." said Ellie. "My physical wounds are nothing compared to the mental wounds that Emolga has suffered." he replied. "How do you know that?" Carly asked the injured trainer. "When I looked into its eyes all I saw was emptiness." he stated. "Why would you believe that?" Ellie asked. "I don't know. It's just somehow while I was being shocked I felt its pain. All the rage and anger, it almost felt like Emolga's heart was void of any real happiness or emotion." he replied with a serious tone. "Golen." Carly said shocked at his sudden change in attitude. "I have to save Emolga." he shouted as he started to run after the crowd noticeably still limping. "That guy never gives up does he?" Ellie asked Carly. "I've only know him for a while but that guy really is kinda inspirational." Carly stated as she looked on.

Back at the town the crowd had gathered around the Pokémon Center. "This thing is finally going to pay for all the trouble it caused!" shouted the old man as the crowd cheered in agreement. Emolga continued to try and break out of the cage but its Electric attacks were unable to break through the cage. "You really think that we would be foolish enough to not make an electric proof cage after all the trouble you made." said the old man as he proceeded to laugh as he soon called out a Magnet Pokémon that sported three identical heads. "Alright Magneton it's time to teach this troublemaker a lesson. Zap Cannon!" said the old man as the Magnet Pokémon formed a ring of electricity around its magnet tips and proceeded to form the electricity into a yellow orb with a blue core. The orb was shot at Emolga who was unable to defend itself because of its confinement. The attack not only destroyed the cage but it also badly hurt Emolga. "Continue to use Zap Cannon." said the merciless old man. One after another the barrage of Zap Cannons continued to pelt Emolga who was unable to do anything other than endure the onslaught. "Emolga, I'm sending you back to whatever Hell you came from." said the old man who intended to finish it as the crowd looked on unwilling to stop the assault. The last Zap Cannon was shot with so much force that it made all the previous ones seem insignificant by comparison. As the dust cleared Emolga was gone. Confused the crowd looked around to see where it was until they noticed that Emolga was flying away. "Like I'll let that happen. Magneton use Magnet Bomb!" the old man shouted noticeably angry as Magneton's body was surrounded by sparks of light blue electricity. Its magnets then flashed a light blue color as it fired multiple light blue orbs of energy from them at Emolga. Trying to avoid the move Emolga's paralysis had finally kicked in and stopped it in its own tracks. As the light blue orbs collided into Emolga it fell from the sky. "Emolga!" shouted Golen as he managed to catch it before it hit the floor. "Stop this already!" Golen shouted angered by the crowd's actions. "Get out of the way boy. That Emolga is a demon it has to be exterminated." shouted the old man. "You're wrong. There is no such thing as an evil Pokémon. This Emolga was innocent." Golen stated trying to persuade the crowd to cease their actions. "No way is that thing innocent. Look at all the people and Pokémon it hurt." a green shirted man shouted. "That doesn't sound like an innocent Pokémon." shouted another man. "That thing is nothing but a burden to everything it encounters." said the old man. "Emolga isn't a burden. Even if it was a burden I'll shoulder that burden no matter what. Instead of attacking it you all should have tried to understand Emolga's feelings instead of labeling it with titles like demon and burden. Things like that make me so angry. You people who claim he is a monster for attacking trainers yet you all gather together to attack him and make a celebration out of Emolga's suffering!" Golen shouted in anger at the crowd who all started to have doubts on their actions. "Enough of this, Magneton use Hyper Beam!" the old man shouted as Magneton formed a white spear of energy with a pale pink center. But before it could unleash the attack Magneton was hit by what seemed to be a stream of water, a wind of flames and a white and pale pink energy beam. "Carly and Ms. Ellie!" shouted a joyful Golen as the two ladies came out of Ellie's car. "You people should be ashamed of yourselves!" Carly shouted as her Tepig and Slowpoke nodded in agreement. "What Golen said was true. In fact you should all take a look at this tape." said Ellie as she showed everyone a surveillance clip. The clip showed Emolga arriving in the Floccesy Ranch before being attacked by the startled ranch Pokémon before the clip ended with Emolga attacking with Thunder. "You see this. Emolga only attacked the Pokémon at the ranch because it retaliated from them attacking first." Carly told the crowd. "From Emolga's reaction to Humans it's easy to tell that it only attacked the trainers who came to town because they tried to attack it in an attempt to capture it. So not wanting to be harmed by Humans it fled to the Ranch but its anger only grew when it was attacked by the Pokémon so it decided to attack everything just to avoid being hurt anymore." said Ellie. "It was already hurt physically and mentally beforehand so I'll assume it was probably chased down by hunters before it arrived here." Golen added along. After hearing their explanations the crowds' expressions were filled with guilt and anger at themselves. "No way, we can't let that thing continue to roam free!" shouted the old man who prepared to attack again. "Emo-lga!" shouted Emolga as it charged its Iron Tail, it then slapped away the old man.

"Stop Emolga!" shouted Golen as the Sky Squirrel Pokémon looked on at him. "I'm catching you Emolga." He proclaimed as Emolga was just irritated at his statement. Golen soon took out a Pokéball and proceeded to throw it at Emolga who quickly retaliated by destroying the ball with Iron Tail. "You still got a lot of fight, huh." Golen stated as he prepared to catch him. First he threw his weekly addition of the Castelia City Journal which Emolga swiftly dodged as Golen proceeded to catch him in the air wearing his rubber gloves. Still irritated Emolga unleashed one last Thunder attack which lite up the entire area. The glow of the Thunder was as radiant as a star in the clear night sky. "You're not getting me this time!" Golen shouted as he pressed a Pokéball against Emolga's head. As the red light engulfed it the ball closed again. It began to shake wildly while it also emitted strong electric waves. After a few shakes the Pokéball had glowed signifying that the capture was complete. Carly then went to a beaten and bruised Golen and helped him stand up. "I told you I'd catch a strong Pokémon." he whispered. "Yeah you sure did." she replied as the crowd cheered in joy that the crisis was finally over. "Everyone, I'm sorry for any trouble my Emolga caused you. I'll try to make it up to you all somehow." Golen said as he bowed to them. "No problem kid. The fact you put an end to its rampage is all we need." said a blue shirted man as the entire crowd dispersed. "I have to thank the two of you for everything. Stopping the rampages and saving that Emolga. If the two of you ever need anything else just come by to the Ranch whenever." Ellie told Golen and Carly. "Thanks a lot Ms. Ellie. But your clip was what really helped us out a lot." said Carly. "Don't forget that I caught Emolga and also don't forget about my amazing persuasive skills." an injured Golen bragged. "Wow, you're so modest." Carly sarcastically replied. "Why thank you." Golen replied with slight arrogance as he fell over. "Hey guys you mind helping me up, this really hurts." Golen said as Carly and Ellie proceeded to laugh. Elsewhere in a dark alley, "I'm sorry, I couldn't retrieve that Emolga. It was captured by some red hooded punk." said the old man who proceeded to remove his face which in turn was revealed to be a mask. "It was captured, huh?" said a feminine voice in the shadows. "Yes ma'am I can show you a picture of the boy if it helps." the brown hooded man said. "No need. As the top agents of our organization retrieving an Electric rodent from a brat is child's play." said a man in the shadows. "We're gonna catch that Emolga no matter what." said a childish voice as all of the people faded away into the shadows.

Narration: Golen has finally caught an Emolga. But what challenges await him and his new partner?

Major Events (6/13/13-6/14/13): Golen captures a Shiny Emolga, while Carly captures a Slowpoke.
    Carly's Tepig is revealed to know Smog and Heat Wave.
    A unnamed organization is introduced.

Characters:
    Golen
    Carly
    Amy
    Ellie (Debut)
    Various townspeople
    Old man
    3 hooded individuals (cameo, debut)

Pokémon:
    Emolga (Golen's, shiny, new)
    Tepig (Carly's)
    Slowpoke (Carly's, new, debut)
    Stoutland (Ellie's, debut)
    Patrat (multiple, debut)
    Purrloin (multiple, debut)
    Watchog (multiple, debut)
    Liepard (multiple, debut)
    Mareep (Ranch's, multiple, debut)
    Milktank (Ranch's, multiple, debut)
    Flaafy (Ranch's, multiple, debut)
    Eevee (Ranch's, multiple, debut)
    Pidove (Ranch's, multiple)
    Lillipup (Ranch's, multiple, debut)
    Zekrom (fantasy, debut)
    Thundurus (fantasy, debut)
    Tyranitar (fantasy, debut)
    Hydreigon (fantasy, debut)
    Pikachu (fantasy, debut)
    Riolu (wild, debut)
    Herdier (x3, wild, debut)
    Audino (x2, wild, debut)
    Magneton (Old man's, debut)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokémon Go!

Chapter 3: Rival Battle! Oshawott Strikes

Narration: Golen has finally found himself with a partner after saving a ferocious Emolga. How will he fare now that the time for his showdown approaches?

"Come on out Emolga!" shouted a bandaged up Golen. "Emolga, it's been three days since I captured you and we haven't really gotten to do anything since we were both healing from that little conflict we had. First things first, we need to properly introduce ourselves. I'll go first, I'm Golen Ken from Aspertia City and my Dream is to conquer the Unova League. Now it's your turn." Golen proudly stated as he gave Emolga the nice guy pose. "Emolga" said Emolga as it turned away from him. "Hey come on Emolga. How are we ever gonna work together if you keep that attitude?" Golen told the proud Sky Squirrel Pokémon. "Emo, Emo-lga, Emolga, molga, Ema." Emolga said as it shouted at its trainer. "Hey I might not know what you are saying but I'm not gonna put up with your attitude." Golen shouted in response. "Emolga." shouted Emolga in return. "It's go time!" Golen shouted as him and Emolga jumped at each other. The two then began to wrestle each other. "Haha try to Thunder yourself out of this." Golen stated as he gave Emolga a noogie. "Emolga." said Emolga as it turned the tide and started to slap its trainer in the face with its tail. They then continued to wrestle in a familiar pattern of noogie and tail slaps. "Good morning!" Carly said as she came in only to see them wrestling each other. "Both of you stop right now." she told both of them. "Oh Carly's here." said Golen before becoming a little embarrassed. "I'm pretty sure that humans shouldn't be fighting their own Pokémon." she said slightly laughing. "Hey he's the one who doesn't want to listen to me." Golen said as he pointed at Emolga who in return stuck its tongue out at him.

"Emolga can you two please stop fighting with each other?" Carly asked as she pet Emolga who did not bother fighting back and actually enjoyed it. "Why do you like her so much?" Golen mumbled under his breath. "Golen, you should really stop goofing off. Don't you remember that you're supposed to be battling someone in a few days?" Carly told him. "Oh yeah, I have to have that battle with Kyoya." Golen said as he suddenly got serious. "I've only met him once and he seemed like an obnoxious jerk when we met but something about that guy just fires me up. I can just tell that he'll be someone that I can really test myself against." he added along. "Hey wait a minute. You met him at the same time as me. So why didn't you challenge me?" Carly asked him. "Uh well you see the thing was. Well… you didn't seem like much of a threat." Golen said while laughing embarrassingly. "You jerk." Carly pouted. "Don't take it too harshly. You can help us train for my battle." Golen said. "Train? But Emolga is already really powerful. Why train it?" Carly asked him as she adored Emolga. "When I beat Kyoya I don't want to have beaten him by relying on Emolga's natural skill. If anything I'll feel terrible if I do win like that." Golen told her as she continued to adore Emolga. "But isn't using the natural skills of your Pokémon the main point when it comes to Pokémon battles?" the green-haired lass asked. "That is a main point but the biggest factor that determines the result of those battles is the combination between Trainers and their Pokémon." Golen quickly replied. "I never knew you had this kind of knowledge. I'm impressed." Carly told him as he proceeded to blush in embarrassment. "I always knew all this I just chose to learn from experience. So are you up for the training?" he asked her once again. "Well fine but don't cry if you can't keep up with me." she quickly replied as the two set off to train.

