• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate/Help my team??(mostly help)

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    My team seems to be an OU/NU mix. I don't know which way I should go, what should be kept, what should be replaced, etc. Rate and advise as you deem necessary. I already believe this team is terrible so.... I can't feel much worse about it.

-line up-

-info-

Dragonite@muscle band
    Adamant
    Inner focus
    323/403/225/191/221/259
    31/31/30/8/16/31
    252Atk/252Spe/??
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Aqua Tail
    Fire Punch

Lucario@Wise Glasses
    Modest
    Inner Focus
    281/230/176/361/176/279
    31/31/31/31/31/31
    252SpA/252Spe/??
    Aura Sphere
    Dragon Pulse
    Psychic
    Flash Cannon

Dewgong@Leftovers
    Calm
    Hydration
    370/147/180/151/316/170
    17/19/15/6/30/25
    252HP/252SpD/??
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Take Down (To be replaced with Rest)
    Aqua Ring

Charizard@Focus Sash
    Adamant
    Blaze
    296/293/190/223/194/299
    30/31/29/25/19/31
    252Atk/252Spe/??
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw
    Rock Slide
    Dragon Dance

Electivire@Expert Belt
    Jolly
    Motor Drive
    292/345/152/176/194/317
    31/31/13/1/19/31
    252Atk/252Spe/??
    Thunder Punch
    Ice Punch
    Cross Chop
    Earthquake

Zengoose@Shell Bell
    Jolly
    Immunity
    283/324/125/135/149/272
    27/26/0/26/24/0
    252Atk/252Spe/??
    Close Combat
    Crush Claw
    Aerial Ace
    Swords Dance

So... yeah... how can you help me adjust what could possible be one of the worst teams ever?

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    You have a team of sweepers, other than dewgong. And dewgong isn't to good. Keep maybe 2 or 3 sweepers and add in walls/ a lead, etc...

Years
  • Other than Zangoose's Swords Dance, you have no setup moves, and no defensive moves at all. This team is essentially six sweepers put together, with seemingly no strategy to be found.

Years
  • You seem to have no strategy in the way you battle/ build your team.
    A strong fighting type... takes out Dewdong, Lucario and Zangoose. Then say you have a Swampert with an ice beam and rockslide/surf... Bye bye to Dragonite and Charizard. Finally your Electravire would struggle against the swamperts rockslide also.
    Your Team has a lot of weakneses that can be worked across your whole team.

I suggest replacing your Zangoose with a good "Annoyer", a pokemon that will poison, paralyze in time of need e.g. a Blissey with Toxic. Blissy has high HP and can sustain in battle long if raised well.
    You also need some good Walls in your team, i would say get rid of Lucario and make a good wall :)

Nice to see you using rarely seen pokemon though such as Dewdong and Zangoose :)

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    You have a team of sweepers, other than dewgong. And dewgong isn't to good. Keep maybe 2 or 3 sweepers and add in walls/ a lead, etc...

Other than Zangoose's Swords Dance, you have no setup moves, and no defensive moves at all. This team is essentially six sweepers put together, with seemingly no strategy to be found.

You seem to have no strategy in the way you battle/ build your team.
    A strong fighting type... takes out Dewdong, Lucario and Zangoose. Then say you have a Swampert with an ice beam and rockslide/surf... Bye bye to Dragonite and Charizard. Finally your Electravire would struggle against the swamperts rockslide also.
    Your Team has a lot of weakneses that can be worked across your whole team.

I suggest replacing your Zangoose with a good "Annoyer", a pokemon that will poison, paralyze in time of need e.g. a Blissey with Toxic. Blissy has high HP and can sustain in battle long if raised well.
    You also need some good Walls in your team, i would say get rid of Lucario and make a good wall :)

Nice to see you using rarely seen pokemon though such as Dewdong and Zangoose :)

Nice harsh critiques, just as I expected... But at least Arcanine_fan1 gave me a good nudge on where to go with myself. I'm terrible at choosing pokemon, as you can see. So I need suggestions I can expand off of. Terrible, I know, but I'm SO not good at making decisions on my own. Especially since my only ways of testing normally are kids who don't know what hey're doing. So thanks for the help. So basically I should just go OU?

Years
  • So basically I should just go OU?

Building a mixed tier team isn't a problem. The problem is that you need to establish clear roles for the pokemon on your team, and have a general strategy in mind going into battle. Examples of strategies include building a Trick Room Team, building a team around a weather effect, building a team to stall the other team out, etc.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Building a mixed tier team isn't a problem. The problem is that you need to establish clear roles for the pokemon on your team, and have a general strategy in mind going into battle. Examples of strategies include building a Trick Room Team, building a team around a weather effect, building a team to stall the other team out, etc.

I see... So basically I need to find a working theme and build off of it in a way that would benefit myself, yes?

Years
  • OU's biggest threats will walk all over your team such as Salamence and Gyarados(if it gets a dragon dance off)

I suggest getting a Vaporeon or a Jirachi to combat Salamence and Gyarados. Also we need to know what you want to fulfill: Hyper-Offense, Set up a Lucario sweep, stall them till they quit, etc.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • You could run six sweepers, perfectly viable thing called Hyper Offense, but they need to synch together and take out each others (and their own) weaknesses.

Years
  • i would reccomend just scrapping your entire team and starting over again. when you create your next team try to have strategy in mind and have a role for each of your pokemon instead of just having every pokemon act as a sweeper. also be aware that you're team will have to have a counter for threats like salamance and gyrados.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Thanks for the virtually unanimous decision to scrap this team. I've already done so, actually. Constructing a new one... :3

Back