• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Purist Challenge

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    The Purist Challenge:

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and waned to post a challenge to make people completely rethink their strategies on Pokemon. This took literally about 5 hours to get together. But this isn't an introduction thread so let's get on with the challenge.

In every Pokemon, there is an inherent energy. Many inherent energies. Some prospered when Pokemon started to become accustomed to Trainer battles and new technology. Other energies however, were left untrained as they were considered benign due to the future of the society. They are not gone though, quite faint, but detectable. As a purist, it is your duty to use only these three energies as your resources to be a trainer: Earth, Sky, and Life.

This challenge can be played for almost battle oriented Pokemon Game including but not limited to:
    B/W 2 , B/W, HG/SS/D/P/PL XD, E/S/R FR/LG and Collesium.

Simply put this challenge puts more of an emphasis on 3 stats that are not often considered in Pokemon: Weight, Height, and HP. The more of these qualities you have the more freedom you will have as a trainer. You could either focus on having the best team for these stats, or take your journey with a few restrictions.

Here's how it works: The amount of energy in the 3 aspects (Earth, Sky, and Life) correlate to the statistics of Weight, Height, and HP. Once you catch (or otherwise obtain) a Pokemon, you must pick which of these aspects that Pokemon will specialize in. It can only use the energy from one and may not change after its specialty has been decided. Also the energy may only be utilized when in your party so only consider the statistics of those that will be around with you.
    NOTE: When calculating HP remember that only the maximum HP is considered so if you're Pokemon gets harmed, don't worry, you can still use HMs.

Earth: The ability of the Pokemon to use it's own potential
    96 Total Lbs: One Pokemon may hold an item
    144 Total Lbs: Two Pokemon may hold items
    216 Total Lbs: Three Pokemon my hold items
    324 Total Lbs: Four Pokemon may hold items
    486 Total Lbs: Five Pokemon may hold items
    729 Total Lbs: Six Pokemon may hold items

Sky: The ability of Pokemon to use the potential of the enviroment
    3 Total Feet: Potions and all Single Status cures may be used
    5 Total Feet: Super Potions and Fresh Water may be used
    8 Total Feet: Hyper Potions, all berries, Soda Pop, and Lemonade may be used
    12 Total Feet: Moomoo Milk, Full Heals, and all Herbs may be used
    18 Total Feet: Max Potions and PP increasing items may be used
    27 Total Feet: All items may be used

Life: The ability of Pokemon to use the potential of it's wisdom
    50 Total HP: You may use TMs and HMs
    125 Total HP: You may run away from battles
    320 Total HP: You may use items in battle
    750 Total HP: You may switch out Pokemon during battle

It is your choice to balance the aspects out as you wish, but remember to neglect a single one my cause your journey to be much more difficult than usual. Good luck fellow Purist Trainers.

NOTE: Some Pokemon who have "Hax" stats (Snorlax in weight, Onix in height, Blissey in HP) are allowed and even suggested for beginners. Keep in mind this is to chalenge the trainer's choice of Pokemon as well as the limitations put on the trainer by those choices.

Those who proclaim Challenge Accepted: Ilikrandomness: Pl

Those who have become Pure Champions:

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I really like the challenge idea but need something cleared up real fast.

You can have up to 6 in your party, so theoretically, you could have 2 that excel in each stat, and perhaps get the top bonuses from multiple categories?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    So if your total team height is 3 feet you get to use potions?

~R~

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    I really like the challenge idea but need something cleared up real fast.

You can have up to 6 in your party, so theoretically, you could have 2 that excel in each stat, and perhaps get the top bonuses from multiple categories?
    Exactly. However not many Pokemon will let you do that, so be careful when making a team.

So if your total team height is 3 feet you get to use potions?

~R~
    If the team you chose to specialize in height gets to 3 feet than you get to use potions.
    For instance: I have a Turtwig specializing in height ( 1 ft 4 in)
    A starly specializing in HP (22)
    and a Bidoof specializing in height (1 ft 8 in)

Only the Bidoof and Turtwig would be counted so by those I would have 3 feet. The Starly would go to the HP count.

Last edited:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
    Years
  • I just want to make sure that it's mandatory to carry at least one HP based Pokemon in order to beat the game seeing as HMs are needed to get through the game. Other than that, would it be possible to rotate Pokemon in and out of boxes in order to take advantages of some perks in some areas?

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    I just want to make sure that it's mandatory to carry at least one HP based Pokemon in order to beat the game seeing as HMs are needed to get through the game. Other than that, would it be possible to rotate Pokemon in and out of boxes in order to take advantages of some perks in some areas?
    That's perfectly fine. However I would suggest using marks to make sure you can tell which specializes in which.
    As long as they are in your party their energies count.
    And yes it is mandatory to have enough Life energy to get to 96 HP.

Last edited:
    Back