• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Fall Courses are you taking? (High school/College/Grad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
    • Human Services Professions
    • Intro to Sociology
    • Couseling in Human Services
    • The Professional Voice
    • Co-Op Class
    Considering I'm planning on going into the Peace Corps and am currently now starting my Human Services major after switching from Nursing, I'm pretty excited for what this semester has in store for myself. I'm really excited though for my "The Professional Voice" course because it's a public speaking class and although I'm already a very proficient speaker - I have no issues when it comes to speaking in front of people - I want to perfect it to the best of my abilities. Plus it will be an easy A haha.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Graduated from high school a couple years back, Not in college and don't plan to go to college but If I was I would be enrolled in Computer Programming Courses.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • • Principles of Macroeconomics
    • Theatre Appreciation I
    • Intermediate Spanish I
    • Introduction to Cultural Geography
    • Creative Writing I

Fun semester, except for geography. Kinda dread that class 'cause all the reviews on the teacher are bad. .-. Hopefully I can still scrape by with a C so it transfers to my university of choice next fall.

Years
  • • Principles of Macroeconomics
    • Theatre Appreciation I
    • Intermediate Spanish I
    • Introduction to Cultural Geography
    • Creative Writing I

Fun semester, except for geography. Kinda dread that class 'cause all the reviews on the teacher are bad. .-. Hopefully I can still scrape by with a C so it transfers to my university of choice next fall.

Speaking of geography I took one recently and this guy was really tuff, it did not make any sense it is just a geography class. It is kind of my fault because the only reason I took it was cause I thought it was easy. First thing he said was don't think this is going to be an easy A this is a high level science coarse( I was like what?). I know how you feel hopefully you just get through it and never look back. By the way class went from 40 to like maybe 20 within a couple weeks. No notes, he talks you listen, tests were all fill in the blanks with a blank map of what ever country you either know it or you don't.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm not enrolled in college, and I don't think I'll ever be. I went for two quarters, did well, but realized that I was seriously depressed and didn't really know what I was doing there.

Recently I've been thinking of signing up for a creative writing class through my local community college. I think it would be great to finally get some formal teaching on my writing, but working full time and taking a college class will be difficult. But hey, it's writing, and I'll do just about anything to improve, so I think it would be worth it.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • This semester, I'm taking Developmental Psychology, Learning & Cognition, Group Process and Career Guidance III. The first two are core units and the last two are electives.

Years
  • I have Biology, Algebra II, and English, which I have to take, but I do have electives that I like, i.e. Chorus and JROTC, and hoping that I get Sculpting class.

Edit - Oh yeah, and taking night school for Geometry, damn it.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Most high schools here don't have courses though. We only get them when we enter college.

Anyways, here's mine:
    - Pharmaceuticals
    - Pharmaceuticals Practicum
    - Basic Biomedical Science
    - Organic Chemistry
    - English
    - Character Building B - Science ('A' will be next semester)
    - Comic Arts

So the first 6 courses are given to us, the last one we get to choose. First 4 are the Pharmacy courses while the last 3 are part of my university's character building program for first year students.

SparklingMistral

Years
  • Speaking of geography I took one recently and this guy was really tuff, it did not make any sense it is just a geography class. It is kind of my fault because the only reason I took it was cause I thought it was easy. First thing he said was don't think this is going to be an easy A this is a high level science coarse( I was like what?). I know how you feel hopefully you just get through it and never look back. By the way class went from 40 to like maybe 20 within a couple weeks. No notes, he talks you listen, tests were all fill in the blanks with a blank map of what ever country you either know it or you don't.

Oh, gosh, that sounds terrible! This woman thankfully isn't that bad. Our final is a current events project. We had to label a map of Europe on the first day of class though, & I felt pretty dumb considering I couldn't remember where anything was or anything of that sort. I didn't turn in an entirely blank map (& thankfully it didn't count as a grade!), but it was pretty bad. xD

I dunno how geography could be a science course though. More like history/current events, that kinda thing. I could see it being somewhat science-y, but not a full on science based course.

I'm not sure what her tests will be like, but hopefully they won't be too difficult. :c So far, it seems super lecture oriented with notes, & she already mentioned that there would be a lot of reading. I have a feeling not everyone will be returning on Tuesday, & I have a feeling we'll have even less by the time the deadline for tuition refunds comes around on the 11th of September.

