• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Manaphy and Phione

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Spr_4p_490.png
    Spr_4p_489.png

The elusive Manaphy, unobtainable via regular means and instead through events and Pokemon Ranger, was introduced in the fourth generation games alongside Phione, another member of the sea guardians. One of their most unique traits is that they're both breedable; when bred Manaphy will produce an offspring Phione, which does not evolve. Phione can also be bred with Ditto to produce more Phione.

What do you think of these two? Did you have them in your fourth generation games? Ever used them?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not a huge fan, honestly. ;( I think they're both pretty useless. I could be wrong though, cause I recall Manaphy being good in competitive at some point? Not sure, since I haven't done competitive battling since the shoddy days.

So back when you could get the Manaphy egg through Pokemon Ranger, well lol that was the only reason I even bought that game. I've since sold it because it's probably my least favorite spin off, but yeah. I never did get it that way. I didn't get to have my own Manaphy til gen VI. But the one I have is shiny so yay? I hope it's legit.

Anyway, yeah. Not big on the two, but I wish Phione was the better one of the duo. I just like its design more. Also, isn't Manaphy the Prince of the Sea? Why isn't it male exclusive then? Oh well. :<

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I did actually. Playing Pearl I got the Manaphy you get through Pokemon Ranger; it was a mainstay of my team. Unfortunately it's stuck in Pokemon Black because Poketransporter isn't free to use. :I

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I've always loved Manaphy! It is surprisingly more useful in Diamond/Pearl than one would think because it's a generally powerful water type.

As for Phione, I'd say I like it's appearance a bit more, but it's stats will always leave it as a weaker version Manaphy--just not worth it when there's a more powerful alternative.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I didn't get Pokemon Ranger nor could I attend the Toys 'R Us event, so I never really cared for it. I ended up getting one from a friend. The Manaphy is still untouched... D:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Manaphy being having BST of 500 it's just like mew, despite that manaphy is quite good while baby form (phione) so fragile it hurts and it even can't evolve to Manaphy again );

Years
  • I never got the chance to be able to obtain them, but on the design perspective they are very cute and have a unique concept. Also, even if Phione's one of the worst Legendaries stat-wise it does at least look super-adorable, and Manaphy is cute while having a nice unique signature move. And didn't I mention they are my fave type as well?

Years
  • I remember getting Manaphy from Pokémon Ranger, and it's an adorable Pokémon alright. Sadly I never used it in battle seriously, but it was still cool to have.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • They don't really mean much to me unfortunately. They're pretty boring - design and battle wise. They don't particularly have an interesting back story to them either so yeah...I'm pretty indifferent towards them. Plus I always found the Manaphy - Phione offspring relationship weird.

Years
  • They're both so adorable! I like that the breeding aspect makes them unique amongst Legendaries. I don't like that I don't own a Manaphy though! I hope they have a new event for it soon! I have a Phione but didn't get it until Gen 6 and haven't fully raised it yet.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm fine with them, I love the concept of hatching Manaphy. :) Hatching eggs isn't something new, but hatching a legendary was something at that time though!

Years
  • This thread is a bit old, but, I just dug up my old Pokemon Ranger, and I sped through the game so I can get the Ranger Net. Now I have a legit Manaphy and Phione in my Platinum game! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back