As the two young trainers walked out the ranch house they encountered Ellie who was feeding the Mareep. "What's up you two?" Ellie asked as she continued to feed the Mareep. "Ms. Ellie would you mind if we used the Ranch as a training ground?" Golen asked her. "Well its fine by me. There's a plain field behind the Ranch House. If you need anything I'll be in the Barnyard feeding the Pokémon. Also make sure not to over-do it." she replied as she left to feed the other ranch Pokémon. "Awesome. Let's go Carly!" Golen shouted as they left to the field. They soon arrived to a grass field, the grass had a luscious shade of light green and the air had quite a fresh scent. "This is great. Let's go Carly!" shouted an excited Golen. "Alright, go Tepig!" she shouted in response as the Fire Pig Pokémon emerged from its Pokéball. "We'll go first, Tepig use Heat Wave!" Carly shouted as a ball of fire emerged from Tepig's snout and proceeded to be shot as a wind of flames. "Emolga dodge and use Thunder!" Golen quickly commanded as Emolga instead decided to rush straight into the Heat Wave. "What are you doing!?" Golen shouted as Emolga's tail glowed white and proceeded to turn into steel as it smashed its tail into the Heat Wave. "Iron Tail beat Heat Wave, but it had a type disadvantage. Is Emolga really that strong?" Carly thought, slightly worried of how things were going. "Hey Emolga, I told you to dodge and use Iron Tail not counter with Iron Tail! Golen said to the Sky Squirrel Pokémon who only ignored him. "I'll continue, Tepig use Smog!" Carly commanded as Tepig released a thick grey smoke cloud from its snout. "Emolga let's get this right this time. Use Iron Tail to blow way the Smog!" Golen quickly commanded. Instead of listening to him Emolga quickly smirked as it instead shot out a powerful Thunder which quickly proceeded to blow away the Smog. "No way! What is up with that Emolga?" asked a nervous Carly. "Tepig use Gyro Ball!" Carly commanded once more as the Fire Pig Pokémon started to spin rapidly as it was soon engulfed in a light blue aura and it then started rushing to strike Emolga. "Emolga that attack looks strong. So I want you to counter with Thunder!" Golen commanded before Emolga decided to once again disobey its trainer. Emolga proceeded to glide straight towards Tepig's Gyro Ball, as it rushed it prepared another Iron Tail. As the two moves were about to collide Emolga suddenly started a side roll on the floor as it used Iron Tail to trip Tepig over. Tepig soon began to tumble over as it crashed into Golen. "Ow, Tepig are you okay?" Golen asked before Emolga suddenly prepared another attack.

"No wait, Emolga the practice is over!" Golen shouted in fear as both he and Tepig were struck by Thunder. "Oh no!" Carly shouted rushing over to Golen and Tepig. "Are you okay?" Carly asked concerned for her friend. "I'm okay, it's nothing major. Thanks for being so worried." Golen replied. "Tepig, I was so worried about you." Carly told her Pokémon completely ignoring Golen who then fell over in embarrassment. "Oh yeah, Golen are you okay?" she jokingly asked trying to play off her actions. "I'm just fine. But me and Emolga really have a ways to go." Golen stated disappointed at his lack of improvement while Emolga just looked on indifferently. "Well you still have a few days so let's just do our best until then." Carly told her gloomy friend. "Okay, Emolga let's get stronger together." Golen told Emolga who only looked away. After several hours of intense training Golen and Carly's daily training was finished and both of them had returned to the Ranch house. "Golen, Carly how was your training?" Ellie asked the two as they entered the living room. "It was terrible." Golen sulked. "What happened?" Ellie asked. "We spent the entire day training Emolga to get it ready for Golen's first battle but it wouldn't listen and we barely accomplished anything." Carly replied. "If this goes on then I'm bound to lose to Kyoya in a few days." said a noticeably upset Golen. "Just calm down Golen, Emolga's a hard-headed Pokémon even if it's not cooperating with you now it's sure to open up to you eventually. In Pokémon training patience is a virtue." Ellie told the young trainer. "That's right. I was a fool to try and rush Emolga into accepting me." Golen mumbled to himself. "Thanks Ms. Ellie. I'm off to bed." said the youth as he ran to the guest room. After arriving to the room he quickly changed into a gold colored shirt with black pajama pants and he proceeded to jump into the bed. "I've got five whole days to prepare. Starting tomorrow it's all business." Golen thought to himself as he soon fell asleep. "Alright!" Golen shouted as he woke up. "I know it, from here on out it'll be nothing but real training." he said to himself. "Emolga Go!" he shouted as he called out the Sky Squirrel Pokémon emerged from its Pokéball. "Emo?" Emolga said still a little drowsy.

"Emolga we gotta train for real now. We'll be the strongest duo no doubt. So let's do this." Golen said as he dragged Emolga to continue the training. Despite all the hours attempted at training little results would come out of any of their efforts as Emolga stubbornly refused all of Golen's attempts of training instead doing its own training and completely ignoring its trainer. This cycle would continue for the next five days. "Come on Emolga use Iron Tail on the target! We'll get pulverized if you don't do listen to me." Golen pleaded to his partner who only stubbornly looked away. "Golen really is struggling with Emolga." Ellie said to Carly as the two watched Golen's "training" on the porch. "Emolga's a stubborn one but Golen's pretty stubborn too. Those two will end up on the same page eventually." Carly replied as she petted her Tepig. "You sure are hard-headed, huh. Well we'll have to stop now since you'll need time to heal. So return." Golen said as his Emolga went back into its golden Pokéball. "Hey Golen what are you gonna do now? Emolga is still disobedient and you're obviously not getting through to him." Carly said to the hard headed trainer. "I guess I'll have to hope for the best tomorrow." he replied. "What do you mean?" Ellie quickly asked him. "Well even though I'm a rookie, Kyoya started at the same day as well and from what I know about him the only guy he should have about now is Oshawott." he told the two females. "But who's to say that he didn't get a ton of Pokémon and become really strong?" Carly asked him. "Statistically speaking it's a rarity when a rookie is so gifted in the aspect of Pokémon training. So the odds are that he might as well fall into the typical untalented rookie category." Ellie told her. "Yeah that's true. Also even if he happens to be strong there's only so much he could have done in 10 days. Let's not forget that Emolga also has the type advantage regardless of how disobedient it is." Golen added along.

"But you're speaking like he's certain to pick Oshawott. While your statistics are pretty accurate don't forget that he could easily use anyone other than Oshawott who for all we know could've evolved by now." Carly replied to him. "That's true. But a rookie trainer usually relies on their starter a lot during the early stages of their journey and even if it evolves, Emolga is already at the pinnacle of its evolutionary stage so I'm sure evolution won't be a problem. I'll just have to hope that he didn't progress too much during the last 10 days." Golen told his two friends. "You should probably not think about it too thoroughly. If you put too much thought behind it you'll probably mess up on the day of the battle so just stay calm until tomorrow also sleep well tonight. " Ellie told the two young trainers as they all went to the house to go to bed. "Tomorrow's the day for my first battle. Kyoya…. He'll either be an overconfident weak rookie or a skilled and powerful one instead. No use thinking about it any longer." Golen thought to himself as he fell asleep. "Hey Golen wake up, Wake Up!" Carly shouted to him as he woke up. "What is it?" asked the drowsy trainer. "We need to go over to the Pokémon Center to find Kyoya." she told him. "You're right." he shouted as he began to get dressed. "Well I'll wait for you out front." Carly said as she walked out. "It's finally here, the time to win my first battle." he said to himself as he tightened his glove and quickly left the house. "Golen, good luck on your battle and both of you enjoy the rest of your journeys." Ellie told both the young trainers. "Thanks Ms. Ellie, I'll be sure to win my battle." Golen told her. "Good luck with your farm Ms. Ellie, I'll be sure to visit again." Carly added along as the two trainers left the Floccesy Ranch waving goodbye to their friend who waved back at them.

"Hey Carly, did Kyoya say where we were supposed to meet him?" Golen asked her. "How am I supposed to know? You two big bad men thought you were too cool to tell me about your battle." Carly sulked. "You're still on about that." Golen thought to himself as the two then approached the Pokémon Center. "Maybe if we wait inside he'll show up." Carly asked Golen. "It's worth a shot, I guess." said an unsure Golen as the two proceeded to go into the Center. "Who knows maybe Kyoya was so scared at losing that he ran away from this Town." Golen brashly stated. "Are you sure about that?" said a distant voice. "Huh?" said both the trainers as they looked back. The distant voice was none other than Kyoya. "Kyoya!" shouted an excited Golen. "So you made it after all." Carly added along not very impressed. "Kyoya let's have our battle. I'm ready to beat you!" Golen proclaimed as Kyoya instead started to walk away. "Hey where are you going?" asked Golen who was mad that Kyoya started walking away from him. "Instead of running your mouth how about you shut up and just follow me." Kyoya coldly replied as he continued to walk. "You don't have to be so rude." Carly snapped at him. "This better not be some kind of diversion to make me forget about our battle." Golen added along as the three continued walking. "We're here." Kyoya stated as the trio arrived in front of orange and tan shack. The front of the shack was covered with Pokéball like symbols along with a flame-like pattern. "Where are we?" Golen asked as Kyoya knocked on the door. Suddenly a tall figure had opened the door. His hair was a white and grayish color and the shape of his hair was reminiscent of a Volcarona's wings. His attire consisted of a large poncho, it was a cream color with red and orange stripes and had a black high collar. He also had white pants along with black high top sandals. His most noticeable accessory was his necklace that consisted of six Pokéballs.

"Yo Kyoyo! It's been a while." said the tall figure. "I see you're still the same as you always are, Alder." Kyoya stated in response. "Alder!? You mean the former Unova Champion?" Golen stated in shock. "I heard he lived around here but how do you know him?" Carly asked. "What I've done in the past has nothing to do with you two." Kyoya casually replied. "Hey you don't have to be such a jerk!" Golen angrily shouted at Kyoya who just ignored him to talk to Alder. "Kyoyo what brings you here?" Alder asked. "It's Kyoya and I came here to ask you if you could referee my battle." Kyoya replied to the former Champion. "Referee your battle, huh? I'll be happy to referee." Alder happily stated. "Thank you very much." Kyoya gratefully stated as everyone entered Alder's house. "My first battle is going to be in front of Alder. Man this is exciting." Golen stated being unable to suppress his joy. "The battlefield is out back so the three of you wait in the living room for a bit until I organize everything." Alder stated as he walked out. The three trainers all stuck around in the room which was filled with an awkward silence. "Hey Kyoya, how many badges do you have?" Golen asked in an attempt to converse with his opponent. "That's none of your business." Kyoya replied as he looked away. "Oh come on you can't tell me you're embarrassed to show me how little you've progressed in the last 10 days." Golen mockingly stated at an annoyed Kyoya who then took out a purple badge case and proceeded to show Golen his badges. "You already have 2 badges!?" both Carly and Golen stated in shock. "Yeah I could have had 3 by now if it wasn't for the fact I was busy catching dozens of Pokémon." Kyoya bragged, obviously showing off his skill to the others. "That's impossible, an average rookie at this point can at most have 1 badge and a full team." Carly stated. "You were mistake to have expected for me to be an average rookie. The fact you guys are shocked at me progressing this fast just proves how inferior you guys are in comparison to me." Kyoya arrogantly told the two trainers. "Hey don't go bringing everyone else down just because they aren't rushing through everything as fast as you are!" Golen shouted. "There's no point arguing with you now. I'm already going to embarrass you in our battle. So I'll just let you hold on to that pride of yours for now." Kyoya told him as he walked out front. "The nerve of that guy." Golen mumbled. "Hey look at this." Carly told him as she directed him to a picture of a young Alder which hung over a pile of magazines.

