• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Question From A Novice.... Love What Ive Seen BTW

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Firstly i apologise if this is in the wrong section. I have looked for similar threats but cant find a solution to this issue.

Im not going to create a game as simply wouldnt have an idea where to start but I have been playing some FanMade games Ive found on here and I love what Ive seen so far.

Unfortunatly Im encountering a problem with certain games Ive downloaded and extracted, each time it says "Rgss102e.dll Not Found" or missing messages. I was hoping someone could explain why Im encountering this with some games and not others? could it be because I dont have a
    RPG Maker or similar program installed on my laptop?

Kinda just hoping for some general info on why this is such a issue.

All helpful and informative replies would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies once again if this post already exsists or is in the wrong place.

Thanks for reading

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • One way to fix this issue is to install the RPG Maker RTP, which isn't the most favorable method. The preferred method is to stick the rgss102e.dll file in the game folder which you are playing. There should be one already, though :s It comes with Essentials. It's possible the game creator did not know this and took it out.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    There's also other reason:
    Essentials Wiki error messages page said:
    Essentials uses the file "RGSS102E.dll" (in the game's main folder), but every time you save the project in an RPG Maker XP which uses a different version of this file (e.g. "RGSS104E.dll"), a configuration setting will be changed to point to that other version instead. This can result in the game crashing (generally in evolution scene) or not running. If this happens, you should edit the "game.ini" file found in the game's main folder, and change the appropriate line to "Library=RGSS102E.dll" OR edit the dll name to match the Library name.

Back