• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Caitlyn Jenner unveils herself

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Instead of posting in this thread, I figured that this deserved a whole thread, given that so much has happened since then.

The woman formerly known as Bruce Jenner has officially unveiled herself in Vanity Fair as Caitlyn Jenner - and she looks absolutely fantastic!

Spoiler:

While simultaneously breaking the record for the fastest rise to 1 million followers on Twitter with her new Twitter account, she's officially solidified her status as the world's most visible transgender figure and completed a very long journey to happiness.
    I'm so proud.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i must say, she does look really beautiful! as long as she is happy, that is all that matters. i think that is a big way to introduce her new self to the world by being on the cover of a magazine.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm very happy and proud of Caitlyn! She's definitely slaying on the cover of Vanity Fair.

Years
  • That is quite the reveal of your new gender self... on a magazine cover nonetheless. And I gotta say she's really showing off well in those pics.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • She is gorgeous and I'm so happy for her. I was so excited to see this news today. Really made me very happy. I think her story has really opened some eyes. Even my religious side of the family, after watching the E special on this before her transition, said that it was very eye-opening and that it was something that helped them better understand that situation. I hope that was the case for other people that have harsh or negative feelings towards trans people.

Sirfetch’d

God she is so beautiful and definitely an inspiration for so many. I applaud her so much for this :)

Hypocrates

shampain
    Years
  • I'm so proud of her! She looks so gorgeous and those photos really show off her features well. I hope that she can be a good role model for trans kids especially and show them that it is possible to live a happy life. I'm really so proud of how far she has come.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • She's incredibly amazing and beautiful. She's definitely a great inspiration~ ^^ And I hope this shows that society is changing for the better.

Years
  • I don't know much about Jenner, but I'm just really suspect about it all, especially due her position in the media industry and relations to the Kardashians. I suppose she'll milk this moment for all it's worth.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I don't know much about Jenner, but I'm just really suspect about it all, especially due her position in the media industry and relations to the Kardashians. I suppose she'll milk this moment for all it's worth.
    because someone is famous they can't be transgendered? Ok. to voice what others have said I'm super happy for her & am very, very glad that it (kind of) seems to be opening more peoples' eyes about all this shit.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • to voice what others have said I'm super happy for her & am very, very glad that it (kind of) seems to be opening more peoples' eyes about all this shit.

I feel the same way. Very happy for her and to see a generally positive reaction to this, definitely a sign that society is hopefully becoming more open. I have seen a fair share of negativity around this (a lot of it surrounding her being labelled as a hero) but I guess it will just take some time for the... less open side of society to accept this.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I don't know much about Jenner, but I'm just really suspect about it all, especially due her position in the media industry and relations to the Kardashians. I suppose she'll milk this moment for all it's worth.

The insinuation that someone (no less a public figure) would go through the trials of being transgender for media publicity aside, I don't have an issue with her milking the spotlight in this case. If I'm correct, this is probably the first time that the general public has witnessed a household name go through gender transition and bring attention to the subject. Off the top of my head I can think of Carmen Carrera and Christina Jorgensen (the original), but those two don't have the reach, influence and current accessibility that Caitlyn Jenner has right now. Not to mention that Jorgensen was widely mocked her entire life post-transition, whilst Caitlyn Jenner has had an overwhelming degree of support so far. Well, as much support as one could hope for and more.

She's already shown a dedication to making transgender issues visible worldwide and if she desires some glory for herself while she's at it, I really don't have any issue with it.

Years
  • because someone is famous they can't be transgendered? Ok. to voice what others have said I'm super happy for her & am very, very glad that it (kind of) seems to be opening more peoples' eyes about all this ****.

No, that's not the logic at all. Rather, I think she'll be able to reap in a lot of money that isn't deserved. You'll see that I'm on the opposite side of the fence as Harley God because I'm not one for making personal glory out of such issues.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • No, that's not the logic at all. Rather, I think she'll be able to reap in a lot of money that isn't deserved. You'll see that I'm on the opposite side of the fence as Harley God because I'm not one for making personal glory out of such issues.
    not sure what exactly I was trying to do there -- I kinda regret making that post. was going for some sort of Hyperbole Thing.... idk. I see where you're coming from but like Harley said I'm perfectly fine with her milking as much as she can out of this. someone's gotta be willing to shove this huge issue into the general population's line of sight. people need to actually learn about these things, and if she wants to make a "big deal" of it, more power to her.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    No, that's not the logic at all. Rather, I think she'll be able to reap in a lot of money that isn't deserved. You'll see that I'm on the opposite side of the fence as Harley God because I'm not one for making personal glory out of such issues.

I don't think she's actually getting any glory from this aside from the satisfaction of being in an era where such widespread support from public is possible, as she was going to transition 30 years ago regardless (back when her image wasn't tied to the Kardashians) but put it off to protect her family.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    It's awesome that Caitlyn has been able to do this, and is receiving so much support and raising awareness. That said, the ways that this is unfolding and the discourse around it have been imperfect. Laverre Cox and even Jon Stewart have raised some excellent points that are worth considering, and I hope that the conversation evolves accordingly in the coming years as trans issues gain visibility.

~Psychic

Years
  • I'm so beyond happy for her. I just hate how awful people have been about it. It hurts me to see people posting awful things about her transition, blatantly using the incorrect pronouns, and just other bigoted stuff.
    On the plus side, I have a few friends who now have a better understanding of the concept of what it means to be transgendered. Someone I previously argued with about it not being a choice/etc. now realizes she was completely wrong.

She's a heroine for doing what she's done.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I think this is actually amazing of her. She's showing that transgenders should not be afraid of their true identity. She's showing a ton of bravery for this, and I honor her for that as a supporter. I'm very proud of her for opening up about her story and journey. Who cares if she's friends with the Kardashians. I don't see how that makes her a person to be hated. If anything, I think it's a step up for the Kardashians to even be supporting her. I mean, they're usually two caught up in doing shit for themselves and not caring about anyone else.

Back