• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea] Dialga and the Pillar of Time

Which Generation Style Should I Use?

• Generation 2

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Generation 3

• Generation 4

• Generation 5

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 3D (Gen6 "beta")

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Last week I was drawing Dialga (based off Pt sprite, looked fail-ish), and I thought of a game idea. It started sort of dumb, but I opened a Notepad document and put some info:
MADE IN RMXP
Storyline:

Eighteen years ago, four trainers met. Their names were Red, Gold, Ruby, and Diamond (I'm using manga names for now). Together, they created an alliance against evil. But two evil Pokemon still existed. Giratina and Darkrai had taken over the Kanto region and controlled all legendaries. They went on to control Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh legendaries. Once all the mind-controlled Pokemon had escaped, they were released to hide in their places. However, Celebi had given up and been knocked into the sea. The other time Pokemon, Dialga, had been confined to a pillar and locked there. Its power was destroyed and placed in the pillar. Then Giratina and Darkrai spent all their time guarding the pillar. No one could find the mountain where this pillar was. Diamond told the others that he knew of a mountain (Mt. Coronet) with pillars on top. At this mountain, the evil Pokemon was/were nowhere to be found. In the Kanto region, however, a new trainer was preparing to get his/her new Pokemon, when they heard a crash outside. They looked out the window, but before they could, they became unconscious. When they finally got up, Pallet Town was just some rubble. All the citizens had evacuated, and were staying in Viridian City until they could find somewhere else to stay. You look around and see KoolKat, the champion, looking at you. He gives you a single Pokemon (Suici, Raik,or Ente, they're like Mew to Suicune, etc, but they're not legendary) just in case. It turns out that Dialga's masters are forcing it to rampage throughout Kanto and rid of the trainers to take control of Kanto, along with the Pokemon.
(Plot doesn't include Arceus)
Some Stuff About DIALGA AND THE PILLAR OF TIME:

1.No evil team, Giratina and Darkrai are "evil" enough.
2.In every Kanto town, you'll have to retrieve a Trainer's Pokemon from a "Minion". "Minion" is a Pokemon that combines the DNA of Mew, Dialga, and Ditto. It isn't very strong, but it certainly is worth trying to catch. (I'll make them catchable and a catch counts as a defeat.)
3.I'M the champion(not really me, my character. I need to decide which regional design to use for him).
4.Gyms are destroyed. Instead, find the Gym leaders scattered across Kanto.
5.Remember- this is EIGHTEEN YEARS after the events in Pokemon D/P (manga AND game), plus 2 years. New Gym leaders:
6.The city on Cinnabar island is rebuilt as a new metropolis.

GYM LEADERS (not in order, same types):

Pewter: Brock- The only remaining Gym Leader. Rock type, as so.
Cerulean: Crystal- I try to include excluded characters. She seems the type.(for all you folks who don't know Kris/Crystal, she's the classic Lyra)
Vermilion: Yellow (I KNOW she's a manga character!!!) I decided that as long as their names are Ruby and Diamond, Yellow is gonna be in because of her Pikachu (ZAP type).
Saffron: Will- He's been downgraded from the Elite 4. Now he took over. Not much to say here.
Celadon: Green- HER NAME GIVES IT AWAY LAWLZ! She's Leaf from FireRed.
Fushia, Viridian, Cinnabar not included in early betas/demos, no gym leaders yet (suggestions greatly accepted!)

I need a mapper, scripter, and musician.
My job: Beta Tester, Spriter, Make sure it's in The/Beginner's Showcase when it's ready!

Credits:
Poccil-Starter Kit
Flameguru-Starter Kit/scripts
Maruno, etc.-Script Tutorials
Me-Idea, Sprites
AND _______<your name here IF YOU ENCOURAGE ME! :classic::);)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
...So what happened to all the other projects your working on? I can see you are exploding with ideas, so am I, but working on multiple projects all at once is a bad idea.

Anywho, on the idea itself, I don't remember Giratina being evil in any sort of way, but that's negligible. You REALLY need to proofread your story synopsis. It is a mess of poor spelling and grammar. Don't be afraid to ask a friend to correct your mistakes, dude.

What REALLY irks me about this are your demands for a team. So you are going to get someone to map, event, and compose for you while you kick back and oversee the project? No. That is NOT how most people in the amateur game dev scene work. YOU need to do the bulk of the work yourself, and if you find an area that you feel you are terrible with, THAT'S when you can recruit. Besides, if you really want to get a team, you should have your ideas solidified and present it an a professional, attractive manner. Sell yourself better is all I'm saying.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
...So what happened to all the other projects your working on? I can see you are exploding with ideas, so am I, but working on multiple projects all at once is a bad idea.

Anywho, on the idea itself, I don't remember Giratina being evil in any sort of way, but that's negligible. You REALLY need to proofread your story synopsis. It is a mess of poor spelling and grammar. Don't be afraid to ask a friend to correct your mistakes, dude.

What REALLY irks me about this are your demands for a team. So you are going to get someone to map, event, and compose for you while you kick back and oversee the project? No. That is NOT how most people in the amateur game dev scene work. YOU need to do the bulk of the work yourself, and if you find an area that you feel you are terrible with, THAT'S when you can recruit. Besides, if you really want to get a team, you should have your ideas solidified and present it an a professional, attractive manner. Sell yourself better is all I'm saying.

