• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Together forever, from now until the end of time

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • Have you ever said that in commitment to someone, seriously? Be it a friend or a lover, was that something that came out of your mouth? Has it worked out thus far, or were you wrong?

I did that with my last partner, and I was really bad for it, lol. I'd sound really ominous and commanding about it, capitalizing nouns Germanically, being overly poetic about it, etc. I believed it, too. Too bad for me. :P;;

Hate to vex my friendship with Geoff, but honestly friendships are different and sometimes I don't know where it's going to go. I have a plan, but that doesn't like to work out very often... XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, me and Gav have said something like this and I believe it. Hope he's okay with me saying it here hahah but it's not exactly a weird thing. We've been talking daily for years now and even finally met in person and we're going to do it again but even if it takes some time until that happens, I don't think we'll ever stop being friends. From now until the end of time. Feels pretty darn amazing to have some people like that. Another one is my rl best friend whom I've known since I was a wee lass eating sand in a kindergarten yard. We'll go to each other's funerals, I mean whoever lives the longest at least :p or as ghosts maybe hmm.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Nope. I get a bit scared when people get really close, so I don't tend to open up to a point where I would say that to someone. I've had some very close friendships, and still have but even those people you won't hear me utter the words forever.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I feel like, it's one of these things that do the opposite from what they are supposed to do. One of them is going to take it too serious while the other one doesn't and sooner or later they will part ways anyways, be it because of a conflict between the two or because life says otherwise.

Lucid

I've been friends with a couple of people I've met on here since I was 14. Probably my longest friendships period. ;/

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I said this to my first boyfriend, and at that time I was head over heels in love...and 17 years old. I'm lmaoing rn because that never happened.

I also said that to my pair Buoysel, primarily because we have an awesome bond (and a friendship that's so strong) that doesn't deserve to be broken. But it's meant to be in a friendship way (like Rika/Gavin) and not in a lovey-dovey relationshippy way. It's fine. Best friends are to stay with you for life! Always.

However, this is a flaw of mine that will never go away. I always tend to get really, really, really close to people without knowing or realizing that the other person does not feel the same way. I get heartbroken when that happens, a lot. I tend to be like "omg, you're so amazing, please never leave my life etc". I seriously need to stop that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm the same as Sterling I get like really obsessive over friendships buuuuutttt in the case of my boyfriend I really do believe it. We were amazing friends before we were together and even if anything happens (which it won't) I don't think we'd ever want to be not great friends. Plus I'm moving in with him in a few days so you'd hope it's forever lol. c:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Even when we get hit with shit storms, Klippy and I always find a way back to each other. We've been best friends for five years and I don't see that changing. Our relationship is really weird, but I wouldn't change a thing. I guess that's part of what makes us us.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My friendship with Ian started accidentally and with a crush on my part? And then we became friends and then a couple and then back to friends and we're moving in together soon haha. We're always gonna be best friends at this point. Seven years and onward~

Sirfetch’d

I said this to a very special friend in my life once before and meant every word of it. I cared so much for this person and would have done absolutely anything for then anytime they needed it(and still would today). Sadly, they didn't mean this in return. This person no longer wants to be friends or cares about me anymore. It's sad really. It makes me cry when I think about it because of how committed I was and how much I enjoy spending time with this person. I wasn't a good enough friend on my part.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Having to move every couple of years growing up didn't really leave a lot of room for lasting friendships. This was before social media was a thing too, so I didn't keep in contact with people once I did move. I've only had one really strong friendship that has survived a couple fights, and I think it's going to continue on for a while longer. I'm not used to staying committed and actively trying to keep up in a relationship (even if it is just friends) since I just moved away anyway. It's been a learning experience for sure, but if we can make it through my awkwardness at times, then we can be friends for years to come.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    uh, i don't really throw around stuff like that because when i say it i want to be sure the feelings are mutual and i want the words to actually have a meaning.

let's say you go to burger king and you use the word extravagant to describe your burger because it was just that good. what do you describe your first born as? you don't want use extravagant because that's saying your burger is just as great as your child but you also don't want to use any word less than extravagant.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • uh, i don't really throw around stuff like that because when i say it i want to be sure the feelings are mutual and i want the words to actually have a meaning.

let's say you go to burger king and you use the word extravagant to describe your burger because it was just that good. what do you describe your first born as? you don't want use extravagant because that's saying your burger is just as great as your child but you also don't want to use any word less than extravagant.

i'm not even gonna lie i would be that person to compare my first born to an awesome burger.

pkmin3033

My closest friend and I made a promise something along those lines about ten years ago now. We don't talk very often anymore, but we're still in touch and can pick up a conversation more or less where we left off even if months have gone by, which is all that matters; as we've gotten older we've had less time to chat as we used to, but we both know that either of us can phone the other if we really want or need someone to talk to.

She's perhaps the only friend I have that I'm not overly insecure/paranoid about losing, and I genuinely believe we'll keep our promise. She's the only person who can actually null my cynicism in my interactions with others entirely because of this! It's working out, and we're both too old now to argue about petty things that meant we had a very rocky start to our friendship, aha.

A part of me would love to make that kind of promise with a couple of others, but it was tough enough getting to this point with just one person, and I have no idea how on earth it'd work out. I'm still often amazed that it's worked out even once. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah I can barely go up to someone and say hi

For friends and family I feel like the whole thing is implied. We know we love each other and will always be there for each other, it just doesn't need to be said lol. Besides, the title verbatim does sound a bit more romantically charged.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever said that to anyone. I've just never felt the need to with anyone that I've met, and I've definitely not had a significant other to say something like that too. Maybe someday, perhaps, but not right now.

Years
  • I have two friends I've known for ten years whom I've said this to before. We're still friends, however I wouldn't say as close as we used to be. This isn't because we stopped caring... Life has simply changed and we are now much busier as young adults compared to when we were kids. How often we see each other/speak can fluctuate depending on the circumstances, but I think we can still reach out to one another if we really need it.

I hesitate to say this "together forever" sort of thing nowadays. Not because I don't believe I can have fulfilling, long-lasting friendships... but because as I've said, life goes on and things inevitable change with the passage of time through each life stage. I can see friendships becoming even more distant as friends find busy careers, get married, start families, etc. When I was younger these changes used to make me a little sad, but now I just accept them as a fact of life. I'd be delighted to discover if my friendships will endure a lifetime, however.

Back