• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings!

Years
Hello Everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my greeting thread!

I've been into Pokemon since I was little and adore the franchise. However, I have always played casually and I am looking to change that! Hopefully joining this forum will help with that!

I am currently trying to complete my pokedex (At 627 pokemon) and looking to help and be helped by others attempting the same thing.

I look forward to sinking my teeth into the community life of the forum!

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Thank you for making an intro thread! It's always nice to see new members joining our ranks; reading and replying is the least we can do, right?~

Completing the Pokedex is a pretty arduous task these days, no? Not at all like it was back in the day when we only had 151 Pokemon to contend with. Your best bet for filling up those empty spaces is to check out the Trade Corner board - if you're looking for just a quick trade, or something a bit more long-term in terms of setting up your own shop, it's got everything you'll need. People are pretty prompt in there, so it should definitely help you achieve your goal!

If you're looking to get into competitive battling (good luck to you! I'm far too intimidated by the metagame to get back into it now...plus IV breeding is too much of an effort for someone as lazy as me, aha) you'll want to check out the Battling & Team Building board, where you'll be able to get advice and feedback on your planned teams...and victims people to test them out on!

Those are the two areas relevant to your interests based on what you've told us in your intro post, but don't be afraid to check out other areas of the forum too! If you're stuck for where to start, the Helpful Links thread is a quick and useful guide to the rest of the forum that might point you in the right direction. Of course, if you're stuck regardless, don't be afraid to ask for assistance :3

Anyways, if you ever need anything, or just want to chat, feel free to VM or PM me anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Years
Thank you for the warm welcome and the shed load of information! It was more than I was expecting!

I am thinking about competitive battling (although, the idea honestly scares me! It seems super time consuming!) and obviously want to complete my pokedex for the coveted shiny charm! Although, completing it at this point it seems somewhat like a dream.

I will take a look at the boards you mentioned!

Once again, thank you for taking the time top write such a detailed and useful message!

Years
Well thank you for the kind words! I always like to welcome new faces and I'm sure you won't be left out either. Hope everything's going well Claudaine!

If you're interested in battling and trading, Zeria's got those covered so do consider poking around those sections which are always active among many users here. PC is after all, about bringing people together and we love it when new faces come along for the ride. Zeria also mentioned the Helpful Links thread if you're looking for some of the best places to chit-chat, but feel free to see what else interests you.

Anyways, don't hesitate to ask if you need a helping hand or just want to talk. I'm always open for a message anytime, and I hope you have a fantastic time here as well!

- Hikamaru

Years
Thank you for the warm welcome Hikamaru!

Everyone has been very welcoming so far! I'm really enjoying my experience here!

I'll definitely check out the helpful link thread for places to chitchat!

Hopefully I'll see you around! And if I have any concerns I'll be sure to message you, without being a bother!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
:p late again!
Anyways welcome to the forum!
I hope u enjoy it here haha i do have a question do u like N? Hes one of my fav characters :3
I never wanted to finish the pokedex all to busy haha but ik the trade corner will help u with that they pride themselves on helping others with that stuff. Anyways good to see u wanna get into the community i hope too see u posting around haha and if u got any questions or wanna talk feel free to vm me! :)

Years
You're really close to completing your 'dex! I ended up moving 560 or so Pokemon over from X to Alpha Sapphire so finishing mine up in these newer games wasn't too difficult.. would love to help sometime if you're ever looking. Much luck and hope you'll find what you're on the hunt for. :3

Anyways, hi there Claudaine. ^_^ Welcome to PC, good choice joining us here. Competitive battling shouldn't scare you at all, really, it's not too difficult to get the hang of plus battling with friends or other players always brings so much thrill and excitement. I'm quite bad at it myself and always get my behind handed to me on Pokemon Showdown but nonetheless it's always exciting to participate in.

Have a blast! Seems like you're going to fit in swimmingly so stick around.

Years
Hello Dedenne1!

Why yes! I do love N xD How could you tell? xD

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to come to you if I have any questions :D

Sheep! Hello ^^

It's getting to the point where all I need to do is trade now. Either pokemon that can only evolve by trade, or pokemon I don't have! So please do help! I'm not looking for anything outrageous xD Mostly just a few starters... and Gastly!

The current count is 658! I hope the shiny charm is worth all the effort xD

I would really love to get into competitive battling, even if everyone beat me xD It just seems like the next logical step, since I already watch people on youtube who do competitive battles! Hopefully we'll have a battle some time in the future.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'll make sure to stick around!

Back