"I see. This issue of Unova Girls Monthly is awesome. I mean look at how amazing the girls here look." Golen replied as he read the magazines. "No not the magazines, I meant the picture." Carly said embarrassed at how into the magazine Golen was. The picture showed a young Alder in front of a tombstone. "What do you think this means?" Carly asked Golen. "I've got no idea." Golen replied. "You're still reading the magazine!" Carly shouted at Golen. "Hehe my bad." Golen laughed slightly embarrassed. "Hey, the battle field is ready!" Alder shouted from the backyard as the two trainers ran outside. "It's nothing fancy but this will be a good, clear battlefield for any first battle." Alder said before he was interrupted by a crew of reporters. "What?" said Golen as the reporters swarmed around Alder. "Mr. Alder, today was the day where we interviewed you for our segment on the Unova Today show." said a reporter. "Oh I forgot about that haha." Alder jokingly laughed. "But sir this interview is really important." replied a female reporter. "You don't have to worry about anything young lady. I'll give you guys an interview but first you guys can film this battle for your segment on the Unova Today as a bonus. Then after that I'll be sure to take you on a date." Alder replied to the reporter. "Great he's a pervert too." Carly sarcastically thought in her mind. "But why? They just look like a bunch of regular kids." said the female reporter. "Trust me, if you film this battle I'm sure you won't be disappointed." said a confident Alder. "You boys won't mind would you?" Alder asked the two young trainers. "Fine by me, embarrassing that weak trainer on TV would be too good an offer to pass up." Kyoya replied.

"Winning my first battle on TV in an impressive way will be sure to spread my reputation throughout the region. So I'm in too." Golen replied. "Awesome, seeing this battle will be a good way to learn more about battling. Come on out Tepig!" Carly shouted as she called out the Fire Pig Pokemon to watch the battle. "Great so it's decided. Golem vs. Kyoyo will be a filmed battle." Alder stated as the two trainers looked on embarrassingly as the former Champion continued to get both their names wrong. "So how many Pokémon will both of you use?" Alder asked. "I'm fine with a full 6 on 6 battle. It would be the perfect warm up for anyone with 2 badges." Kyoya stated. "A full battle huh, Golem will you agree to that?" Alder asked the young trainer. "Well you see. My name is Golen and I actually only have 1 Pokémon and no badges hehe." Golen embarrassingly stated. "I see so like I thought that means you're below an average rookie." Kyoya arrogantly stated much to the annoyance of Golen. "The number of Pokémon and badges mean nothing. The quality of the trainer and Pokémon is what really matters." Golen replied trying to defend himself against the arrogant trainer's insults. "Whatever. Alder we'll have a one-on-one battle then." Kyoya calmly replied. "Alright then this will be a 1 on 1 battle between Kyoyo and Golem, the first Pokémon to be able to knock out the other trainer's Pokémon will be declared the winner. Let the battle begin!" Alder shouted as he waved off the beginning of the match. "Oshawott, I need your help!" Kyoya shouted as he threw his Pokéball from it emerged a white Otter-like Pokémon.

In response Golen pulled out his Pokédex. Oshawott, the Sea Otter Pokémon. The scalchop on its stomach is made from the same element as claws. It detaches the scalchop for use as a blade. "So he is going with Oshawott. In that case Emolga Go!" Golen shouted as the shiny Sky Squirrel Pokémon emerged from its Pokéball. "I know that Emolga." Kyoya thought in his head. "Emolga I know you don't like me but can we at least work together to beat that Oshawott over there? After this you could ignore me for the rest of our journey." Golen said trying to reason with his partner. "That's the Emolga who rampaged around this city wasn't it?" Kyoya quickly asked. "Yeah it was. I managed to catch it a few days ago." Golen replied. "But how do you know it was this Emolga?" he asked. "I bumped into that thing a while back. It tried to attack me but didn't really have much luck." Kyoya brashly stated as Emolga soon recognized him. "Emo" Emolga growled as it seethed in anger at Kyoya. "Why would I even bother attacking you? There's no point in facing a Pokémon who would try this hard to get attention from trainers. If you try to fight me how you are now then you'll never beat me." Those words echoed inside Emolga's heads as it remembered its encounter with Kyoya. "Emolga?" Golen said as Emolga proceeded to rush at Oshawott. "Emo!" shouted Emolga as it prepared an Iron Tail. "Oshawott dodge it!" Kyoya said as the Sea Otter Pokémon effortlessly dodged Emolga's Iron Tail. Enraged Emolga proceeded to shoot a barrage of Iron Tails as Oshawott easily avoided all of Emolga's attacks. "Golen stop Emolga!" Carly shouted at him. "Don't worry Carly, I know what to do." Golen replied. "To be honest Emolga's enraged at something and he's bent on taking out Oshawott. Talking to him right now will be pointless so I might as well observe Oshawott's movements for now." Golen thought to himself.

"Oshawott keep dodging those Iron Tails and strike Emolga with an Aqua Jet!" Kyoya shouted as Oshawott's body was surrounded with a light blue energy and then proceeded to be engulfed in water and shot itself like a rocket towards Emolga. Unwilling to back down Emolga took the attack head on and while briefly holding its ground it was then knocked down by Oshawott's power. "Amazing, Emolga was able to cream me in the training and it even took out all those Pokémon without a problem. Yet Oshawott is able to fight it without any effort, just how strong is this guy?" thought Carly as she continued to watch the battle. "What amazing spirit." Alder thought to himself as he watched. "Oshawott's movements are amazing. Swift and elegant with a noticeably powerful aura is this battle already decided?" shouted a reporter as they continued to film. "Oshawott." Oshawott arrogantly muttered as it looked down on its opponent. "Emo-lga!" Emolga shouted as it shot out a powerful Thunder. "Oshawott use you scalchop to deflect the Thunder into the sky!" Kyoya stated as Oshawott detached its scalchop and used it as a shield against Thunder. "I get it. Oshawott uses it's mobility to dodge Emolga's uncontrollable strikes and then uses it's schalchop as a shield against special attacks. That makes it untouchable." said an amazed Carly as Oshawott proceeded to deflect the Thunder into the sky. "I can't let Emolga waste any more strength. Hey! Emolga stop attacking so violently." Golen shouted at the Sky Squirrel Pokémon who ignored him and rushed at Oshawott again with Iron Tail. "Oshawott dodge it and strike down Emolga with Aqua Jet!" Kyoya shouted as Oshawott dodged Iron Tail and struck down Emolga with a fierce Aqua Jet. "Emolga!" shouted Golen as his partner was struck down. "It was a mistake to rush into this battle with Emolga in its current state. Kyoya is stronger than I thought he would be." thought a worried Golen. "What's wrong? Aren't you and Emolga going to beat me here? You wanted this so bad and now that I gave you a chance to prove yourself you give me that pitiful display. You can't even control your own Pokémon and yet you honestly had the nerve to challenge me. You weakling, someone who's in a pathetic state like this has no business attempting to win a league, it's just idiotic. You'd be better off if you just quit being a trainer in all." Kyoya stated as he berated Golen and Emolga.

"Don't speak like if you know the hardships that people have gone through. Yeah, I might not be a great trainer right now and Emolga doesn't listen to me but for you to completely talk down on us because of our flaws is despicable. I'm going to win the league and defeat the Legendary Trainer of the Unova region. That's my goal and if you honestly think that I'll quit then we'll just pulverize you right here!" Golen angrily shouted at Kyoya as Emolga looked on somewhat shocked. "These guys look intense. I guess Mr. Alder was right." said a happy reporter who continued filming the battle. "Emolga I know you don't like me but I'm begging you, let's just work together here and then you'll never have to listen to me again." Golen pleaded to his Pokémon who looked on slightly shocked. "Emo, Emo." Emolga replied to its trainer while giving off a confident grin. "I get it. You're willing to side with me just to beat those two. Well let's show them our strength!" Golen told his Emolga. "Yeah right, like you two can work together. An incompetent trainer and his weakling Pokémon has no chance surviving in a world of elites." Kyoya arrogantly told the headstrong duo. "Emolga let's thrash those two." Golen confidently told his partner as it nodded in agreement. "Emolga use Iron Tail!" Golen shouted as Emolga's tail was once again flashed with a white light and became iron before it proceeded to swing its tail at Oshawott. "Oshawott use Razor Shell to intercept!" Kyoya shouted as Oshawott detached its scalchop from its belly and the scalchop began to glow before forming a light blue energy blade. The attacks had collided, the force of both moves was quite noticeable and only proved to show how powerful both Pokémon were. "I can't believe Emolga's listening to Golen." thought an astonished Carly. "This is where the real fight begins." Alder stated as he kept watching. "Awesome, Emolga use a back to back Iron Tail Barrage!" Golen shouted as Emolga began to rapidly strike with its Iron Tail. "Tch Oshawott retaliate with an all-out Razor Shell barrage!" Kyoya stated as Oshawott soon began to rapidly strike with its Razor Shell. Back and forth the two moves collided in a matter similar to medieval knights; with unyielding passion both sides gave it their all. Despite the continuous clashes neither side gave in realizing that this was a battle of pride. "Man after Golen and Emolga teamed up this battle sure has gotten intense." Carly pondered as she and Tepig continued to watch. "It's a stalemate for now. Continuing that blade clash won't benefit anyone so let's go on offense. Emolga use Acrobatics!" Golen shouted as Emolga began to glide in the air moving at such a fast speed that it seemed as if there were 2 images of itself flying everywhere. "Like I'll let you get close. Oshawott use Blizzard!" as Kyoya commanded the attack Oshawott was hit by Acrobatics. Despite getting hit Oshawott barely flinched and soon a light blue orb of energy formed in front of its mouth as it then proceeded to shoot out a strong snow wind that quickly engulfed the entire stadium.

Quickly feeling the effects of that Blizzard not only Emolga but almost everyone in the area began to shiver from the strength of the cold winds Oshawott had unleashed. "E…E...Emollllllga u…use Th..Thunder!" shouted a shivering Golen. Despite the freezing temperature Emolga quickly shot out a Thunder. The two powerful moves collided and created a huge explosion. "Wow this is intense!" shouted out a reporter as they continued to film the battle. "What happened?" Carly asked as the arena was engulfed in a smoke cloud. "Emolga use Thunder at full power!" Golen commanded as Emolga's Thunder easily penetrated the smoke and started to destroy the arena. "What's he doing?" Kyoya thought as Emolga's Thunder engulfed the arena with stones and also started to strike wild as if it had lost control. "That's right Emolga run wild!" Golen encouragingly shouted. "What an idiot doesn't he realize that if Emolga keeps attacking like that it'll end up knocking itself out? Unless…" Kyoya thought before he quickly realized Golen's strategy. "The stones in the sky! He's trying to block our view so he can end it in 1 shot. Oshawott dodge the stones and use Aqua Jet!" Kyoya told the Otter Pokémon as it easily started to jump through all the stones as it was once again engulfed in a light blue shroud of water. "Oshawott!" shouted a confident Oshawott as it began to charge at Emolga despite the latter's use of Thunder. "Oh man Oshawott's so elegant, it's easily dodging all the electricity and it hasn't even lost any momentum." Carly said as she and Tepig continued to watch amazed. "Just like I thought, Emolga use Iron Tail!" Golen smugly shouted as Emolga transited from a Thunder to an Iron Tail. Unable to stop after all the momentum it built from Aqua Jet, Oshawott was smacked in the face with Emolga's Iron Tail. "What!?" Kyoya shouted shocked at what happened. "He used Thunder as a fake out to lure Oshawott in to hit it with an Iron Tail, that's pretty smart." Carly said as Tepig nodded in agreement.

"That kid's pretty good for a rookie to trick Kyoya like that." Alder thought as he continued to watch. "I can't believe that I was tricked by him. How can someone like him actually make me struggle?" Kyoya questioned himself as he became noticeably flustered. "That Oshawott, if we attack it then it'll just defend with the scalchop and if we try to use our speed to strike then it'll just hold us back with Blizzard finishing it will be impossible if I don't think of something. Come on what am I going to do?" Golen was lost in his thought trying to think of how to win the battle. "Oshawott let's end this in 1 hit use a Full Powered Razor Shell!" Kyoya shouted at Oshawott. "Oshawott!" the Otter Pokémon shouted as it held its scalchop in the sky and as it was engulfed in a giant light blue blade. "Emolga!" Not willing to stand back Emolga quickly prepared an Iron Tai to counter attack. "Emolga don't uh…." as Golen attempted to calm Emolga down he quickly gazed into its eyes and realized what to do. "I see, so you're ready to win this? Alright so let's go Emolga use Iron Tail!" Golen shouted as Emolga confidently glided across the battlefield to collide once more with Oshawott. "What's he doing Iron Tail was only on par with a regular Razor Shell before so if he goes through with this he'll lose." Carly told her Tepig as she worryingly looked on. "These two young trainers are ready to finish their showdown. Who's going to win!?" shouted the filming reporter. As Oshawott jumped into the sky to perform its Razor Shell Emolga followed it. "Emolga, Go!" Golen shouted right before the two moves collided. After hearing its trainer's words Emolga responded to Golen's will and altered the angle of its Iron Tail. The two moves finally collided but instead of a head on clash Emolga managed to knock the scalchop out of Oshawott's hand. "No way!" Kyoya shouted as he and the rest of the spectators looked on in shock as Oshawott's scalchop flew across the arena. Without hesitation Emolga back flipped into the sky and proceeded to rush towards a scalchopless Oshawott but this time Emolga's body was covered by light blue sparks which soon turned into a light blue electric cloak with a mysterious white outline. "That's Spark!" Alder shouted as Emolga rammed itself into Oshawott. The crash sent a shock wave across the arena. "Oshawott, Emolga!" Kyoya and Golen separately shouted worried at what happened.

