• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steel-Type Pokémon Fan Club

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I've never really done anything like this before, so I know it's probably not very good so far. Regardless!

Welcome! This is a thread for all Steel-type fans to discuss Steel-type pokémon, moves, trainers and everything in-between.​

Rules:

1. All normal PC rules apply.
2. Please respect other people's opinions.
3. Try to stay on topic.
4. Most importantly, have fun!

Signup Form:
Username:
Partner pokémon:
Reason you love Steel-types:
Answer the current topic:

Current Topic:
As of Gen VI, Steel is no longer resistant to Dark and Ghost. How do you feel about this change?

Past Topics:
Spoiler:

Steel-Type Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Members:
striderviper (Founder)
306MS.png
227MS.png
448MS.png

Quajutsu
082MS.png
208MS.png
212MS.png

Pelipper_Zachary
376MMS.png
212MS.png
448MS.png

AmourPearlShipper
376MMS.png
212MS.png
649MS.png

Hikamaru
303MS.png
530MS.png
707MS.png

NYL
462MS.png
485MS.png
379MS.png

Electrizard
385MS.png
305MS.png
707MS.png

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Quajutsu
Partner Pokémon: Magneton, Steelix, Scizor (I assume we pick three since you have three)
Reason you love Steel-types: They're fantastic defensive walls that stand up to a ton of types (though they've been a bit scaled down in X/Y) and can usually dish out some kind of decent damage.

What is your favourite Steel-type, and why?

Gotta be Magneton, I just like it's design and it hits pretty hard. I'm not a big Magnezone fan honestly, I don't like it's design.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Username: Quajutsu
Partner Pokémon: Magneton, Steelix, Scizor (I assume we pick three since you have three)
Reason you love Steel-types: They're fantastic defensive walls that stand up to a ton of types (though they've been a bit scaled down in X/Y) and can usually dish out some kind of decent damage.

Gotta be Magneton, I just like it's design and it hits pretty hard. I'm not a big Magnezone fan honestly, I don't like it's design.

Welcome to the club! As for my favourite, it's gotta be Aggron because it looks like the coolest thing ever. Sure, it has two 4x weaknesses but both of them are physical and Aggron has a ridiculous physical defense. It's even better when it's mega evolved and gets Filter.

Also, to answer your question, you can pick anywhere from one to three partner pokémon, so if you can't think of three that's fine.

Years
Hi! I Like Steel Type so May I Join?

Username: Pelipper_Zachary
Partner pokémon: Mega Metagross, Lucario, Scizor
Reason you love Steel-types: Very bulky and versatile.

Gotta be Mega Metagross, I Got Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on 12/24/2014 but Haven't played it until 12/25/2014 and Before first Rival Fight, I Pick up a Shiny Beldum holding a Mega Stone and It came with the Moves, Hold Back, Zen Headbutt, Iron Head and Iron Defense and Later it Evolve into Metang and them Metagross and I Mega Evolve Metagross and I Love his Design and His Shiny Design and That's Why I Love It and I Still Have the Shiny Mega Metagross in my Alpha Sapphire Team!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Hi! I Like Steel Type so May I Join?

Username: Pelipper_Zachary
Partner pokémon: Mega Metagross, Lucario, Scizor
Reason you love Steel-types: Very bulky and versatile.

Gotta be Mega Metagross, I Got Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on 12/24/2014 but Haven't played it until 12/25/2014 and Before first Rival Fight, I Pick up a Shiny Beldum holding a Mega Stone and It came with the Moves, Hold Back, Zen Headbutt, Iron Head and Iron Defense and Later it Evolve into Metang and them Metagross and I Mega Evolve Metagross and I Love his Design and His Shiny Design and That's Why I Love It and I Still Have the Shiny Mega Metagross in my Alpha Sapphire Team!

Welcome to the club! I never used Metagross but I do have to admit it looks cool as hell. =3

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: AmourPearlShipper
Partner pokémon: Mega Metagross, Scizor, Genesect
Reason you love Steel-types: bulky, have a ton of resistances, look cool
Answer the current topic: Favourite OU steel-type is Scizor because STAB+Technician Bullet Punch and a great design. Overall though, I have to give the gold medal to Genesect, IT LOOKS AWESOME and is fun to use.

