• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn: Make a Wish [T] [OOC]

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Name: Bulbronze
    Type: Grass
    Species:Glow Grass Pokemon or Artificial Growth Pokemon (Whichever you wanna go with, if we go with AG then it applies to all three)
    Poke'dex Entry: When it is happy its bulb turns bright yellow.This accelerates its growth, allowing it to become more powerful, more quickly.
    Ability: Overgrow
    Spoiler:

Brief design description: The bulb on its head is of course where he gets his name, but also because bulb as in a plant that is yet to bloom. (Like Bulbasaur) The rest of the design is pretty generic.

At level 14 it evolves into...

Name Ampivy
    Type: Grass/Electric
    Species: Glow Grass Pokemon
    Poke'dex Entry: It uses the appendage growing on its head, to freely manipulate the orb of electricity that used to be a bulb. The core on its stomach is used to manage these flows of electricty and circulate them all through its body.
    Ability: Lightningrod
    Spoiler:

Brief design descrption: As you've probably worked out, its design has taken heavy influence from that of the Sceptile line. Especially since it's grown the blades on its wrist. This is why Sydan was able to confide it his Treecko so easily.

At level 36 it evolves into...

Name:Boltree
    Species:Glow Tree
    Poke'dex Entry: Dunno, the one I made back in 2010 sucks and I cant think of a new one so...
    Ability:Lightningrod
    Spoiler:

Brief design description: The only reason I even pitched the trio, I genuinely think even my drawing of it looks pretty cool.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • A very important question, technology often gets passed down in different priorities, Firstly the military, then several years later the common people get access to it and sometimes at high prices. Schools are usually at the tail end of technology. Also will our characters be surprised by this technology? Is it normal? Do we have it where we come from (we = our characters)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Hella.

Looks pretty awesome; the designs look a bit plain, but they really have potential. I thought of a design but it's a different colour and stuff so nvm me
    I'm guessing Team Zodiac doesn't like Electric pokemon that much? ;p
    Lol, thanks. I agree with you about the design being plain. I was hoping some one more talented than me could add a few touch ups and make it look better. I'm guessing Team Zodiac aren't fans of the likes of Rotom, Porygon, Mewtwo e.t.c

Years
  • Name: Bulbronze
    Type: Grass
    Species:Glow Grass Pokemon or Artificial Growth Pokemon (Whichever you wanna go with, if we go with AG then it applies to all three)
    Poke'dex Entry: When it is happy its bulb turns bright yellow.This accelerates its growth, allowing it to become more powerful, more quickly.
    Ability: Overgrow
    Spoiler:

Brief design description: The bulb on its head is of course where he gets his name, but also because bulb as in a plant that is yet to bloom. (Like Bulbasaur) The rest of the design is pretty generic.

At level 14 it evolves into...

Name Ampivy
    Species: Glow Grass Pokemon
    Poke'dex Entry: It uses the appendage growing on its head, to freely manipulate the orb of electricity that used to be a bulb. The core on its stomach is used to manage these flows of electricty and circulate them all through its body.
    Ability: Lightningrod
    Spoiler:

Brief design descrption: As you've probably worked out, its design has taken heavy influence from that of the Sceptile line. Especially since it's grown the blades on its wrist. This is why Sydan was able to confide it his Treecko so easily.

At level 36 it evolves into...

Name:Boltree
    Species:Glow Tree
    Poke'dex Entry: Dunno, the one I made back in 2010 sucks and I cant think of a new one so...
    Ability:Lightningrod
    Spoiler:

Brief design description: The only reason I even pitched the trio, I genuinely think even my drawing of it looks pretty cool.
    This would definitely be interesting. I can see where this could come up in the major plot.
    If you have any other original attack ideas, I'd be more than welcome to discuss them with you.
    Tree Forge: I can see this as either a Protect/Absorb idea. Almost like a reverse Spiky Shield. The damage that would have been dealt instead gives HP to the user.
    I can also see it as a cross between Wood Hammer and Avalanche - Logs being hurled at the opponent and lowering its Def.
    Shock Frenzy: Perhaps a Shock Wave that strikes all units nearby.

Some of my ideas:
    -Needle Storm: Akin to Leaf Storm but deals less damage and either lowers Spd or has a chance to Paralyze.
    -Bulb Blast: A Physical Thunder that has 70% accuracy. It has 100% accuracy if the target is Paralyzed.