From the dust cloud a Pokémon had emerged, it was none other than Emolga who stood over its fallen advisory. "EMOLGA!" Emolga said as it let out its victory shout. "Well it's decided, Oshawott is unable to battle and Emolga is the victor therefore the winner of this match is Golem!" Alder proclaimed. "It's Golen! Wait I won? ALRIGHT I beat Kyoya and won my first battle! Emolga you're the greatest." Golen attempted to hug Emolga who instead rejected him and went back into its Pokéball. "Emolga?" Golen confusingly stated as he looked on at Emolga's Pokéball. "Good job Golen. Tepig-Tepig." both Carly and Tepig said as they congratulated him on his win. "That was amazing; this battle will be an excellent segment for the next edition of Unova Today. Thank you so much Mr. Alder." replied the overjoyed female reporter. "No worries, I told you that would be a good battle. I think it's important to have faith in the new generation of trainers and with that aside let's go out to dinner next Saturday night." Alder asked the reporter. "Sorry sir but my job comes before everything else so I hope you understand." The reporter replied as all of the crew left behind a devastated Alder. "Thanks you two me and Emolga did our best." Golen told Carly and Tepig as he noticed that Kyoya recall his Oshawott back into its Pokéball. "Kyoya?" Golen thought as he attempted to approach his opponent. "Hey Kyoya, that was an awesome battle and I'd really like to face you again someday." Golen told Kyoya who answered with a dead silence. Kyoya looked at Golen briefly and then proceeded to walk away being noticeably affected by his loss. "Will he be okay?" Carly asked Golen. "I don't know." Golen replied as Alder had walked up to the two. "Don't worry you two he'll be fine. Besides you should enjoy yourself a little more I mean you did just win your first battle." Alder told the two trainers. "Yeah you're right I won this battle but there is still an entire league for me to conquer so I'll keep on getting better until then." Golen proudly stated. "Until then you can clean up the arena Golem I mean you are the one who messed it up." Alder laughingly told Golen. "Hey but Kyoya had just as much to do with the mess." Golen whined to him. "Remember Kyoya isn't here Golen." Carly said to him. "That's right, which is exactly why you're going to help him." Alder told her. "But I didn't do anything." Carly said to Alder. "Don't forget how you're the one who helped me train for this battle." Golen said with a cheeky smile. "You're no help!" Carly said whining to him as the other two laughed out loud.

Narration: With his first battle ending in a win. Golen looks on to challenge the league but what kinds of trials await him?

Major Events (6/17/13-6/23/13): Golen's Emolga is revealed to know Acrobatics and Spark.
    Carly's Tepig is revealed to know Gyro Ball
    Kyoya is revealed to have obtained 2 badges, while his Oshawott is revealed to know Aqua Jet, Razor Shell and Blizzard.
    Golen and Carly meet Alder who Kyoya is revealed to know.
    Golen battles Kyoya in his first official battle and wins.

Characters:
    Golen
    Carly
    Kyoya
    Alder (debut)
    Ellie
    Reporters

Pokémon:
    Emolga (Golen's)
    Tepig (Carly's)
    Oshawott (Kyoya's)
    Mareep (Ranch's, multiple)

Years
  • Pokémon Go!

Chapter 4: The Professor's Tale! Golen vs. Snivy

Narration: After meeting Alder and defeating Kyoya in his battle Golen heads back to Aspertia City with his head held high.

"Oh man. I can't wait to get back home and show Amy and Grandma my cool new Pokémon." Golen stated unable to contain his excitement finally removing his bandages from his previous injuries. "You do realize that you only have Emolga right?" Carly asked the boastful boy. "Uh that doesn't matter quality beats quantity any day. When they see how awesome Emolga is they'll have no choice but to praise me." Golen bragged. "What will they praise you on? The fact you got lucky enough to catch a Pokémon that you can't even control? That doesn't sound very impressive at all." Carly bluntly stated to Golen. "Hey did you not see how I won that battle back there?" Golen asked his green-haired companion. "Yeah I did but don't you think you're getting too confident? I mean you only have 1 win." she responded to him slightly bruising his ego. "Uh…you have no idea what you're saying." Golen said as he turned away from her while they continued walking. "By the way why are you still traveling with me? I mean I haven't noticed until now but we've actually been traveling around with each other for a while." he told Carly. "Well… I'm only traveling with you by coincidence. After we get back to Aspertia that's when we split ways." Carly nervously said before abruptly changing the topic. "So what do you plan to do at Aspertia again?" she quickly asked him. "I'm challenging the Aspertia City Gym no doubt." Golen confidently replied. "So you plan on challenging the League and becoming a Pokémon Master?" Carly asked the confident black-haired lad. "What's a Pokémon Master?" asked a completely confused Golen. "I don't even know." Carly replied. "That sounds like a pretty vague goal to me." Golen added along as the duo continued walking. Before they knew it they had finally reached Aspertia City! "Alright we're back in Aspertia City!" Golen screamed out loud much to Carly's annoyance. "You know you don't have to scream so much." Carly snapped at him. "What are you talking about I never scream!" Golen screamed. "You just did genius!" she shouted in response. "Whatever you're still wrong." he muttered. "Wait what are you going to do now?" Golen asked her. "Well I was going to go home to talk to my parents before I set out again." Carly stated. "You're going to see your parents huh? Hehe well I guess I should go to my house like I said too." Golen replied with a noticeably different tone. "Golen….." Carly muttered as she noticed his expression change. "Well it was fun Carly see ya later." Golen waved as he left running back home. "Yeah…" Carly stated as she stared in his direction for a while before leaving. "She's gonna see her parents….." Golen thought in his head before he reached a red, tan and black colored house. In front of the house there was a porch and a garden full of ornaments surrounded by a fence.

"I'm home." Golen muttered as he knocked on the bell. "Hey Amy, Grandma I'm home!" he shouted as he continued knocking on the door. "If you don't open up the door now I might have to get my cool new bunch of Pokémon to break it down." Golen emptily threatened them as he continued to knock. "I warned you." he said as he brought out a bunch of empty Pokéballs. "I'll give you guys until the count of 3. 1…2…. And…" before Golen could finish the count the door was opened but much to dismay it was his sister Amy. "HEY GOLEN STOP MAKING SO MUCH NOISE!" she shouted at him as he tripped over dropping his empty Pokéballs. "Hey you made me drop my Pokéballs!" he shouted at her. "Don't whine to me you were the one who made all that noise." she retorted. "Well you're the one who didn't open the door." Golen quickly responded. "For your information I was working on a report." Amy told her brother. "Oh well what report you working on?" asked a curious Golen. "I was planning on interviewing the Professor for an article to submit to my editor on this week's Unova Today." Amy said. "Unova Today? That reminds me, it's time to show you my starter Pokémon." Golen said as he pulled out his golden colored Pokéball. "A golden Pokéball? Don't tell me you went along with that dumb colored Pokéball thing." stated an unimpressed Amy. "Hey shut up! Alright GO!" Golen shouted as he called out his Emolga. "Emolga!" Emolga cried as it emerged from its Pokéball. "A shiny Emolga!? How did you get such a rare Pokémon?" Amy asked the youth. "Skill, determination and a whole lot of passion. I remember that the townspeople tried to throw a parade for me when I caught this rare Pokémon but I refused." Golen brashly replied. "Hey wait a minute. I heard a few days ago that a troublesome wild Pokémon in Floccesy Town was caught by some numskull trainer." Amy quickly stated to Golen. "Don't be silly I'm not a numskull and Emolga isn't troublesome, right Emolga?" Golen asked as Emolga ignored him."Hahaha you caught it yet it won't even listen to you." Amy continued to laugh at Golen's expense before she abruptly stopped. "Hey Golen since you have nothing to do I need you to go to the Laboratory to interview the Professor for me." she asked her brother. "Hey you're not busy so why don't you go….." Golen stopped talking after Amy gave him an intense glare. "Well I'll be on my way to the lab, let's go Emolga." Golen nervously stated as Emolga continued to ignore him. You know Emolga I like you." Amy stated as she attempted to pet Emolga who in returned shocked her. "Eh…." Golen was scared of Amy's reaction as he took Emolga and left to the Lab.

"Emo Emo" Emolga complained to Golen who was still holding him as they ran. "Hey stop whining if it wasn't for you then we wouldn't be in this situation. Seriously I'm home for less than 5 minutes and I already have to go on a crazy errand, what a bummer." Golen stated as the duo soon stopped running. "Well we're safe from Amy for now so let's take our time getting to the Lab." Golen stated as they continued to walk to the Lab. After a few minutes Golen and Emolga and reached the Laboratory. "This is definitely the place. I remember this was where Professor Juniper comes when she visits the city." Golen said as he soon opened the door. "HEY PROFESSOR JUNIPER! ARE YOU HERE!" Golen shouted as he looked on to see a bunch of professors. "Uh…. Sorry I guess this is the wrong place." Golen mumbled slightly embarrassed. He was soon approached by a blond headed green eyed professor. She was wearing a light green barrette with orange colored glasses and along with that she sported a white lab coat and under her coat she sported a tight black and white shirt along with a light green skirt, light orange leggings and black heels. "If I'm mistake did you just say you were looking for Professor Juniper?" she asked. "Uhm yeah I needed to ask her for something." Golen replied to her. "Hey Professor Juniper there is someone here for you." shouted the beautiful blond professor as Professor Juniper soon emerged from a room. "What it is Ms. Bianca?" asked the confused Professor. "This young man was looking for you Clarissa." replied Bianca. "Golen?" she said in shock. "Professor Juniper?" Golen said just as surprised. "I didn't expect you to come back so fast, so how have you been?" the professor asked. "I've been okay. I finally managed to catch a partner Pokémon after a lot of struggling." Golen stated as he pointed to his Emolga. "Wow an alternately-colored Emolga and it looks really strong as well. You really made a good catch." the professor stated as she praised the youth on his achievement. "But I'm curious professor how do you two know each other?" Golen asked the two who laughed together. "Well Ms. Bianca here is actually my teacher." Professor Juniper stated. "What!? No way but you're supposed to have been a Professor for decades." stated a shocked Golen. "I see where you're confused but I'm not that Professor Juniper you think I am in fact I'm actually her daughter." stated Professor Juniper as Golen was still shocked. "Yeah, I remembered that I started studying with Ms. Bianca here back around 10 years ago." the professor added along. "Wow, but from a picture I saw of Professor Juniper you looked exactly like her." Golen stated. "You'd be surprised how many times I get mistaken for her." Professor Juniper told him embarrassed. "I really doubt he'd be surprised by that." Bianca jokingly replied.

