• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese names?

Years
  • Hiya, I was just wondering what the Japanese names for the Poke Spe characters are.
    I'm sometimes old fashoined and I like calling most of my fave characters by their Japanese names, like Ash, Satoshi.
    I've had many different answers, I just want the most accurate names.
    If you can, give me all of the names for the all the Dex holders, cuz I love all of them, I just wanna know.
    (I hope there's not another thread like this...>.>)

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    All the Dex Holder names are exactly the same, except that Blue and Green's names were switched in the american version.

Years
  • Oh yeah! I just notice that. xD
    Yeah, I'm old fashioned, I call the guy Green and the girl Blue, because I think it fits more.
    Okay! This was a stupid thread, haha. *flails on floor*

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Hiya, I was just wondering what the Japanese names for the Poke Spe characters are.
    I'm sometimes old fashoined and I like calling most of my fave characters by their Japanese names, like Ash, Satoshi.
    If you can, give me all of the names for the all the Dex holders, cuz I love all of them, I just wanna know.

All the dex holder's names are exactly the same. (except for of course the change with Blue and Green's name.)

I just call the boy Green and the girl Blue. (:

But, I know that the nicknames for some of the pokemon are different.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Hiya, I was just wondering what the Japanese names for the Poke Spe characters are.

Are you talking about how to say there names in Japanese because they do not really have any English dub names with the exception of Blue and Green names were switch. The wikipedia page on 'Pokemon Adventure protagonist' page show something about how to say their names in Japanese. I do not know it is correct or not because wikipedia is not a reliable source.

Last edited:
    Back