I need at least a C in the course in order for it to transfer to the school I'll be transferring to next year, so hopefully I can get that. :3

Years
  • Oh, gosh, that sounds terrible! This woman thankfully isn't that bad. Our final is a current events project. We had to label a map of Europe on the first day of class though, & I felt pretty dumb considering I couldn't remember where anything was or anything of that sort. I didn't turn in an entirely blank map (& thankfully it didn't count as a grade!), but it was pretty bad. xD

I dunno how geography could be a science course though. More like history/current events, that kinda thing. I could see it being somewhat science-y, but not a full on science based course.

I'm not sure what her tests will be like, but hopefully they won't be too difficult. :c So far, it seems super lecture oriented with notes, & she already mentioned that there would be a lot of reading. I have a feeling not everyone will be returning on Tuesday, & I have a feeling we'll have even less by the time the deadline for tuition refunds comes around on the 11th of September.

I need at least a C in the course in order for it to transfer to the school I'll be transferring to next year, so hopefully I can get that. :3

The way it sounds it shouldn't be too bad, imagine having a blank map of Europe and you had to identify countries, rivers, and mountains for a test. Don't even let me get started on a blank map of Africa X_X. I am expecting an A from you none of this C business lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Most high schools here don't have courses though. We only get them when we enter college.

Anyways, here's mine:
    - Pharmaceuticals
    - Pharmaceuticals Practicum
    - Basic Biomedical Science
    - Organic Chemistry
    - English
    - Character Building B - Science ('A' will be next semester)
    - Comic Arts

So the first 6 courses are given to us, the last one we get to choose. First 4 are the Pharmacy courses while the last 3 are part of my university's character building program for first year students.

What do you even do in character building?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Finally in my last year in my university's Bachelor of Nursing Science program - graduation is in sight! :D My fall courses include the following:

Applied Health Care Ethics
    Multi-system Approach to Health of the Community
    Clinical for the above
    Restorative Health for Multi-system Failure
    Clinical for the above

The first one is just a run-of-the-mill ethics course most healthcare professional schools make you complete. The second course is basically a course on addressing public health concerns, and the fourth is, well, the death of me. It deals with the pathology of serious conditions, the drugs and therapy involved, and how to stabilize patients who have them.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    NONE, HOLLA.

I actually wish I was returning to school this semester. I'm undecided (though I have an inkling) of what I want to pursue when I begin my Bachelor's, since I just have an Associate's right now and decided to take the year off of school to work and focus on what I want to do. :\

But, now I'm pretty confident in my choice as it's something I took courses for and was interested in before. Anyway, if I was returning to university this year, my classes would be:

French Grammar Review
    French Composition
    Intro to French Literature
    Intro to Secondary Education

Pretty obvious what my Bachelor's goals are, lol.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • What do you even do in character building?

Goos question. I would like that answered as well. I think it's mostly building up our leadership and problem solving skills or something like that. I guess I'll just have to see tomorrow during the first class.

Years
  • This semester, I'm taking Developmental Psychology, Learning & Cognition, Group Process and Career Guidance III. The first two are core units and the last two are electives.

Despite not being in psychology anymore, I enjoyed taking developmental psychology, especially if you're curious about childhood and adulthood.

College decided to cram 7 courses into this term so I will be taking...

- Systems Analysis and Design
    - Enterprise Java Development
    - Database Management & Implementation
    - Technical Reports & Presentations
    - Systems Administration Linux/UNIX
    - Data Network Design/Configuration
    - Co-operative Forum

Radioactive

I'm a really good boy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    My schedule goes something like Lit with a liberal hipster Mac lady in her 30s -> the class where I reign supreme dictator -> lunch -> BS class -> maths with a uber-hot maths teacher who's only 7 years older than me :O

The hipster liberal lady in first doesn't take well at all to how I act whereas the maths teacher is the complete opposite. Body language mother****ers, use it. Don't be one of those other guys.

Years
  • I am so jelly of anyone in high school or college.

3 classes grad school X 250 pages per class = 750 pages of dense theory/research publications.

My professor assigns us over 300 pages of reading, then starts class with, "I know the reading was light, but..."

Really? What a troll XD
    (Though, I am learning tons)

SparklingMistral

Years
  • The way it sounds it shouldn't be too bad, imagine having a blank map of Europe and you had to identify countries, rivers, and mountains for a test. Don't even let me get started on a blank map of Africa X_X. I am expecting an A from you none of this C business lol.

Haha, yeah, that would be awful. :( I could label Egypt in Africa, and that's about it. Probably going to barely scrape by with a C though. :c Sorry to disappoint, but A for effort? Might be able to make a B with some sort of miracle, but I'll be happy with the C. I got a 49 on her first test & an 83 on her second, and I'm averaging a 66 right now. I did some extra credit, so I can get 70s on the project & final test & still pass, but I kinda want to have a C before the extra credit goes in. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back