"Ah well I get it now. But wait a minute Bianca did you know the older Professor Juniper?" Golen asked the blonde-headed beauty. "Yeah I sure did, back then 23 years ago when I was just a beginning trainer I was given my starter Pokémon and a Pokédex by Professor Juniper." Bianca told the headstrong trainer. "Wow that's awesome Bianca. But wait a minute 23 years ago was back when Team Plasma was attacking the Unova region." Golen stated. "Yeah I remember that time; I started around the same day as the 2 trainers who stopped Team Plasma's plan 23 years ago." Bianca told the headstrong trainer. "Wow! That's so cool. Were you good friends with them?" Golen asked astonished at the professor's statement. "We sure were, in fact I remember that me, those two trainers and another one of my good friends all competed together in Gyms and even met a bunch of celebrity trainers." Bianca told the amazed youth. "Hey Bianca did you ever challenge the Unova League?" Golen asked her. "I wish I could say that I did, but after a while into my journey I realized that not everyone was meant to be a strong league contender." the blonde professor told the black-haired lad. "Well that's too bad professor but I still think it's cool that you're a successful professor now." Golen admiringly stated before Emolga suddenly entered a battle stance. "What's wrong Emolga?" Golen asked as a Pokémon emerged from a room. It was Snivy! The exact same Snivy Golen had rejected on his first day as a trainer. "Snivy what are you doing? You're supposed to be resting in the yard." Juniper told the Grass Snake. "Wow its Snivy. Long time no see." Golen told Snivy as he extended his hand out to greet it only for his hand to be slapped away by Snivy's tail. "Ouchh! What's that for!?" Golen shouted at Snivy as Emolga laughed at him. "I guess it might not like you Golen." Juniper chuckled. "Gee what a diva. I just rejected it so I could get a Pokémon on my own." Golen muttered as two other Pokémon emerged from the yard. "Who are those Pokémon?" Golen asked as he pulled out his Pokédex.

First he had scanned a blue echidna like Pokémon, Cyndaquil, the Fire Mouse Pokémon. It has a timid nature. If it is startled, the flames on its back burn more vigorously. He then scanned the other Pokémon who looked slightly like a mudpuppy, Mudkip, the Mud Fish Pokémon. To alert it, the fin on its head senses the flow of water. It has the strength to heft boulders. "Cyndaquil and Mudkip!? Those are one of the 3 Starter Pokémon from the Johto and Hoenn Regions. But how did they end up here?" Golen asked the Professors. "I received them as a gift from my meeting with Professors Lyra and May. We all got together to study the abilities of the 3 starter Pokémon from the Johto, Hoenn and Unova regions. Sadly Professor Blue Oak and Professor Lucas weren't able to attend the meeting because of their busy schedules. But we got to do quite a lot regardless." Bianca told Golen who began to admire Cyndaquil and Mudkip. "Cyndaquil, huh? You are quite an adorable Pokémon, I mean I personally prefer Charmander but you're pretty cool too." Golen jokingly stated. "Cynda-Quillll!" Cyndaquil shouted as it looked at Golen intensely and then ignited the flame on its back as it shot a stream or red-orange flames at Golen, who then fell over. "Golen!" Professor Juniper shouted as Emolga snickered and Snivy looked on with a slight grin. "Oh man that was amazing, it could already use combo attacks." Golen stated as he shook off the smoke and got up to go check out Mudkip. "You're a cute one for sure Mudkip. I mean who could resist getting such a cool thing like you as a starter." Golen stated as he admired the Mud Fish Pokémon. "Mudkip." Mudkip stated as it jumped to Golen and hugged him much to Emolga and Snivy's annoyance. "Mudkip you really are cool, much better than those lazy arrogant jerks across the room!" Golen shouted as Emolga and Snivy got annoyed. "Sni-vy!" Snivy shouted as it looked at Golen with its Glare attack. "I was just kidding." a paralyzed Golen stated as he fell back. "Emo." Emolga sighed. Sometime later Golen was healed from his paralysis. "I'm sorry for those 3 Golen." Juniper told him. "Haha I'm actually pretty used to getting attacked by Pokémon, so it's no big deal." Golen laughed. "That sounds kinda sad." Bianca muttered as Golen fell over in embarrassment. "A Grass-type Snivy, a Fire-type Cyndaquil and a Water-type Mudkip. All 3 of them have potential and they all seem pretty strong. Well it's decided." Golen thought as he got back up.

"Hey Professor Juniper and Bianca I hope you're okay with this but…but…can I catch those three Pokémon?" Golen stated as the 3 starters looked on in shock. "All 3?" Juniper question. "Yeah after seeing all 3 of them I just can't help but want to battle with them all. I hope you understand." Golen stated as he bowed to them. "I have no problems with that. How about you Bianca?" Juniper asked. "Hmm that's an interesting idea. All 3 of those guys are all pretty distinct from each other and it would be interesting to see how they all develop around each other. Alright it's decided, you can get all 3 of these Pokémon as long as you promise to treat them well." Bianca stated as Golen became overjoyed. "Awesome! But before that I want to battle each of them." Golen eagerly proclaimed. "What a guy…..Alright if you insist you can battle them in any order." Bianca told him. "I've already decided to battle them in the order of Cyndaquil, Mudkip and Snivy. Hey Emolga you ready?" Golen asked as he saw Emolga sleeping. "What? Emolga wake up I know you're still awake. Come on I need you here!" Golen shouted but to his displeasure Emolga continued to feign its sleep. "What a useless guy." Golen muttered. "Whatever let's go Cyndaquil." Golen shouted out as he attempted to battle it on his own. "A trainer battling a Pokémon? That's an interesting sight." Juniper said as Golen proceeded to run at Cyndaquil. "Cynda-Quill!" Cyndaquil shouted as it used Flamethrower. Golen dodged it but much to Juniper's dismay the Flamethrower incinerated one of the tables in the room. "OH NO! Why did we let him battle those guys in here?" Juniper shouted worried about how the lab would end up. "Oh I remember my first battles, me and my friends completely annihilated the room we were in." Bianca reminiscently told Juniper. "That's not helping!" the professor shouted.

"Come on Cyndaquil is that all you got?" Golen then dodged another Flamethrower. "I've seen Magikarps with more effective moves then that!" he shouted again as Cyndaquil angrily shot another Flamethrower. "Can you two stop destroying the lab!?" Juniper shouted as she panicked over the ruined equipment. "I should go to the yard. Cyndaquil will burn the entire lab down if I don't find a way to subdue it." Golen jumped out the room into the yard which was a luscious Greenland that had many trees and ponds. "This is bet….Waahhhhhhh" Golen screamed as he almost got hit by a Flamethrower. "This is not good; I have to find a way to beat it." Golen stated as he thought of a solution. "That's it!" he proclaimed as he remembered a speech he received from Amy. "Listen up dweeb. I'm gonna teach you about how to catch a Pokémon just in case you have none to use when you battle them." a young Amy told a noticeably younger Golen. "Why does that even matter Amy I'm going to be an ace trainer when I become a trainer so let's just skip this session" the boy confidently replied. "Shut up! You'll listen and you'll like it!" The lass shouted as the black haired child stopped talking out of fear. "Alright well listen closely. I learned about a special method used by trainers who participate in the Safari Zones from the other regions. Since you're not allowed to use Pokémon in the Safari Zones I heard that trainers use Bait and Rocks as substitutes for Pokémon. You see the trick is that you use the bait and rocks as diversions so you can get a Pokémon off guard and capture it. That method isn't as reliable as battling but it can be as effective. So you see that wasn't such a pain was it?" before Amy could realize it her brother had already fallen asleep. "You idiot!" "Rocks huh? That's it!" Golen thought as he found a rock behind a tree. "Cyndaquil! I'm winning this!" he shouted as he threw the rock at the Fire Mouse Pokémon. "Thuddd" a thud echoed across the yard as Cyndaquil received a bump from the rock throw. "That didn't work…" Golen said as he began to run in fear from an enraged Pokémon. "Emo, Emo." Emolga stated as it face palmed at its trainer's stupidity. "This is bad, this is really bad. I thought throwing the rock was supposed to work." Golen panicked before a bag suddenly fell out of his bag. "Cynda?" Cyndaquil approached the bag and opened it up. Much to its enjoyment it was a rice ball. "A rice ball?" the two professors said in union. "My rice ball, I was gonna eat that! Huh?" Golen stopped running as he saw a once angry Cyndaquil be soothed by the delicious taste of the rice treat. "That's right I forgot that bait was the better alternative to catching Pokémon. I guess I've won this showdown." Golen stated as his eyes glimmered. "Hey Cyndaquil!" Golen shouted as the Fire Mouse Pokémon ignited its flames to attack again. "It's time to end this. Go Rice Ball!" Golen shouted as Cyndaquil jumped in joy and quickly started eating the rice ball. "Don't think I'm done yet. Time for the finishing move, RICE BALL BARRAGE!" he shouted as Cyndaquil was speechless at the barrage of gourmet treats that it was presented with. "Cynda, Cynda, Cynda." Cyndaquil indulged in the Rice Ball feast as Golen suddenly jumped from behind it and capture it with net.

"Ha I knew this would work. Cyndaquil you lost this showdown." Golen shouted as Cyndaquil accepted its defeat. "How did that work?" Bianca jokingly asked. "The real question was where he got all those rice balls from." Juniper stated. "Hahahaha I'm the greatest." Golen was overjoyed as Emolga and Snivy stoically looked on. "Haha…..Looks like it's time for my greatest battle." Golen stated as he quickly became serious. "It's your turn at last….Mudkip." he added along. "Mudkip, Mudkip." Mudkip replied to him. "You took the words right out of my mouth." Both sides were as serious as can be, determined to have this showdown. "Isn't this a little too serious?" Juniper asked. Suddenly the two sides ran at each other full force. "You're mine Mudkip!" Golen shouted. "MUDKIP!" Mudkip shouted in response. Both the professors looked away as they collided. "MUDKIP!" Mudkip had shouted. "Is it over?" Bianca asked as everyone looked over to Golen and Mudkip. Instead of an amazing showdown everyone embarrassingly looked on as Golen and Mudkip had gotten into a tickle fight. "Give up Mudkip I've got you beat." Golen stated as Mudkip submitted out of laughter. "Mudkip." Mudkip stated not sad that it had lost. "A tickle fight?" Juniper stated slightly embarrassed. "Well he gets points for creativity, I guess." Bianca replied equally embarrassed as Emolga and Snivy were disgusted at Golen's stupidity. "Cynda, Cynda." Cyndaquil had stated as it continued to eat its Rice Balls. "Cyndaquil and Mudkip have been beat. You're the last one Snivy." Golen looked back to see Snivy right behind him. "Snivy." Snivy muttered as it intensely stared at Golen. "What the?" Golen stated as he was shocked at Snivy's intensity. "What's up with that Snivy?" Bianca asked Professor Juniper. "That Snivy's a difficult one." Juniper replied. "What's that mean?" asked a confused Bianca. "Well ever since that Snivy got to this lab it's been a troublesome one for a while now. It constantly refused to get along with the other Pokémon and its attitude even stopped trainers from picking it as their starter. It's been almost been a year and not one trainer has even considered choosing that Snivy. At first I assumed Snivy didn't care that no one chose it but seeing how intense it is here it's starting to make me think that it's not as stoic and emotionless at is lets us believe. "So that's how it is huh?" Golen muttered as he got serious. "Snivy, Snivy." Snivy shouted as it got ready to fight.

"Snivy you don't have to fight." Golen stated as Emolga and everyone looked on surprised by his words. "Just come along with us, I'm sure that if we all stick together that you'll get over the hatred you have." Golen told the Grass Snake Pokémon as he extended his hand to it. Insulted by Golen's words Snivy quickly slapped away his hand using a Vine Whip. "SNIVY!" Snivy shouted out at him. "Snivy, Snivy. Snivy, Snivy!" Snivy continued to shout at Golen as Emolga looked on slightly irritated at Snivy's words. "It doesn't trust him. Snivy's anger at being neglected has clouded its judgment and given it a bad view on all trainers." Bianca stated as Cyndaquil and Mudkip focused on Golen and Snivy's confrontation. "The pain of being left behind is what's made this Snivy so cold. Golen will need a miracle to get through to it." Juniper replied. "Emo." Emolga muttered as it continued to lean against a tree annoyed. "You're a stubborn one for sure. But that's what will make you such a great member on my team." Golen confidently told Snivy who angrily started attacking him with a barrage of Vine Whips. Before the move could make contact all the vines were suddenly deflected by an Iron Tail. "Emolga?" Golen stated in shock. "Emolga, Emo!" Emolga proclaimed as it seemingly challenged Snivy. "Why would Emolga challenge Snivy? I thought that it and Golen had a bad relationship so why would it stand up for Golen now?" Juniper wondered confused about Emolga's motives. "It's not protecting Golen because of their bond but because of its pride as a Pokémon." Bianca replied as Juniper looked at her confused.