A very important question, technology often gets passed down in different priorities, Firstly the military, then several years later the common people get access to it and sometimes at high prices. Schools are usually at the tail end of technology. Also will our characters be surprised by this technology? Is it normal? Do we have it where we come from (we = our characters)
    I don't know if I like the idea of a military rather than law enforcement, but I get from where you're coming. Going along with a previous statement, I believe there should be some Human law enforcement, but it would be interesting if Robots made up a bulk of the force but only performed single or menial tasks.
    I like the idea that only a privileged few have access to most/some of these technologies. Perhaps the top 100-20 Trainers of the Championship are awarded with these technologies. Are there any technologies that would only be awarded to a Champion? Perhaps an advancement applied to any Pokeball that would grant it a 100% chance of obtaining the Pokemon?
    Addressing your previous suggestions, I'll provide some feedback.
    Gauntlet/Smartwatch: I like the idea, but I think it would be cool if they were customized. It could be a GPS, wild Pokemon tracker, Battle Recorder, and even a PC system, so Pokemon can be obtained/traded wherever whenever.
    Pokemon Center: What if we went in the opposite direction? They are stalls or stations that automatically heal Pokemon and dispense items for purchase automatically with no human interactions. There can still be PokeHospitals, but those would be few and far between for unusual ailments and more severe injuries. I like the idea of nature being as important to Hoenn as technology, so their advancements means downsizing to prevent too much invasion into wild habitats.
    Clothing Enhancement: I very much like this idea. Repels body odor/sweat. Never dirties or wets. Available in any style and fully customized.
    Vehicles: I'm largely against this idea going with my above opinion that Hoenn seeks a balance between technology and nature. They encourage travelling either by foot or bicycle. Boats are used only for those without Pokemon to swim (considering the distance required to swim) and planes for those without Pokemon to fly. Physical fitness would be common among the Hoenn People. Almost a kind of Utopia with some still unsatisfied (Team Zodiac).

Years
  • Looks pretty awesome; the designs look a bit plain, but they really have potential. I thought of a design but it's a different colour and stuff so nvm me
    I'm guessing Team Zodiac doesn't like Electric pokemon that much? ;p
    Well, electricity itself isn't "unnatural." Harnessing that to activate mechanisms is unnatural, however. ;)

Lol, thanks. I agree with you about the design being plain. I was hoping some one more talented than me could add a few touch ups and make it look better. I'm guessing Team Zodiac aren't fans of the likes of Rotom, Porygon, Mewtwo e.t.c
    I think our imagination can fill it out enough ;)
    Hmm....>.> That makes me think...

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I don't know if I like the idea of a military rather than law enforcement, but I get from where you're coming. Going along with a previous statement, I believe there should be some Human law enforcement, but it would be interesting if Robots made up a bulk of the force but only performed single or menial tasks.
    I agree, I was talking in general (circumstances) with the military. Law enforcement is what will fit.
    I like the idea that only a privileged few have access to most/some of these technologies. Perhaps the top 100-20 Trainers of the Championship are awarded with these technologies. Are there any technologies that would only be awarded to a Champion? Perhaps an advancement applied to any Pokeball that would grant it a 100% chance of obtaining the Pokemon?
    I guess, but isn't that essientially already around, the masterball? What about, for general high level trainers, you have a pokeball that would not break on release. For the champion, I think if the trainer profession becomes more and more common perhaps the gym leaders/champions begin to get busier and busier (Think Skylar in BW067) Perhaps you could have the gym leaders using things like their battles with holograms? (actualy battles and actual pokemon, but kinda like battling 3 seperate battles in 3 different DSs. Or perhaps you have more gym leaders. Perhaps some wealthy trainers make reality tv shows of their trainer journey.

Gauntlet/Smartwatch: I like the idea, but I think it would be cool if they were customized. It could be a GPS, wild Pokemon tracker, Battle Recorder, and even a PC system, so Pokemon can be obtained/traded wherever whenever.
    I like the idea, I meant something multipurpose, as you said. Like Bulbapedia, GPS and etc all included as apps
    Gauntlet Idea, kinda like this, I cant find anything specific to pokemon.
    Hoenn: Make a Wish [T] [OOC]

