• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B/W Team Advice.

GunmetalTrey

Comp Stomper
Years
  • I'm new to this generation. As in, Ruby and Sapphire were my last ones. So I'm real unfamiliar with the new beasts.

I'd like to get some advice from some of you experts. Also, if you could critique and comment on my team - constructive feedback please, feel free to say I suck, just follow it up with an explanation as to why I suck.

Serperior - 36

Leaf Blade​
    Slam​
    Leaf Tornado​
    Cut​

Excadrill - 35

Dig​
    Slash​
    Rock Slide​
    Horn Drill​

Boldore - 31

Strength​
    Headbutt​
    Power Gem​
    Rock Slide​

Krokorok - 35

Crunch​
    Bite​
    Bulldoze​
    Dig​

Darmanitan - 35

Thrash​
    Hammer Arm​
    Flare Blitz​
    Fire Punch​

Joltik - 27

Bug Bite​
    Electroweb​
    Slash​
    Volt Switch​

Last edited:

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
    Years
  • ok man n you dnt suck evryone goes through a learning curve at some point or another and can you put the nature up because they can tell us what the best stat would be for your team members and allow us help you a bit better (i mean me and other people who will offer the expertise)

ye for starters id think about investin in a water or flying type (mainly water to cover fire, ground, rock and also so you could learn ice type moves to hit dragon types which you may find difficult facing in the game without) and someone to cover fighting type or a move to cover them, some good water type i would suggest are seismitoad (water/ ground i think), jellicent (water/ghost) swanna (water/flying).

also i would remove cut and strenght off your pokemon because you can gt a HM slave for those and plus you could teach moves that would help you out in your game to your main team plus you dnt exactly need HMs to get through the story.

as for your starter it learns some good attacks later on and also learns coil which raise it attack, defense and accuracy on level which would help you, as for your boldore if you plan on keeping on your team i would evolve it which you can do by trading to make it as strong as you can i would suggest if you plan on keeping it, damanitan and krokorok are excellent physical attackers which i would stick with them both. (also krokorok can learn dragon claw if you can obtain it, btim nt entirley sure if it can now as a krokorok or wen it evolves again jus to help you cover against dragon types)

and if you plan on keepin joltik it is a fast pokemon with decent electrical attacks and good offensive stats. also i would consider removing excadrill and boldore because you have krokorok who is a ground type and is all you need, and replace with a water pokemon and any type of your choice

i hpe i have helped inanyway bt if stil nt sure i PM me n il try and help you mre

also if ive missed anything out could someone explain for me please n sorry if it sounds noobish lol im tried

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just going to comment on your movesets before I move this to in-game team help for more comments (which is where it belongs).

Firstly, get rid of Dig on Excadrill as soon as you can - unless it has an Air Balloon (something that makes you immune to ground attacks for one turn) you're basically leaving yourself open for an OHKO because Dig doubles the damage EQ does, aand it's super effective. If you want a ground type attack, go with EQ instead.

Krokorok doesn't really need Bite and Crunch because Bite is weaker and generally less useful so that's a spot open you could use for another attack when you get to higher levels. Again with Dig, you'd be better off with EQ as soon as you can get it, since it's one turn, 100 power, yeaah more useful.

Oh and Power Gem = not useful on Boldore because it's Special, and Boldore's special stats (might wanna read about the physical/special split which occured in DPPt onwards, it affects the gameplay and move choices a bit) are really low in comparison to its attacking stats, so for Boldore you're really better off going with all other rock type attacks and maybe throw SR in there @ 36.

Either way nothing else really stands out to comment on, good luck with your team though :)

GunmetalTrey

Comp Stomper
    Years
  • Thanks guys, seriously, I've been trying to get responses for advice for two days and no one online has answered except you two haha.

I should update you on my team, they've grown since I posted this. Also on their natures for devilace. Then I'll get right those suggestions and dump some moves.

Serperior - 37 - Quirky Nature

Same moveset. Getting rid of Cut shortly, I had noticed no hindrance to the gameplay without HMs - unlike older generations.

Excadrill - 40 - Jolly Nature

Earthquake
    X-Scissor
    Dig (getting rid of it)
    Slash

Boldore - 35 - Mild Nature

Strength
    Rock Slide
    Power Gem
    Bulldoze

Krookodile - 40 - Modest Nature

Foul Play
    Crunch
    Dig (also getting rid of)
    Bulldoze

Darmanitan - 38 - Timid Nature

Thrash
    Flare Blitz
    Hammer Arm
    Fire Punch

I got rid of Joltik like five minutes after posting this. And I'm highly considering dropping Boldore altogether. I find myself not thrilled about training him, and I won't be able to trade him any time soon since I live on campus with bad internet - no world trading - and no one has the game nearby.

So basically I would just have those four monsters. Any huge suggestions for the other two open spots? Also, since I'm an in-game player, focused more on the Pokedex than battling, I go for cool looking and powerful ones. Think along the lines of the four I really like in my team. Thanks guys! :)

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
    Years
  • Thanks guys, seriously, I've been trying to get responses for advice for two days and no one online has answered except you two haha.

I should update you on my team, they've grown since I posted this. Also on their natures for devilace. Then I'll get right those suggestions and dump some moves.

Serperior - 37 - Quirky Nature

Same moveset. Getting rid of Cut shortly, I had noticed no hindrance to the gameplay without HMs - unlike older generations.

Excadrill - 40 - Jolly Nature

Earthquake
    X-Scissor
    Dig (getting rid of it)
    Slash

Boldore - 35 - Mild Nature

Strength
    Rock Slide
    Power Gem
    Bulldoze

Krookodile - 40 - Modest Nature

Foul Play
    Crunch
    Dig (also getting rid of)
    Bulldoze

Darmanitan - 38 - Timid Nature

Thrash
    Flare Blitz
    Hammer Arm
    Fire Punch

I got rid of Joltik like five minutes after posting this. And I'm highly considering dropping Boldore altogether. I find myself not thrilled about training him, and I won't be able to trade him any time soon since I live on campus with bad internet - no world trading - and no one has the game nearby.

So basically I would just have those four monsters. Any huge suggestions for the other two open spots? Also, since I'm an in-game player, focused more on the Pokedex than battling, I go for cool looking and powerful ones. Think along the lines of the four I really like in my team. Thanks guys! :)

ok thanks for the natures
    some pokemon i would suggest for would be the 3 water types i mentioned last time
    druddigon - canbe found in dragonspiral tower on the first floor
    a psychic type - gothita or solosis
    a scraggy - has really good defensive ststas and a decent attack stat
    elgyem - im not exactly sure about, they have pretty decent special attack stats
    Mienfoo - found on route 14, dragonspirla tower and victory road - have good attack and speed stats
    Deino - victory road a very good dark/dragon type

hpe this might help you out :) if need anymre help PM or VM and il do my best to help you out

Back