"To see a fellow Pokémon so flustered and confused would anger any Pokémon so naturally they would attempt to help each other in their own ways no matter how extreme it may seem to us Humans." Bianca stated as Juniper nodded in agreement. "Huh so big bad Emolga actually has a heart under that nasty attitude. It's actually kinda sweet that you're willing to do this Emolga." Golen had told Emolga who only growled in response. Before Golen could utter another word Snivy had unleashed another barrage of Vine Whips. Almost instantly Emolga had dodged all the attacks and prepared an Iron Tail in response. But much to Emolga's annoyance Snivy had flawlessly dodged its attack. Without any hesitation Snivy had used another Vine Whip attack but like before Emolga had dodged the attack. "Emo." Emolga muttered confidently before it was knocked down by a Vine Whip. "No way!" Golen stated as Snivy started to repeatedly whip Emolga. "It purposely failed with the first Vine Whip onslaught so it could hit him for real when Emolga wasn't expecting it. That Snivy's a slick one." Golen thought as he attempted to intervene. Before he could intervene Emolga let out a mighty roar as it grabbed Snivy's Vine Whip and tossed it across the area. As it flew across the area Snivy quickly retaliated by extending its whips to grab Emolga's arms and as it landed on the floor it tossed Emolga across the area. In response to Snivy's attack Emolga caught itself in the sky as it soon rushed to Snivy. With unequaled strength Emolga quickly smashed Snivy into the ground with an earth shattering Iron Tail. As the dust cleared the winner of the battle was decided, Snivy lied defeated as Emolga stood triumphant. "Sn…ivy." Snivy muttered as it attempted to stand back up but instead fell to the ground. "As hard as Snivy is trying it just can't battle anymore." Juniper stated as Snivy willed itself back up. "Snivy!" Snivy shouted as it attempted to attack. "Stop Snivy!" Golen shouted as he prevented the two Pokémon from fighting any further. Golen's efforts were soon rewarded by a Vine Whip from an enraged Snivy. "Snivy you don't have to keep doing this." Golen stated as he wiped some blood from his lip. Everyone starred on as Golen soon approached Snivy but was met by another Vine Whip. "You keep fighting because you're scared of being rejected again. But just join us and I promise you that you'll never have to be scared of being abandoned again." Golen continued to plead to Snivy who was still unwilling to listen to him. "Snivy please you can't keep torturing yourself for the mistakes of your past. Just join us Snivy." Golen extended his hand to Snivy one more time but as Snivy was about to slap his hand away Cyndaquil and Mudkip soon approached it. "Cynda, Cyndaquil." "Mudkip, Mudkip." Both of the Pokémon had expressed to Snivy their faith in Golen as Emolga looked on in the background. "You see we're all starting to move forward to our own paths of success. Snivy it wouldn't be right if you didn't come along. So please can you become our teammate?" Golen asked as he took out a Pokéball from his belt. Snivy looked on at Golen and the others and it had finally made up its mind as it approached Golen and pressed the Pokéball with its whip. One shake, two shakes and then three Snivy had finally been captured.

"YES! I got a Snivy." Golen had shouted in joy. "Congratulations." stated an impressed Bianca. "You really have a good understanding of Pokémon." Juniper added along. "Thanks a lot. Though I already had experience dealing with stubborn Pokémon right Emolga!?" Golen shouted out to the Sky Squirrel Pokémon who quickly returned itself to its Pokéball. "He's still a stubborn one." Golen muttered slightly depressed. "Oh yeah that's right I still need to put you two in your Pokéballs." Golen stated as he took out two Pokéballs and used them to capture both Cyndaquil and Mudkip "Four Pokémon already. Man if I keep this up I might end up catching them all." Golen brashly stated as he proceeded to laugh. "Hey Golen are you planning on competing in the Unova League?" Bianca asked him. "Yeah I was." Golen answered. "Well if you want a gym you should challenge the one right here in Aspertia City" Bianca told the lad. "Oh yeah I remember that there was a gym here. Well if you insist I'll challenge it as soon as I finish some training. But professors can I ask you a question?" Golen quickly asked them. About an hour later Golen had gotten back home but much to his displeasure he was once again greeted by one of Amy's usual rants. "I ask you for one thing and you can't even do that right!" Amy shouted at him. "Hey come on I was busy." Golen casually stated. "Yeah right! By the look of your clothes you were probably getting beaten up by a bunch of wild Pokémon again!" Amy shouted at him as the door bell rung. "Come in." Golen shouted as the door opened. Much to Amy's joy the ones who entered their home were none other than Professors Juniper and Bianca. "No way! How did 2 super popular professors know where we lived?" asked a shocked and amazed Amy. "Well when I said I was busy I meant that I was busy getting these two to show up to give you a personal interview." Golen brashly told his overjoyed sister. "Thanks so much my favorite little brother." Amy said as she hugged him. "So you're Amy? I'm really looking forward to our interview." Bianca stated. "Let's get started right away." Amy replied as she pushed Golen away. "Well I'm not needed here." Golen muttered as he went upstairs. He entered his room which had light red walls and was filled with a variety of furniture. There was a black bed covered with stripped gold and white covers with a closet being right next to it, across the room there was a beige desk setup which had many drawings and utensils on it and next to the desk there was a television set up on top of a white drawer. Along with that there were Pokémon League posters plastered on all sides of the room which included the final evolved stages of the Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova Starter Pokémon and on the floor there was a light blue carpet spread across the room and along with that there were various dolls of Pokémon including Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur. "It feels like forever since I came in here." Golen stated as he quickly looked under his bed and took out a silver box. He then took out a key from his pocket which he then used to open the box. From the box Golen took out a pair of red and black goggles which he then put on. "Aspertia Gym, Unova League here I come." Golen confidently muttered as he tightened his goggles determined to begin his training.

Narration: Emolga, Snivy, Cyndquil and Mudkip. Golen has finally found himself a team as he begins his training for his showdown in the Aspertia City Gym. But will this new team be enough for him to overcome the first obstacle on his road to being a Champion?

Major Events (6/24/13): Golen returns to Aspertia City and meets Bianca.
    Golen captures a Snivy, Cyndaquil and Mudkip.

Characters:
    Golen
    Carly
    Amy
    Professor C. Juniper
    Bianca (debut)

Pokémon:
    Emolga (Golen's)
    Snivy (Golen's, new)
    Cyndaquil (Golen's, new, debut)
    Mudkip (Golen's, new, debut)

Years
  • Pokémon Go!

Chapter 5: Aspertia Gym Battle! VS Aipom

Narration: After obtaining 3 new partners and finishing his training for his upcoming Gym Battle, Golen finds himself ready for his battle in the Aspertia Gym.

"Oh man that training was great. Everyone was so impressive and I'm sure the moves that they learned will come in handy for my Gym Battle tomorrow." Golen stated as he lied in bed. His attire consisted of a white shirt along with black pajama pants that had Pokéball symbols all over them. "I'm so excited I can't even sleep. Tomorrow just has to come already." said an overly excited Golen as he soon got up and took out four Pokéballs. The first Pokéball was gold colored and had a sky blue outline, the second one had a leaf green coloring, the third a fire red coloring and the 4th a water blue coloring. "Emolga, Snivy, Cyndaquil and Mudkip. I know you guys will do your best tomorrow." Golen stated as he talked to the alternately colored Pokéballs. "OH YEAH I'M GONNA WIN MY FIRST BADGE!" Golen shouted as he jumped up from his bed in excitement. "SHUT UP AND GO TO SLEEP!" Amy shouted from downstairs. "You're not the boss of me!" Golen shouted. "WHAT WAS THAT!?" Amy shouted in response. "Eh uhm I meant I'll go to bed right away." stated a cowardly Golen as he covered himself in his white and gold sheets. "Gym Badge Number 1, I gotta get it." he muttered as he fell asleep. After a good night sleep it was finally a new day. "Alright it's time to head to the Aspertia City Gym." said an excited Golen as he ran down the stairs. "Hey Grandma, Amy I'm off." he told them as he ran out the front door. "He's always in a rush." Amy muttered as she and Emma looked on. "According to this city map the gym is located at the northeastern part of the city around the Professor's Laboratory and the Market so I just have to keep running to the north." Golen thought as he continued to run through many blocks. After a few minutes of pass through the city Golen had finally reached his destination. Much to his shock instead of a Gym he ended up in front of what seemed to be a Trainer's School. The building was a beige and reddish brown color the top was pointed and had a Pokéball symbol in the middle of it while the roof was a reddish orange color. "Oh great did I take a wrong turn?" Golen complained in his head as he took out the map again. "This is the right place." said a voice from behind. A shocked Golen looked behind as he saw that the voice had come from Bianca. "Professor Bianca!" Golen shouted in joy. "It's been a while Golen. Are you ready to challenge the Gym Leader?" Bianca asked the black haired lad. "Oh course. I trained hard for the last week and I'm sure that we'll beat whoever the Gym Leader is." Golen confidently stated. "That's good to hear. Good luck in your battle." Bianca stated as Golen thanked her.

As the two prepared to enter the building Golen who was unable to contain his enthusiasm excitingly busted through the door. "HEY! Is the Aspertia City Gym Leader here?! I WANT A BATTLE!" he shouted at the top of his lungs as he saw that there were a bunch of school kids staring at him. Each of the students had awkwardly stared at Golen who in turn looked away embarrassed. "I'm sorry hehe." he embarrassingly chuckled as he ran to another room. But before he could open the door he found that the door had opened by itself. Being unable to control himself Golen tumbled over the person who had opened the door. As he opened his eyes he had realized that the person he bumped into was none other than Carly. "Oh Carly, it's been a long time huh?" he asked being oblivious to the fact that he was laying right on top of her. "Yeah it has…" Carly stated before realizing their position. "GET OFF ME!" she shouted with a slight blush. "What's up with you Carly? I was just looking for the Gym Leader." "You're the one who bumped into me you pervert!" "Pervert!?" the two trainers argued back and forth. "I take it you two know each other?" Bianca interrupted. "Yeah we travelled together for a bit before I met you." Golen replied. "Wait a minute. You're Professor Bianca!" Carly admiringly shouted as the other kids came over and crowded them. "Wow Bianca I had no idea you were so famous." Golen stated as he was being shoved by a bunch of happy kids. "You really are slow. Ms. Bianca is a world renowned researcher. She was even one of the trainers that fought against Team Plasma all those years ago." Carly told the lad. "Yeah I know that." Golen muttered annoyed. "But wait why are you here?" he quickly asked as the children were still shoving to meet the world renown professor. "Well my parents recommended me to come over here to learn from the Gym Leader about how to be a better trainer." Carly stated as the kids continued to shove and push to meet Bianca. "What is with this incessant pandemonium?" said a distant voice as the kids all quieted down.

The voice came from a tall light skinned young man. His hair was a violet color while his eyes were of an indigo coloring. His attire consisted of a vertical stripped purple and yellow vest which he wore over his white dress shirt. Along with that he wore black pants with purple dress shoes. "Children it is not a congenial trait for all of you to horde round any visitors." the violet haired teen factually told the kids. "We're sorry." The children said in union as they went back to studying. "It's been a while Tom. I see that you're still as strict as ever." Bianca told him. "It has been a prolonged occasion since our last gathering. It is a pleasure to see that you took time out of your otherwise prolonged schedule to visit an insignificant Gym Leader such as myself, Professor." Tom told the world renowned professor who got slightly sad at his statement. "Wait this guy's the Gym Leader?" asked a surprised Carly. "Seriously him? He looks more like a book nerd than a Gym Leader." Golen added along. "Tom the real reason I'm here is to introduce you to your newest challenger." Bianca stated as she pointed to Golen. "So this stripling is the challenger who desires to overcome me in a valiant showdown of our powerful allies known as the Pocket Monsters in an attempt to win the Aspertia Gym's emblem of approval huh? Well if so then I wholeheartedly welcome this invitation." Tom stated as Golen and Carly were lost in thought attempting to understand what he had just said. "He means that he accepts your battle request." Bianca told the confused duo. "Oh well let's go Tom!" Golen shouted in excitement. "Mr. Tom can we watch your battle?" one of the children asked. "I will allow for you youngsters to observe my flawless battle style." Tom said as everyone went over to the backyard battle field. The battlefield was a plain field with a Pokéball symbol at the center of it. "Challenger I believe that it is your option to determine who from your party will partake in our glorious showdown." Tom said as Golen and Cary looked on once again confused by his overly sophisticated speech patterns. "I have no idea what you said but for our Gym Battle let's make it a 3 VS 3 battle where the one who gets 2 wins first is the winner." Golen told the intelligent Gym Leader.

