• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Shadow Emerald

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    I know, unoriginal name, but I have been wanting to do a rom hack for years and have finally worked up the courage to do so.

Features:
    Shadow Pokemon (obviously)
    New Storyline
    New Pokemon
    New Map
    Possibly New Characters

Things to Know:
    I wanted the players to have the opportunity to have regular or shiny Pokemon, so I have recolored the original shiny version of each Pokemon into a "shadow" version of the Pokemon. I have also raised the "Shiny Encounter" chance so you are guaranteed to see a regular or shadow version of each Pokemon. Every Pokemon is this way with the exception of the starters. The starters natural and shiny version have both been modified into Shadow Pokemon so you are guaranteed a Shadow starter without constantly restarting.

HELP
    As this is my first rom hack, I would love to hear any critiques or pointers. I have not started changing the storyline or map and would like to know the best way to go about it, information is much appreciated <3

Screenshots:
    Here's a few screenshots of how it looks so far.
    Pretty basic for now sadly.

Attachments

• Pokemon Shadow Emerald
      shadowtreeko.png
      39.9 KB · Views: 165
    • Pokemon Shadow Emerald
      shadowtorchic.png
      11 KB · Views: 117
    • Pokemon Shadow Emerald
      shadowmudkip.png
      11.5 KB · Views: 100
    • Pokemon Shadow Emerald
      battle2.png
      12.4 KB · Views: 103
    • Pokemon Shadow Emerald
      battle3.png
      11.9 KB · Views: 87

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • In my opinion. You do not make it good... Only some minor map changing and others... Why not to double pokemon spaces. And make it Dark Versions and put at the same number as the normal pokemon? That give you four palletes for every pokemon <Like formes also> So. Normal, Shiny, Dark and Bloody <Shiny Dark>

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    Sorry, been really busy lately with moving and a lot of work.
    This game is still very early in development and the images shown are just me testing out some reskins. I would be changing the map, characters, storyline, etc.
    I was debating how to incorporate regular colored pokemon into the game still and adding new ones, but I thought if you put them as the same number it would override them and possibly cause the game to crash?

Back