• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you like in a pokemon story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    hi i want to write a pokemon story but don't know where to start and how to make a good image of what goes on in my mind and put it into words so you can see it so i want some help BUT i want to know what you would like a repeat of the regions and then they discover a new region and thats when they move there that is my idea but i also want yours. so ya thats it.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • If your serious about writing a fanfiction then start by thinking over the story, try to think out the basic plot. Is it an OT, Crossover, Romance?

Once decided, start thinking about the charters, Once you have a good idea of the character, put it to motion in your head. Let the scenes play through in your head. If you like the scene, type it out in a word document.

I can't speak for others, but my fanfiction is like a movie in my head that I am able to share with others via typing.

Just make sure you spend time on it, or people won't like it.

Forgive me for answering a question with a question, but What do you like in a fiction? As long as you have fun typing it, who cares what its about.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • As is tragedy. Don't make the story all sunshine and rainbows, unless that's what you're aiming for. Give the characters an interesting background, perhaps something happened to them when they were younger and that's what drives them throughout the story to reach their ultimate goal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    ok thanks i have a pretty good idea now so i will start.

thanks for the ideas :D

EDIT: I started thread, Pokemon the new adventures.

Last edited:

The Silver Prince

The Protector Reigns
    Years
  • The main purpose of writing FF is to amuse and entertain yourself. Write what you love or what you like. If you are interested in your story then there is a good chance that people are also interested. ;)

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Grammar and spelling. Get a beta.

But seriously, if you're going to write a story you should at least put some thought into its structure (ie what happens in the beginning, middle, and end, what the conflict is, what the main characters are like) before starting it unless you know you can pull it off improv. That goes double if you're not sure of your own writing ability -- practicing with short-story prompts or something will allow you to get a feel for the writing style (first-person, third-person, past-tense, timeskip-heavy, descriptive, palahniuk) that feels most comfortable to you.

I'm not entirely qualified to be giving writing advice, but I know from experience that starting a story -- starting any project -- without adequate preparation means your chances of finishing it are pretty low.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back