"Hmm a 3 VS 3 battle huh? Well if that is the case then I humbly accept your recommendation." "Alright then let's get start-…" "Before we begin let me show you the valiant warriors that you will have the honor of facing." Tom threw three Pokéballs from them emerged three distinct Pokémon. The first was a monkey-like Pokémon its fur was a purple and beige color and on top of its somewhat large head it had a cowlick with the most noticeable trait being its large hand-like tail, the second was a pink feline Pokémon, it had slit eyes and tufted ears that had purple interiors and on its face it had a cream colored crescent-shaped marking along with that it had a slender tail that ended with a bulky pink section that had 3 yellow tips at the end of it and the third Pokémon was a bipedal, ursine Pokémon covered in short, orange-e-brown fur. Its muzzle is light tan with a small black nose and black eyes with that there was a slightly paler tan crescent marking on its face along with its round ears. "Who are these 3?" Golen muttered as he pulled out his Pokédex and proceeded to scan all three Pokémon. Aipom, the Long Tail Pokémon. It lives high among the treetops. It can use its tail as freely and cleverly as its hands. Skitty, the Kitten Pokémon. It shows its cute side by chasing its own tail until it gets dizzy. Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokémon. It lets honey soak into its paws so it can lick them all the time. Every set of paws tastes unique. "Wow Aipom, Skitty and Teddiursa they all look so adorable." Carly admiringly stated. "They all seem pretty strong as well." Bianca added along. "So those 3 are my opponents, huh? If that's the case then I'll show you my 3 guys. Everyone let's go!" Golen shouted as he called out his Emolga, Snivy and Cyndaquil. "Snivy, Cyndaquil and an alternately colored Emolga this is going to be very interesting." Tom thought in amusement. "This will be a 3 on 3 Gym Battle between the challenger from Aspertia City Golen Ken and the Gym Leader Tom. The battle will be over as soon as one side is able to win 2 out of the 3 rounds, BEGIN!" the referee shouted as the two trainers brought out their first Pokémon. "Cyndaquil GO!" "Skitty lend me your strength!" "So he caught a Cyndaquil huh?" Carly said. "Yep and this will be Cyndaquil's first battle." Bianca replied. "Go Mr. Tom!" all the children cheered. "The first round battle between Cyndaquil and Skitty will now begin!" shouted the referee. "The first move wins it. Cyndaquil use Flamethrower!" Golen commanded as Cyndaquil released a red-orange stream of flames. "Skitty dodge it with elegance!" Tom shouted as Skitty effortlessly dodged Cyndaquil's attack. "It's fast!" Carly shouted in amazement. "We'll show them speed Cyndaquil use Quick Attack." Cyndaquil was covered in a white outline as it then began to run at a high speed towards the opponent creating silver trails from the sheer speed. "Cyndaquil is gathering quite a bit of momentum, but that hardly matters." Tom smirked as his Skitty effortlessly dodged Quick Attack.

"Tch Cyndaquil keep on using Quick Attack!" Golen commanded as the Fire Mouse Pokémon continued its assault. "Nya-nya!" Skitty shouted as it continued to dodge Cyndaquil's attack with little to no difficulty. "Skitty's not even taking them seriously and by the looks of it neither is Tom. Golen's in trouble if he doesn't stop making those senseless moves." Carly said as she and the professor looked on at the battle. "Skitty use DoubleSlap!" Tom commanded as Skitty abruptly stopped Cyndaquil's Quick Attack and started to repeatedly slap it with its glowing white tail. "Cynda!" wailed the Fire Mouse Pokémon as it fell back from the force of the attack. "That Skitty's trouble. It can easily dodge our attacks and at the same time it can just as easily stop our attacks and thrash us with its own. After only 1 attack Cyndaquil seems worn out so I guess slowing them down with Quick Attack won't be an option. What to do?" Golen wondered. "As expected from a novice challenger you are already feeling the stress of my Skitty's ability. I will conclude this battle, Skitty use Assist!" Tom shouted as white orb formed on Skitty's paw. "Say what!?" Golen stated confused as to what Assist was. "What's Assist?" Carly asked Bianca. "It's a special move commonly used by feline Pokémon. The Pokémon using the move uses a random attack that is known by another Pokémon in the same party." "So in other words it's an attack that relies on luck right?" Carly asked the knowledgeable professor. "Yeah but knowing Tom there's a chance that he manipulated the movesets of his Pokémon so that regardless at what move it is that it helps him out in any situation." As the two stopped talking a silver orb of energy appeared at the tip of Skitty's palm as a transparent silver grey boulder materialized from the orb. "That's Rock Tomb!" Bianca shouted. "Rock Tomb?" Golen muttered as Skitty shot the attack. "Cyndaquil use Flamethrower to intercept the Rock Tomb!" As the red-orange flames clashed with the grey boulder an explosion enveloped the area. From the smoke emerged chunks of the Rock Tomb which then knocked Cyndaquil down. "Cynda..." Cyndaquil muttered obviously injured. "Cyndaquil obviously can't fight for much longer so I have to end it here. Cyndaquil let's end this with Flame Charge!" Golen shouted as the Fire Mouse Pokémon repeatedly stomped on the ground as a dust cloud formed before it charged out of it encased in a cloak of red-orange flames. Like with the previous attacks Skitty dodged Cyndaquil with ease. "Cyndaquil keep chasing it until you connect with your attack!" "Skitty it is time for the conclusion." Tom smirked as Skitty nodded in agreement. Over and over Cyndaquil kept charging at Skitty without being able to touch it once but unlike before Skitty was tired out by Cyndaquil's persistent attacks. As Cyndaquil closed in on its target it slightly winced from the injuries it had taken before. "As expected, Skitty use Wild Charge!" Tom smuggled replied as Skitty was surrounded by yellow electricity and started charging straight into Cyndaquil's Flame Charge. As the two moves collided Flame Charge was easily overpowered and Cyndaquil was blown away right into Golen who then proceeded to get knocked down. "Cyndaquil is unable to battle, Skitty is the victor and the winner of the first round is Tom!" "Cyndaquil you did a good job just leave the rest to the others." Golen told a knocked out Cyndaquil as he returned it too it's Pokéball. "Skitty your performance were as impressive as always." Tom stated as he returned a proud Skitty to its Pokéball much to the joy of his students.

"I'm already down 0-1 if I don't win the next battle then it's going to be an automatic loss." "Hey challenger you can always forfeit the battle right here and return when you grow in sapience and become a more competent trainer." Tom arrogantly told Golen. "Say what? I still have two more rounds left so don't count me out and instead of talking how about we continue this battle!" Golen angrily replied. "If you insist." Tom calmly answered as he called out his Teddiursa. "Teddiursa huh? It's your turn, Snivy GO!" Golen shouted as Snivy emerged from its Pokéball. "Another new Pokémon huh?" Carly muttered. "Snivy vs. Teddiursa is bound to be an interesting battle." Bianca stated. "Snivy use Iron Tail!" Golen commanded as Snivy's tail became surrounded in white sparkles and it then turns into iron and it hits the opponent with it. "Teddiursa use Slash!" almost instantly Teddiursa's claws extended and began to glow as it intercepted Snivy's Iron Tail. "They seem to be on par. But that will not be the case for long, use Rock Tomb!" Tom shouted as silver orb of energy appeared at the tip of Teddiursa's paws and a transparent silver grey boulder then materialized from the orb. "So Teddiursa was the one who had Rock Tomb?" Golen muttered in shock as Teddiursa hit Snivy with the giant grey boulder. "Snivy!" Golen shouted as the Grass Snake Pokémon fell to the ground. "Slash!" Tom shouted almost instantly as Teddiursa hit Snivy with its glowing claws. "Come on Golen don't let him beat you again!" shouted a worried Carly. "Rock Tomb!" Teddiursa once again launched a transparent silver boulder at a beaten down Snivy as Carly and Bianca looked on worried. "That won't work again Snivy catch the boulder with Vine Whip!" in response to its trainer's commands Snivy extended two green whips which it used to catch the Rock Tomb. "No way!" shouted a surprised Tom. "Now toss the Rock Tomb right back at them!" "Snivy!" Snivy shouted as it launched the attack right back at Teddiursa.

"Evade the attack Teddiursa!" Tom shouted. But much to his and Teddiursa's surprise Snivy had appeared right above of Teddiursa. "Go Snivy use Glare!" Golen commanded as Snivy's eyes began to glow red color and then left a menacing trail that paralyzed Teddiursa. "There's no way!" Tom shouted in shock. "Now it's time for our comeback, Snivy use Vine Whip!" "Snivy, vy, vy, vy,VY!" Snivy shouted as it began to pummel Teddiursa with multiple vines. "Teddiursa use Slash!" Tom pleaded to no avail as Teddiursa was still immobilized. After finishing its onslaught Snivy then threw Teddiursa into the ceiling. "Teddiursa!" shouted Teddiursa as it hit the ceiling and began to fall. "Let's finish this, Snivy use Iron Tail!" Golen commanded as Snivy prepared its Iron Tail and began to dash at a falling Teddiursa. "Teddiursa do not let yourself be shamed in this battle and show them your moxie!" Tom shouted but before Teddiursa could react it was struck by Snivy's Iron Tail in mid-air. "Teddii!" Teddiursa wailed as it crashed into the ground. As the dust had settled the winner of the battle had finally been determined. "Teddiursa is unable to battle Snivy is the victor and the winner of the second round is Golen!" "Alright! Snivy you were amazing!" Golen happily stated as he hugged the Grass Snake Pokémon who embarrassingly accepted his hug. "Preposterous. To think that such a dimwitted trainer could have actually disrupted my excellent performance. Perhaps he is not as idiotic as I assumed he was." Tom thought in his head. "Wow that was amazing." Carly admiringly stated. "Yeah he managed to completely turn the tables and made it to the final round." Bianca added along. "Mr. Tom you can do it!" the students shouted.

"Ha I told you that I wouldn't let you clean sweep me! Now all I need is one more win and I'll earn my first badge." Golen confidently told the Gym Leader. "Your battling is not as atrocious as I thought it would be. In fact now I could see why Mr. Alder personally allowed you to compete in a live battle. But now it is time for the decisive final battle." "Yeah I'm ready." stated a poised Golen. "Emolga let's GO!" shouted the black haired trainer as the shiny Sky Squirrel Pokémon emerged from its golden Pokéball. "My passionate champion it is time for us to conclude this battle with excellence, emerge my magnificent star Aipom!" "Aipa!" shouted the Long Tail Pokémon as it emerged from its Pokéball. "With that chant you would have expected some kind of powerhouse Pokémon but all we got was a puny Aipom." Carly said clearly not impressed. "Hey don't talk down on Mr. Tom! He's going to flawlessly beat your boyfriend in this battle and prove why he's the greatest Gym Leader ever." said one of the children. "Boyfriend!? He isn't my boyfriend and if anything I hope your teacher loses just to see how upset you kids would get." Carly childishly told the kids as they stuck their tongues at her. "Now, now you guys there's no need to get into an argument. Let's all just enjoy the rest of the battles." Bianca told everyone as they settled down. "Emo. Emolga, Emolga?" Emolga asked its trainer. "Yeah Emolga that's your opponent." Golen calmly replied before Emolga bursted into tears of laughter. "Hey Emolga don't be so rude. I mean I know they are kinda goofy looking and all but we need to win this by teaming up." Golen stated as he attempted to contain his own laughter. "Are they mocking us?" Tom asked his Aipom who got fired up to attack. "There is no point restraining you so Aipom use Swift!" Tom shouted as Aipom's tail glowed white and shot a barrage of golden stars at an unsuspecting Emolga. "Emo!?" Emolga shouted as it got hit by Aipom's Swift. "Emolga!" shouted a worried Carly. "That's what it gets for underestimating Mr. Tom's star Pokémon." stated one of the students. "Emolga these guys are no joke so just listen to me so we can win this battle." Golen told an enraged Emolga who instead rushed to fight on its own. "Emo!" Emolga attacked repeatedly with Iron Tails but Aipom had effortlessly dodged them all. "What a rebellious character." Tom muttered as Emolga continued to rapidly attack. "Hey you jerk how about you control your Emolga!" shouted one of the children. "It's not like any of you kids could do any better!" Carly retorted. "Emolga!" Emolga wailed as it let out a Thunder that shattered the ground. "A reckless unstable attack is no match against the perfect combination between trainer and Pokémon, Aipom show them your vigor and endure that Thunder!" Tom shouted to everyone's surprise. "Ai-Pa!" Aipom wailed as it struggled to hold its ground against the powerful Electric attack. "What's up with him? Aipom can't take that Thunder for much longer." said a confused Carly as Tom let out a confident grin.

