• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2015 Writing Blitz Challenge (sign ups)

Bay

Years
  • Welcome to the 2015 Writing Blitz!
    Inspired by the first writing blitz in 2012 ran by Astinus

What's a writing blitz?
    It's a very relaxed writing competition that runs for an entire month. Anyone can join, with any writing goal, with any writing project.

To explain further, unlike National Novel Writing Month, participants don't have a set word goal to reach. The only goal is the one that you make for yourself. You'll have an entire month to work on this goal. It doesn't have to be a word goal either. You can say that you'll want to complete a certain amount of chapters, or write a few short stories. Whatever you want to do, that's fine.

What do you get by participating? A group of writers cheering each other on. There's still going to be a competitive spirit, and everyone can share their experiences, questions, answers, and tips with each other. And, of course, you get to make progress on your story!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR GOAL WILL LAST YOU THE MAJORITY OF THE MONTH.

It really wouldn't be fair for someone to have a really easy goal and plenty of time to do it in compared to someone else who set a difficult goal and little time to do it in.

(Example: I wouldn't pick writing three short stories for my goal, because I know that would only take me a half-hour. I would pick writing six chapters because I know that would take me nearly a month to write.)

Participants have from June 1 to July 1 to complete their goal.

How do you sign up?
    Just leave a post in this thread with your name and goal. That's it.

There will be a separate thread for everyone to share how they're doing. This thread is just for sign-ups.

Other Quick Mentions
    • I did the sign ups a bit earlier so that I give people some time to decide which fics they want to write for the challenge.
    • The weekly flash fiction challenges are accepted for this challenge too!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Oooh, I'm game!

Name: self-explanatory
    Goal: 20,000 words of The Eon Chronicles. Since I'll be doing Camp NaNo again in July with 30,000 words, I'll give myself some slack.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
  • Name: Negrek
    Goal: Draft chapters 21-25 of Salvage. Should be 25K-50K words.

I've been putting off writing this arc for waaaay too long, and now I need to actually buckle down and get it done since I'm kind of... right on its doorstep, oops.

Zeleia

StainRose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Eeep. Writing challenge. Sounds fun!

Name: Zeleia
    Goal: 35000 words of my current writing story.

It is less than Nanowrimo's word count but 35000 words seems so daunting to me.

Need.To.Plan!!!

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Ohhh what the hey, I'll bite;

Name: LeviathanX
    Goal: Attempt to finish a fanfic I haven't touched in, oh, say, 2+ years. Yikes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah, that should be helpful. I'm in. I hope non-stories are okay as well?

Name: Tora
    Goal: Finish the term paper I've been putting off for way too long, 1 chapter for each of my two German stories, 1 short story and maybe 1-2 chapters of Sharing Dreams.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Name: diamondpearl876
    Goal: Finish one chapter of Love and Other Nightmares, 2 letters from Flying in the Dark, and part I of a crossover fic

Should equal up to ~20,000 words.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Name: Astinus
    Goal: Prologue and Chapter One of "Currently-Unnamed-But-Let's-Call-It-Loyality-Still" Pokemon fic that I picked up for the first time in two years.

Oh, Astinus. You long for the days when you could write six chapters in a month. Bless.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Name: slashtiki
    Goal: Finish Episodes 01-04 of Dream Link Online .

I think that's reasonable. Eight Chapters since each episode is 2 Chapters long.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Put me down with my former name, Aquataris.

Name: Aquataris.
    Goals:
    WritePokemon Fanfiction: Child's Play
    Complete either all or 2 chapters of Skywards (Steampunk Short Story/Novel respectively -Length undetermined-)
    Write XCOM: Enemy Unknown fanfiction: XCOM: Retaliation (This Goal is subject to change as this Fanfiction is just an idea. )

Years
  • Name: Chicken Fingers
    Goal: Write about something other than chicken fingers.. Just kidding, I've never written about chicken fingers before. Actually plan out a story and write at least 25,000 words for it.

SetheKing

"Ignore him, for he...Yeah, he's dumb."
    Years
  • Name: SetheKing
    Goal: Write at least the four or five episodes of my Toqger PR adaptation, Spectrum Shine (Yes, I write Super Sentai-to-Power Rangers and Kamen Rider adaptations, just never posted them on here before.) and better flesh out my series bible for my Kamen Rider Universe project. Oh yeah, and make some progress on a Pokemon TCG-based fanfic too, because I do still wanna write that somehow.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Name: CrazyBunnyCoaster
    Goal: Actually finish one of my stories; I think this goal is perfect. I NEVER finish my stories, and I would really like to do that for once in my life. I usually write one or two chapters a day at most. So, I know this goal will possibly get me through the entire month. Not like I'm actually going to do the goal, but hey... it's worth a try, right?

Back