Pokemon Center: What if we went in the opposite direction? They are stalls or stations that automatically heal Pokemon and dispense items for purchase automatically with no human interactions. There can still be PokeHospitals, but those would be few and far between for unusual ailments and more severe injuries. I like the idea of nature being as important to Hoenn as technology, so their advancements means downsizing to prevent too much invasion into wild habitats.
    I agree, although there seems to be somekind of thing like stations and stuff. Perhaps you could have like bank accounts associated with your gauntlet/pokedex.
    Clothing Enhancement: I very much like this idea. Repels body odor/sweat. Never dirties or wets. Available in any style and fully customized.
    Perhaps (a more fictional idea) You could have colour changers. You'll still have to think about how to have some downsides, nobody will believe things are infalliable, this applies to all of these ideas. But perhaps they can't get dirty or wet but they can get worn.
    Vehicles: I'm largely against this idea going with my above opinion that Hoenn seeks a balance between technology and nature. They encourage travelling either by foot or bicycle. Boats are used only for those without Pokemon to swim (considering the distance required to swim) and planes for those without Pokemon to fly. Physical fitness would be common among the Hoenn People. Almost a kind of Utopia with some still unsatisfied (Team Zodiac).
    Personally I am neutral about this. Remember technology in real life leans towards aiding people's inherent laziness. You don't need to add that in. But I wish to point out, will gyms be dual-purpose, physical fitness and battling? or what other thing provides the demand for physical fitness, remember not every person is a trainer and will not have chance to gallavant around the region, building up fitness that way.

Also you are going to have to think about food, and such, I suggest reading a site that has excellent help. Since we're not allowed to post links outside because it'd be advertising, here's a link to the writing rescourses thread, it which I linked there.

As I final note I wish to say that this is beginning to get interesting, but, since we've been talking about this future setting, it doesn't work with my original character idea, because I thought of a very generic trainer. After we hammer out the technology, then I shall apply, is that ok for you?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Perhaps (a more fictional idea) You could have colour changers. You'll still have to think about how to have some downsides, nobody will believe things are infalliable, this applies to all of these ideas. But perhaps they can't get dirty or wet but they can get worn.
    Personally I am neutral about this. Remember technology in real life leans towards aiding people's inherent laziness. You don't need to add that in. But I wish to point out, will gyms be dual-purpose, physical fitness and battling? or what other thing provides the demand for physical fitness, remember not every person is a trainer and will not have chance to gallavant around the region, building up fitness that way.

In terms of the clothes issue, I think self-drying and self-cleaning would be a more practical solution as apposed to clothes that never get wet or never get dirty. For the fitness thing, what if we had something called a trainer centers which are essentially like gyms/leisure centers . With physical activities for young people aspiring to be trainers (This doesnt mean people who don't want to be trainers couldn't use it)

Years
  • I have to head to work soon and I won't be on very often tomorrow, but let me add a couple points.

Perhaps Masterballs weren't created anymore (because of this technology). In the games you can only get one and I haven't seen any in the anime (not that I watch it anymore).

What if GLs could just hold double and triple battles? And I wouldn't be adverse to having more than 8 GLs.

I just like the idea of the Gauntlet being customized to fit the person's style, so make it a watch or a pair of glasses or a hand-held item, just for the sake of variety. It would feel to commercialized if everyone had the same of everything.

PokeStations/Clothes, I like.

Well, that's the reality in this world, but the Pokemon world could/would be different. Even so, I understand from where you're coming.
    But yes, not all People have Pokemon for transportation, so there will still be lifts, trains, boats, etc. I guess it depends how much we're scaling the world. Would Rustboro City be the size of a large city (Atlanta, GA) or like a larger town? You're right, there's no need to take out cars and such.

Your character doesn't have to embrace technology. It would certainly make things more interesting with someone who steers clear from PokeStations and uses berries and sleep to heal Pokemon or who keeps a ledger of Pokemon information. Of course it will affect their attitude and personality, but they don't have to be so associated with it.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    I've always had this idea that there is like Pokemon World I Pad. Namely, the "Pokepad." Of course, you can have different apps. Like a map, gps, a built in Pokedex. A team tracker. Basically, any logical thing you can imagine.

For the Verdanturf Battle Stadium, I mentioned that Holt's dad is a frequent battler there and his mom is a contest judge.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Your character doesn't have to embrace technology. It would certainly make things more interesting with someone who steers clear from PokeStations and uses berries and sleep to heal Pokemon or who keeps a ledger of Pokemon information. Of course it will affect their attitude and personality, but they don't have to be so associated with it.
    Would it be out of line to have a character who doesn't embrace technology, a pokemon breeder, no pokeballs or anything. AND have a normal one? These will be hanging around with different people. This is mainly because I like to go and do something which not many people will do, as in the non-technological one, but I also want to play around with thse technologies. With the non tech one, I'll go the whole hog with that, no pokeballs and such.
    Damn it, I forgot what I was going to say in the rest.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I've always had this idea that there is like Pokemon World I Pad. Namely, the "Pokepad." Of course, you can have different apps. Like a map, gps, a built in Pokedex. A team tracker. Basically, any logical thing you can imagine.

