• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk routers

Years
  • So, routers! You know those things that provide your wifi right? They transmit a wireless signal which in turn carries packets for internet connectivity, in Layman's terms.

Do you use/own a router? What brand(s) of router(s) do you have? Is it like my router and combined with a modem, depending on your internet service provider's technology?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    My family use cisco routers, we have one downstairs, second floor and third floor. So everyone can browse/chat regardless

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • We have a TP-Link modem/router that's lasted for a year as of now after the ISP router died within 6 months. The connection isn't that great upstairs so we recently got a wifi extender- The only negative is that it reduces bandwidth for my downloads >:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The router I have right now, I'm very much used to it, even though I've had it for less than a month.

When I'd ordered Verzion's FiOS internet service for this new house I've moved into recently, they've told that they were going to send one to me if I'd paid around seven to eight extra dollars with my billing; I accepted. So far, I'm having no trouble with it at all.

Though, I'm planning to buy something of my own pretty soon (I could purchase it from them, but they're going to charge a good amount of money for it; I might be able to get a hold of something as good for much less), and when I do, I'm likely going to trade theirs in. Only thing I'm hoping is that I don't wind up regretting later on.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I used TP-Link Wireless Router that is given by my current internet provider, and it doubles as a modem too because the internet signal is transmitted from the phone cable. It's working well so far.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Me and my family share a normal Cisco router. That's all I really know about it. It's lets me go on the internet, and do stuff, so I guess that this router ain't too shabby when I think about it.

Back