"Aipom absorb the electricity and unleash your strength in a passionate fist, ThunderPunch!" "Say what?" muttered a shocked Golen as Aipom's tail was surrounded by yellow spars before forming into a ball of electrical energy. As the ThunderPunch formed it quickly absorbed the Thunder thus increasing the size of the electric energy. Aipom then rushed at Emolga at an incredible speed and proceeded to punch the Sky Squirrel Pokémon right in the face with unparalleled force, sending it flying as it was caught by its trainer. "Idiot! I told that you couldn't win this without listening to me!" shouted an irritated Golen. "Emo, Emo!" Emolga shouted in response as the two started to bicker with each other. "Oh man they're completely outclassed in this battle and they're bickering with each other instead of cooperating to win this battle." said a worried Bianca. "Hey Golen get it together and win this!" Carly shouted. "Mr. Tom thrash those two!" shouted the children in response. "After seeing that reckless display I can assume that the broadcasted battle you won the other day was nothing more than a fluke." Tom stated as he remember watching Golen and Kyoya's battle on the television."It wasn't a fluke!" Golen shouted. "Oh really? You managed to defeat that Oshawott but do you really think you would have won had it not been for a type advantage and a few lucky breaks?" Tom asked him in response to the young trainer's confidence. "Oh course. Me and Emolga won because of our bond!" Golen angrily replied. "Bond? While a bond between trainer and Pokémon can create a miracle the relationship between you and Emolga is anything but a true bond. In fact in my own humble opinion I would characterize you as the typical idiot trainer who has no idea how to properly raise their Pokémon or even yourself and your Emolga would be classified as a typical hot headed Pokémon who is too arrogant to admit when it's been defeated." "What?" Golen replied irritated by Tom's arrogance. "Do you honestly believe that a mismatched duo like you two can defeat me?" Tom arrogantly asked the angered black-haired trainer. "Do you really think someone who doubts himself can achieve anything?" Golen asked in response to Tom's arrogance. "Huh?" "What's wrong? You always brag about being so perfect and elegant but if you really were as great as you said you were I would have lost by now!" Golen shouted out as Bianca looked on slightly saddened. "Emolga help me win this. I know you hate battling with me but I also know that you hate being looked down on."

"Emo!" Emolga shouted as it agreed to fight alongside its trainer. "Let's win this Emolga, Thunder!" Golen shouted before being interrupted by the Sky Squirrel Pokémon. "Emo, Emolga, Emo" "Oh yeah using Thunder will just help them power up their ThunderPunch. So use Acrobatics instead!" Emolga began to glide in the air moving at such a fast speed that it seemed as if there were 2 images of itself flying everywhere. "Do not be dazed use Swift!" Tom ordered as the Long Tail Pokémon released another barrage of golden stars. Emolga glided all around the arena gracefully dodging all of the stars. "Emolga use Iron Tail!" Golen commanded as Emolga quickly shifted from Acrobatics to Iron Tail. "ThunderPunch!" Tom commanded in response as Aipom confronted the Iron Tail with ThunderPunch. The two attacks collided and caused an explosion. "Aipom use Shadow Claw!" Aipom emerged from the smoke as one of its palms became surrounded in a black aura with a purple outline and then took the form of a claw. "Emolga dodge it!" Golen shouted as Emolga narrowly dodged the Shadow Claw. "I expected that you would fall for it." Tom smirked. "What?" "Aipom ThunderPunch!" Tom shouted as Aipom rebounded from the ground and quickly knocked Emolga down with a ThunderPunch. "Awesome! Mr. Tom Is the greatest!" the students shouted as they all looked on admiringly at their teacher. "So he used Shadow Claw as a feint to catch them off guard with a ThunderPunch?" Carly asked. "Yeah it was a classic strategy of his. He took complete advantage of Aipom's physical structure and used its arms to execute a weaker attack while using its tail to try and finish it off with a stronger one. I'd be surprised if Emolga could still battle." Bianca replied. "Emo." Emolga muttered as it was paralyzed from the ThunderPunch. "Seems like this is the conclusion of our showdown, Aipom SolarBeam!" Tom commanded as Aipom's tail opened up and began to absorb the bright sunlight. "Emolga get out of the way!" Golen shouted to no avail as Emolga was unable to move due to its paralysis. Much to Golen and Emolga's dismay Aipom had formed a golden orb of energy at the palm of its hand, signaling that it was ready to launch the decisive move. "No way am I really going to lose here." Golen thought as he stared at the SolarBeam trying to find a way out of their predicament. "Sayonara challenger!" Tom shouted as Aipom prepared to unleash its final attack. "Emolga get out of the way!" Carly shouted. "AIPA…." Before unleashing the SolarBeam Aipom was immobilized. "Impossible!" Tom shouted. "What happened?" Carly asked not knowing what happened. "Now I see. Aipom's paralyzed." Bianca stated in amusement at the change of events. "No way. But Emolga didn't connect with any of its Electric attacks so how was Aipom paralyzed?" Carly asked still confused. "It was because of Emolga's ability, Static." Bianca replied. "Static?" "It's an ability wielded by Electric Pokémon which can potential paralyze an opponent if they happen to make physical contact. You'd have to be an idiot to not know that." a student stated as they all laughed at Carly's expense. "Shut up you brats!" Carly shouted.

"So Aipom is paralyzed huh? Well Emolga let's finish this, Spark!" Golen commanded as Emolga overcame its paralysis and rushed at its opponent while engulfed with a light blue electric cloak. "There is no way, Aipom dodge it!" Tom shouted as Aipom was unable to move. Emolga smashed right into Aipom as a shining light flashed throughout the arena before the impact of Spark caused an explosion. As the smoke cleared Emolga stood over a defeated Aipom as it let out a victory roar. "Aipom is unable to battle and Emolga is the victor so the winner of this Gym Battle is the challenger Golen!" "Alright! I won my first badge! Thanks a lot Emolga you and the others were awesome." praised an overjoyed Golen. "Emo." Emolga muttered as it returned itself to its Pokéball much to Golen's disappointment. "Yeah he won!" Carly shouted in joy. "That was a great showing they both had." Bianca added along. "Take that you little brats." Carly bragged as the children cried in disappointment. "To think I was beaten by him. My battling style and strategy was perfect yet he managed to overcome it all and win. Huh what a guy." Tom thought as he recalled his fallen Aipom back into its Pokéball. After a while Golen with Carly and Bianca stood at the front of the gym anticipating his gym badge. "That was a magnificent battle. I apologize for my rude remarks about you as a trainer during our battle." Tom bowed ashamed of his actions. "No problem. We were caught in the heat of the battle and besides all that trash talk you did really helped motivate me to do better." Golen replied. "I am glad. Well as a symbol of your victory during our spectacular showdown I award you with the Basic Badge." Tom handed Golen a purple badge that resembled the spine of a book. "Thank you very much Tom. Alright, the Basic Badge is all mine!" Golen shouted in victory as his Cyndaquil cheered while his Snivy and Emolga instead remained indifferent. "Golen since you won your badge I think now is the perfect time to give you this." Bianca handed the joyful trainer a gold and white badge case that had a stylized Pokéball symbol in the middle of it. "A badge case? Thanks a lot Professor Bianca." "No need to thank me I just handed it to you at the request of Professor Juniper." Bianca replied. "Well give her my best wishes next time you see her." "I'll be sure to tell her. By the way are you heading out soon?" Bianca asked. "Yeah I was going to look for the nearest Gym after a good night rest." Golen answered. "If you want to challenge the closest Gym you should head to the one in Virbank City." Tom quickly stated. "Virbank City huh? Alright that's where I'm going next. Thanks for everything Tom, Professor and see ya later Carly." Golen shouted as he ran home. "He's off to Virbank City huh, how interesting. Well thanks for everything Professor." Carly shouted as she also ran home. "Tom by the look on your face I can tell that you're not the same as you were at the beginning of the battle." Bianca told the smiling young man. "Yeah. I had no idea that you met such a trainer, Professor." Tom replied. "Well he really is a unique one. I had a feeling he could have given you a good fight but I never expected him to affect you like this." stated an impressed Bianca. "Hmph you could tell huh? Well I guess this is the last time we will meet with each other for a while Professor no Mother." Tom stated as Bianca looked on in shock. "Farewell" Tom muttered as he walked away while Bianca shed a joyful tear.

"Check it out Grandma, Amy. I won my first badge." Golen bragged as he and his family sat in their living room. "Congratulations on your win dear." Emma praised. "Huh well I guess every trainer has his days." Amy replied not impressed. "If you're not impressed now just wait until I come back after winning the league." Golen brashly replied. "Don't get ahead of yourself dork. You just barely won your first badge and now you're bragging about an accomplishment that you aren't anywhere near close to achieving." Amy told the brash trainer. "Now Amy there's no need to try and bring your brother down. He did just take his first big step in competing in the league we should just let him be happy." Emma replied to Amy as Golen stuck his tongue at her. "Well guys I'm off to bed so I can head out early tomorrow so don't get too worried." Golen told the two as he left to bed. Both Amy and Emma exchanged worried looks which soon turned to hopeful smiles as they both headed to sleep as well. After a night rest it was a new day. "Amy, Grandma see ya later!" Golen shouted as he ran out the door. After reaching the edge of the city which lead to Route 19 Golen prepared to set out again. "Hold on!" shouted a voice as Golen looked back. "You two are, Tom and Carly!" Golen shouted in shock. "What are you guys doing here?" he added along. "After our battle the other day Golen I have decided to join you on your journey." Tom told him much to his surprise. "That battle with you made me realize that nothing can be perfect. I want to venture the world with a trainer like you so I could witness firsthand the dynamics of this world. I hope you understand." "Tom." Golen muttered surprised. "I figured that we might as well travel together considering all the time we spent together before. Besides you're obviously too reckless and impatient to be trusted to travel the world alone, so I'll be there to bail you out whenever you get yourself in trouble." Carly playfully told him. "Carly." Golen muttered. "Golen are you okay?" Tom asked as the two looked at a speechless Golen. "I've decided!" Golen shouted as he tightened his goggles. "Carly, Tom I accept your offers." Golen stated much to the joy of his new companions. "With the three of us together let's make this journey a fun one." Golen proclaimed as he extended his fist to them. "Heh yeah let's make this a memorable one." Carly confidently replied as she extended her fist as well. "Yes with a trio of valiant courageous warriors like us we will be sure to embark on an astounding and breathtaking expedition." Tom stated as he held out his fist and bumped fist with his two new friends. "Alright everyone let's GO!" Golen shouted as he ran towards the sun with his new allies in tow.

Narration: After obtaining his 1st badge Golen heads towards the next step on his way to the Pokémon League. With his new allies by his side what kind of adventures awaits him?

Major Events (6/31/13- 7/1/13): Golen reunites with Carly and meets Tom the Aspertia City Gym Leader.
    Golen defeats Tom in his first Gym Battle thus earning himself the Basic Badge along with obtaining a Badge Case from Bianca.
    Golen, Carly and Tom agree to travel together.
    Golen's Emolga is revealed to have Static as its ability.
    Golen's Snivy is revealed to know Iron Tail while his Cyndaquil is revealed to know Quick Attack and Flame Charge.

Characters:
    Golen
    Carly
    Tom (debut)
    Kyoya (flashback on TV)
    Amy
    Emma
    Bianca
    Students

Pokémon:
    Emolga (Golen's)
    Snivy (Golen's)