I see you misunderstand. I'm not kicking back. I'm SPRITING. And you said I'm the worst mapper, otherwise I'd be mapping myself. And since you were so rude about Talc and everything, I cancelled it. My other games all have locked threads, or are WAY over 2 months old, with no updates. This is my only game now. And by the way, I'm glad you weren't as rude as you were on my other stuff.
I am a horrible mapper, scripter, and musician. That's what's terrible. I'm doing ALOT for this game. I'm respriting all 493 Pokemon and adding Minion. THAT'S ALOT OF WORK:)!!!
PS: Are you any good at mapping? Your game looks pretty cool and I only need 2 maps at the moment. Sorry if you didn't read carefully- I never do:cheeky:.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I see you misunderstand. I'm not kicking back. I'm SPRITING. And you said I'm the worst mapper, otherwise I'd be mapping myself. And since you were so rude about Talc and everything, I cancelled it. My other games all have locked threads, or are WAY over 2 months old, with no updates. This is my only game now. And by the way, I'm glad you weren't as rude as you were on my other stuff.
I am a horrible mapper, scripter, and musician. That's what's terrible. I'm doing ALOT for this game. I'm respriting all 493 Pokemon and adding Minion. THAT'S ALOT OF WORK:)!!!
PS: Are you any good at mapping? Your game looks pretty cool and I only need 2 maps at the moment. Sorry if you didn't read carefully- I never do:cheeky:.
Actually, I think you are misunderstanding. First of all, I NEVER said YOU were the worst mapper, I specifically said that YOUR MAPS (note this is possessive) in that game looked awful. Please do not take constructive criticism as a personal attack, because with that game, many of the mistakes you made are not difficult to fix.

How was I rude in criticizing Talc? The game thread had flaws in terms of presentation, writing, and mapping, all of which can be fixed! The fact that you outright cancelled the project just because of one negative comment means you really need to develop a thicker skin. Again, you should not take criticism personally, you should use it to push yourself to make a better product.

On your team recruitment, what I was trying to say was that you should be more involved with your project than just beta testing and approving stuff. Yes, I KNOW spriting is a lot of work, I'm a spriter myself, but in the end, it's still YOUR project. As a matter of fact, people DO feel turned off if they think that they're doing the bulk of the work for someone else's project. I'm speaking from experience, here. I've seen many other projects within the indie-game scene that make the same mistakes as you are, so I'm trying to correct that.

Honestly, the fact that I'm the sole person who even gives you this harsh feedback should be something you can appreciate. I actually think YOUR IDEAS HAVE POTENTIAL, and I want you to become a better game maker.

EDIT: for you mapping request. I'm a little preoccupied at the moment, so sorry I can't take your offer. Thanks for asking, though.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
If you only need 2 maps PM me and I'll see what I can do. My style is a bit more Gen 2-ish than what Ratty524 does (still looks good, I'm just sayin') and if that is what style you are going for I think I can help.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
yeah....

Evil Arms: I'm using custom tileset, sort of gen-3/4-ish, but Gen 2 styled-maps will do fine once translated. I'll post the tileset ASAP.

Actually, I think you are misunderstanding. First of all, I NEVER said YOU were the worst mapper, I specifically said that YOUR MAPS (note this is possessive) in that game looked awful. Please do not take constructive criticism as a personal attack, because with that game, many of the mistakes you made are not difficult to fix.

How was I rude in criticizing Talc? The game thread had flaws in terms of presentation, writing, and mapping, all of which can be fixed! The fact that you outright cancelled the project just because of one negative comment means you really need to develop a thicker skin. Again, you should not take criticism personally, you should use it to push yourself to make a better product.

On your team recruitment, what I was trying to say was that you should be more involved with your project than just beta testing and approving stuff. Yes, I KNOW spriting is a lot of work, I'm a spriter myself, but in the end, it's still YOUR project. As a matter of fact, people DO feel turned off if they think that they're doing the bulk of the work for someone else's project. I'm speaking from experience, here. I've seen many other projects within the indie-game scene that make the same mistakes as you are, so I'm trying to correct that.

Honestly, the fact that I'm the sole person who even gives you this harsh feedback should be something you can appreciate. I actually think YOUR IDEAS HAVE POTENTIAL, and I want you to become a better game maker.

EDIT: for you mapping request. I'm a little preoccupied at the moment, so sorry I can't take your offer. Thanks for asking, though.

About the "thicker skin" thing, I had it when I was making my MindCopper game, but you should also accept the fact that I am a bad enough mapper to begin with, but watch out, I can make a map that says: "This game was criticized by Ratty524" in tiles. And when I have time for that, my game will be alot better than most fangames. And the reason I took it "personally" was because, you can get pretty insulting, you should re-read your posts BEFORE posting them to make sure the criticism IS constructive. The way I see it:
Oooh- a new post! Hang on, it's by that annoying guy, better reply and tell him to stop being so annoying. The only thing that has anything to do with you that I look forward to is the release of PPC. Sorry if that sounded insulting. It's my absolutely true opinion.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Stop posting a thread for EVERY idea that pops in your head.

It's not going to make people want to help you anymore. In fact, it's going to make people want to help you less because you can't seem to stick to one idea and lose focus easily. No one wants to work with someone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back