Last edited:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Username: AmourPearlShipper
Partner pokémon: Mega Metagross, Scizor, Genesect
Reason you love Steel-types: bulky, have a ton of resistances, look cool
Answer the current topic: Favourite OU steel-type is Scizor because STAB+Technician Bullet Punch and a great design. Overall though, I have to give the gold medal to Genesect, IT LOOKS AWESOME and is fun to use.

All right, cool! Welcome to the club! I've never used Genesect myself, mostly because it's a legendary and I don't like using those.

Years
Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokémon: Mawile, Excadrill, Klefki
Reason you love Steel-types: They are bulky, strong and can possess many different roles in battle whether purely defensive, a strong attacker or even a bit of both.

Mawile! Not only did Fairy-type make her even better than before with new moves to play with, but her Mega Evolution takes her power to new levels and is just a very strong Pokemon in general. You'd be hard to believe something that was written off as weak would get stronger thanks to a bunch of new mechanics? Mawile proved that.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokémon: Mawile, Excadrill, Klefki
Reason you love Steel-types: They are bulky, strong and can possess many different roles in battle whether purely defensive, a strong attacker or even a bit of both.

Mawile! Not only did Fairy-type make her even better than before with new moves to play with, but her Mega Evolution takes her power to new levels and is just a very strong Pokemon in general. You'd be hard to believe something that was written off as weak would get stronger thanks to a bunch of new mechanics? Mawile proved that.

Welcome to the club! Mawile did get a big buff in Gen 6, though I kinda think it needed it a lot since it was not that good as a pure-Steel type beforehand.

NYL

Loner...
Years
Username: NYL
Partner Pokemon: Magnezone , Heatran , Registeel, Aggron
Reason you love Steel-types: They are tankies and they look cool
they have good defence and stand taller than most types , steel types are good for turning the game around
if you are in trouble.

What is your favorite Steel-type, and why?
I like Regi-steel because its a legandary and it has quite impressive attack and special defense.
Regi-steel is like the ace on my party , thanks to Regi-steel i usually turn a losing game to a big win!
Steel Pokemon are lyfe. :)
Hope i made it!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Username: NYL
Partner Pokemon: Magnezone , Heatran , Registeel, Aggron
Reason you love Steel-types: They are tankies and they look cool
they have good defence and stand taller than most types , steel types are good for turning the game around
if you are in trouble.

What is your favorite Steel-type, and why?
I like Regi-steel because its a legandary and it has quite impressive attack and special defense.
Regi-steel is like the ace on my party , thanks to Regi-steel i usually turn a losing game to a big win!
Steel Pokemon are lyfe. :)
Hope i made it!

Welcome to the club! You can only have 3 partner pokémon so I'm gonna have to cut Aggron sadly. :c

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
Years
Signup Form:
Username: Electrizard
Partner pokémon:Jirachi, Lairon and Klefki

Steel types are so strong!
They defend against a lot.
And they are metal.

Answer the current topic: It's so hard to choose! Lairon, I suppose. It's so darn cute and that's why I love it! Especially its cry. But so are Jirachi and Klefki. Yeah, I love cute
Pokémon.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Signup Form:
Username: Electrizard
Partner pokémon:Jirachi, Lairon and Klefki

Steel types are so strong!
They defend against a lot.
And they are metal.

Answer the current topic: It's so hard to choose! Lairon, I suppose. It's so darn cute and that's why I love it! Especially its cry. But so are Jirachi and Klefki. Yeah, I love cute
Pokémon.

Welcome to the club! I do have to admit Lairon is kinda cute =3.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I've been kinda slacking off on this and I do apologize, but here's a new topic for you guys!

As of Gen VI, Steel is no longer resistant to Dark and Ghost. How do you feel about this change?
Honestly with the inclusion of the Fairy type a pure Steel type would've been resistant to 2/3 of all the types on top of being immune to Poison and that is kinda ridiculous, so I don't mind. It didn't really make much sense anyway.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

I think it was a good move to balance the game a bit with the introduction of Fairy-types. It didn't totally make a ton of sense for them to be resisted by Steel anyway.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years

Well Steel was a bit borked defensively, so this change is welcome, and it's now super-effective against and resists fairy-type attacks, which somewhat compensates for this. Though it means Knock Off is a retarded move...

Back