• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
  • Ooh, that sounds like a nice idea. I love the way I look at the questions and already have my answers.

I hope it's not aired as late as December, I thought it was meant to air in the Autumn though, sometime around October it what I've heard.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I need to come out and tell my parents that I'm a brony so I can watch the Hub whenever they come on. I need too. I don't know how to do it though. Maybe show them a few clips so they know it's good? I don't know... : \ Any help bronies?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • First off, tell them that you need to tell them something which means a lot to you. This will give them the inception that you are coming out of the closet. Instead, sit them near the computer with the My Little Pony physics video loaded up or something else; you could also choose the Sonic Rainboom episode, and say that you're a brony and make them watch the episode. Of course, you could also add on at the end like it's a not important detail that you need to watch Hub at whatever time it's on for the episode when it airs, but I think that'd be a nice way to break it to them. :D

Years
  • Show them your favorite episode on Youtube. Just watch the show and have them "stumble" upon you watching it. Any number of ways, but don't just tell them, you'll probably just creep them out. Or you just do what I do and ignore the laughing(it's a chance to prove you're the better man).

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I actually don't know what my favourite episodes are now. I've always been a fan of the Gilda episode, which I can't name, and the episode where all the bugs appear, but that's just me. There are also plenty of scenes which I love as well, such as Fluttershy's raging love, Rarity's obscene noises and so on.

Years
  • Tell them that it's the new thing everyone at school is doing. Parents expect their kids to follow fads, right? /notentirelyserious

And yes, do a 30 Days of Ponies.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Maybe I should show them dragonshy? That's one of my favorites and it's pretty funny. I like your idea alt. But maybe mix it with Four's a bit. Such as if they see me watching it yeah.

Suprisingly when my mom saw me watching it last time she didn't accept it as well as my dad, although I did tell them I wasn't serious and I was watching it for kicks because it's so dumb.. Which is the comeplete opposite of my feelings.

Oddly enough I remember one day at my friends house he woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep and I think he heard me talking about mlp a little bit so he watched it and I didn't hear him talk about how stupid it was. He's like "And fluttershy's the stare master!" Because he assumed I hadn't watched it before. That's an awesome one! Pshht. I bet him or my other friend would be the easiest to convert because my one friend follows me on Twitter so he must no I'm addicted. : \

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • My parents just saw me drawing them one day, and asked what they were. I showed them. They just kinda gave a "meh" reaction, and walked off. So yeah, I didn't really need to go up to them to tell them I'm a brony, they don't really mind. So it's cool. xD;
    Ever since then, I've been buying pony merch and playing pony music in the car with no shame.

But your case may be a little harder. What I think you should do is just watch it, and when either of your parents notice it and ask, just go: "Yeah, I like this show. Is there really something wrong with that?" etc.

That's probably what I'd do, though. Oh, and that 30 days of pony sounds freaking awesome!

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • My parents just saw me drawing them one day, and asked what they were. I showed them. They just kinda gave a "meh" reaction, and walked off. So yeah, I didn't really need to go up to them to tell them I'm a brony, they don't really mind. So it's cool. xD;
    Ever since then, I've been buying pony merch and playing pony music in the car with no shame.

But your case may be a little harder. What I think you should do is just watch it, and when either of your parents notice it and ask, just go: "Yeah, I like this show. Is there really something wrong with that?" etc.

That's probably what I'd do, though. Oh, and that 30 days of pony sounds freaking awesome!

Yeah. And possibly show them my favorite ep when they laugh?

Years
  • Not sure if Youtube imbeds are allowed, but I have to share this.

Somepony made a My Little Pony SMB2 Hack. My life is complete.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Firstly, my sister knows I watch mlp, she see me watching one of the episodes on Youtube and watched it with me xD;
    My parents don't know but I doubt they'd care o..o

And for the video in the post before me, that looks awesome~
    I must download it.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Man, this is amazing.
    Some guy used a PMV to propose to his girlfriend, and she said yes.
    Said PMV, right here.

I'm just blown away. xDD;;
    That's one of the most amazing things I've ever heard of. This is seriously the best internet force ever.
    Not to mention that PMV is pretty kickass.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • You can do pretty much anything with the Internet, and that was such a sweet gesture, also a bit unique as most marriage proposals are face to face, not over the Internet.

It's still an amazing video, to say the least.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • From what I read, I'm pretty sure it was irl. He probably just invited her over and put on the video.

"Just showed her!!! She totally did not see it coming and burst into tears! She absolutely loved it and is going crazy right now!"

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • While it may be a good video, I would've preferred it if he tried himself to make a PMV for her, instead of getting someone else to do it. Even if it was terrible, if I were in her shoes I'd prefer it if he tried to make one instead of getting someone else to do it.

Just my two *insert ponyville currency* worth. :)

Back