• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Creation Trio, Dragons of space, time and antimatter.

Your favorite member of The Creation Trio

• Dialga

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Palkia

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Giratina

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • So in the fourth generation, we were introduced to new legendaries, in my opinion some of the most important ones.

Dialga controls Time, Palkia controls space and Giratina controls antimatter and Distortion world (coolest place ever).

Which one is your favorite? And Why?

After playing Platinum for the first time this year, Giratina became my favorite. It's really hard to choose though, but design-wise its a close tie between Giratina and Dialga, with Giratina outweighing a bit. A huge snake dragon with huge dark wing things. It's a beast. But a (sort of) peaceful one. It's also in control of Distortion world, a place I fell in love with after spending just few minutes in.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Design-wise, Giratina wins (assuming Origin Form). Outside of Origin Form, then Dialga wins in the looks department. I've always found Giratina to be be the most useful of the trio, too, so there's really no question as to my favourite.

In fact, the only place any of them other than Giratina wins is in the powers department. Complete control of time sounds pretty cool.
    Sorry, Palkia. You just don't measure up.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I really like both Giratina and Dialga. Palkia's alright but it's not as cool as the other two design-wise. My favourite out of the trio would probably be Giratina however.

Not only was it the first mascot I encountered out of the three of them but the fact that it has two forms over one makes it feel better compared to the other two. We're also given the ability to explore the alternate reality/universe it came from giving us an more indepth idea about it compared to Dialga and Palkia.

Design-wise, its also probably my favourite. The appearance suits its origins perfectly, being ominious, detailed and rather dark. The colours also went well together and overall was done nicely on Gamefreak's part.

Giratina also feels like the head honcho of the trio and therefore deserves my respect more. I mean sure, Dialga's title of controller of time's amazing but you have to admit that Giratina's pretty cool. :D

Years
  • I voted for Dialga because I like its design and color scheme more than the other two, but all three do look awesome in the end. It's mainly my bias for blue-colored Pokemon that lead to my vote, but controlling time looks like an awesome ability to do.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • I chose dialga because pokemon diamond was my very first pokemon game.. and i like what its represent (: second is giratina

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    They're all rather great in their own right, but I do find myself preferring one over others.

Of all these three Pokémon, I would say my most favorite is Giratina. It's ghost-dragon, first and foremost, which is a very uncommon type-combination; this makes it pretty unique, I feel. Secondly, unlike Dialga and Palkia, it seems to have a secondary form, making it stand out even more.

Dialga and Palkia do control time and space, respectively, but Giratina has a universe of its own; in my mind, this sort of causes it to top them both.

Years
  • All three of them are very cool Pokémon, but I still prefer Palkia over either of them - the design is more appealing for me and I like its mix of stats and usability. Dialga is certainly good too, though.

Years
  • All three of them are cool, with unique abilities (no wonder Cyrus went mad).
    Giratina tops them both; I like it better than the other two. I only voted for Dialga because it is the controller of time.

Galmar

Banned
    Years
  • Palkia, because he was the first of the 3 I used, and was the best for me when I did use the other two.

Years
  • Dialga is my favorite. I love that thing. His design is badass and he is the first Sinnoh legend I ever obtained. I used him in my first play through and he was awesome. I still have him. So theres a nostalgia factor attached to Dialga for me.

Girantina would be my second favorite though. His design is amazing and I love his unique typing, Ghost/Dragon. Seriously, this thing goes perfectly with that typing. Both forms look epic.

Palkia is meh. Haha.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I love Dialga. It is my absolute favorite legendary from Sinnoh. It looks awesome and is an amazing pokemon. It has helped me with so many battles. More so than any other pokemon. xD I still have my first one from Diamond when I played it for the first time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Up to a little while ago, Dialga was my fave followed very closely by Giratina. I got a Giratina from one of my friends, and as soon as I used it it became my favorite. It's typing in my opinion is better than the other two, and even its sprite/model looks better. I haven't personally played Platinum, but I'm sure I'd like it.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I had to choose Palkia, because it was the one I spent most time with. I had Girantina for a time but just really didn't use it all too much. That and Spatial Rend just sounded like the coolest thing ever. It's probably best I choose Palkia all the same Because I only have Pokémon Pearl.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Giratina. Freaking. Giratina. It's by far the most awesome one. Not only does it manage to be somewhat cute in one form (thanks Movie number... uh... 13? I think? It was the one with Shaymin in it) and creepily awesome in its natural form, it also has its very own dimension and not one but two battle themes (the generic one in Diamond and Pearl and its very own theme in Platinum.) And it saves everybody's butts by interrupting Cyrus just as he's about to destroy everything, technically making it the main hero in Platinum. If it didn't intervene everything would have been lost.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I prefer Girantina myself. It's origin forme is graceful yet strikingly scary. It has a really interesting backstory and is the god of anti-matter. Talk about cool.

pkmin3033

Yeah, if I have to pick just one, I'm going Giratina as well - more so it's six-legged eldritch abomination form than its Origin form, but still. Ghost/Dragon is the best type combination yet, and it's also the mascot for my favourite game, Platinum. It's face does look a bit like a duck, though.

Although I am very fond of Dialga, who we used to call Time Pony. Palkia got the less flattering nickname of "Space Phallus" because of it's back sprite. Despite it's usefulness, Palkia is just generally not very good in terms of design. xD

Back