For the Verdanturf Battle Stadium, I mentioned that Holt's dad is a frequent battler there and his mom is a contest judge.
    I think the concept here is very similar, except its an appliance instead of just a tablet...so like on a bag or a wrist gauntlet etc.

Would it be out of line to have a character who doesn't embrace technology, a POKEMON breeder, no pokeballs or anything. AND have a normal one? These will be hanging around with different people. This is mainly because I like to go and do something which not many people will do, as in the non-technological one, but I also want to play around with thse technologies. With the non tech one, I'll go the whole hog with that, no pokeballs and such.
    Damn it, I forgot what I was going to say in the rest.

Obviously I cant speak for the GM, but from what I've read you are allowed to have multiple characters. Plus he seems pretty laid back to that sort of thing. So I would assume its fine

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Okay one thing is that the pokemon universe is already kind of advanced, so some of these things are almost already in there. What I am referring to is that the Pokepad is esscientally a downgrade of the Pokedex of Kalos and we already have a poketech thing from other games, to make this seem like an actual advancement we'd have to emphasise it or just giving it unrealistc boosts in things.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    I was thinking of the Pokepad being more like a modern day tablet. You can play games on it and stuff along with having useful apps.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Liking the idea, but there has to be other options too. Like you know.. Phones.
    When did I say it was exclusively the only technology they have. It's a trainer tech companion.

There was a masterball in the anime though... It got eaten by a Whiscash.
    Your point? This isn't based off the anime

Slateport needs to have hi tech trains and stuff. It's the city where foreigners arrive. XD
    Those transports could be replaced.

Well, it is pretty much a sandbox rp so... I do wonder if Pokemon rangers are allowed. v_v I mean, you know, apart from the Officer Jennys.
    Who talked about Rangers? How does being a sandbox rp stop from someone playing as a ranger. My character has pokemon who are trained to follow them.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    In fairness, I was originally going to make Sydan's(My character) mum a pokemon ranger, but she's kinda old. At this point she'd be at least 40, so she's simply a former ranger instead. Also I didn't, think the GM(can't remember his profile name, I'll probably come up with an annoying nickname eventually) would approve of my Sydan's special ability

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Calm down, tiger. :) Just saying opinions.
    I apologize for responding harshly.
    You didn't; I just suggested it. You know, since everybody's pushing the idea of a gauntlet.. let me just slide over the idea of phones.
    We're focusing on new technology, phones are still used. Although that is a good point, if we look at the anime, almost half of their problems could be solved by using their phones. Which they obviously have/have technology for.
    I was just quoting a reference. This is the OOC thread after all. :(
    But it seemed to be a criticism as you quoted something and referenced a contradictory... idea? whatever, thats why I was harsh as it seemed you tried to make a point.

I know, but hey. Not every transportation should be gone. Every town and city is unique in it's own way. Some have trains, some can only be accessed via flying-type Pokemon and the like. And you know, some can just be like a regular city with bicycles and stuff.
    I actually agree, a major part I see on some of my writing resources about the writing the future is that "just because the future is here, it doesn't make the old disappear." And yeah.

I've decided with my character that they still use some of the new tech but prefer to use traditional way of things.

Like I said, I was just curious. v_v;; Sorry for that random thought then.
    See above.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    You didn't; I just suggested it. You know, since everybody's pushing the idea of a gauntlet.. let me just slide over the idea of phones.

If it seem like I'm shipping the Gauntlet idea heavily, its because I am. I absolutely adore the Idea, and the pic had me swooning as well:3c. I understand what you were saying about phones though, we don't all have to use them. I'm pretty sure it will work similarly to the mega bracelets, where we all have our own different tech. So Phones, gauntlets, tablets, maybe even glasses.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Are there any open spots in this RP?

I believe so. If you wish to be part of Team Apocalypse, pm your SU to Fennik (can't remember his whole name). I recommend that since I'm not sure if we have any. You can also be like us and just be a trainer. For that you can just put your sign up in this thread.

Back