• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rayquaza... WHY?

Jirachi

is made of gold
Years
  • Why doesn't Rayquaza learn Sky Attack at level 75?
    Why the outrageously typical Hyper Beam?

Due to STAB, Sky Attack will do much more damage than Hyper Beam could with Rayquaza. But instead, Gamefreak sticks in the STUPID Hyper Beam!
    Hyper Beam is already outrageously typical, and if you really want it,
    you can teach it to Rayquaza with a VERY cheap TM!

Sky Attack is much cooler anyway... :'(

LilLatias

Name Switched to Kecleon_
    Years
  • (my Raquaza's at 74 :( )
    Sky Attack would suit Raquaza better, seeing how he's basically the king of the sky (he knows Fly when you catch him for crying out loud!) It just makes sence for it to have Sky Attack... is there any TM for Sky Attack? *searches through TM bag*

The only thing I don't like about Sky Attack is that it takes two turns.

+el_pal

Call meh Zee. Really.
    Years
  • Hmm... Yeah Sky Attack does suit it better.... I agree with Lilatias, it's the king of the skies!!!
    Why does Altaria get to learn it instead of Rayquaza?!

shining_light

Dolphins. ^^. School. ;-;
    Years
  • ya know, good point! why don't rayquaza learn sky attack? kinda stupid to me...but...i like hyper beam when you are about to die and you die after you use hyper beam and then ya don't recharge! that just made absolutly no sense didn't it? XP

+el_pal

Call meh Zee. Really.
    Years
  • Well if you're about to die, probably your opponent is still too strong or your opponent is faster XD

Shinin

Banned
    Years
  • or you just lost a lot of HP

yeah sky attack would make sense... or a new dragon-type 1 hit KO move since he learns attacks at the same levels as Kyogre & Groudon and the attacks they learn are pretty much the same value and instead of a 1 hit KO move at level 75 they put in HB...

The Bird Lord

LordoftheBirds
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2004
    It will probably be able to learn Sky Attack in FR or LG either through TMs or the move tutor.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • rayquaza is king of the sky. and it lives in the SKY pillar.:P they should of replaced fly,it is pretty useless and its the most powerful flying type atk. with a base power of 140 and a STAB itll precticly take out anything, and it can flinch with 30% chance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Rayquaza may be the so called "King Of The Sky", but he's just another dragon that can be easily OHKOed by an Ice Beam. So another powerful attack on it would be useless.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • demonchaos916 said:
    Rayquaza may be the so called "King Of The Sky", but he's just another dragon that can be easily OHKOed by an Ice Beam. So another powerful attack on it would be useless.

50% of Dragon types r just Dragon/Flying:
    dragonite
    salamence
    altaria
    rayquaza

Everthing Else
    dragonair
    kingdra
    latias/latios
    flygon

if u count latias and latios as 2 very different pkmns then the percents become 40%of Dragon/Flying. but D/F r alot more comon than Everthing Else.
    i myself count dragonair but if u dont then its bak to 50%.:P

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • latios and latias can surivive ice beam easily... well with ubar items.

Flygon is also x4 weak to ice, which is good enough to throw him in the flying dragon category.

Rayquaza with sky attack = "i'm giving you a free turn to switch that Milotic in play c'mon hit me with that lovely ice beam!" It fits logic, but rather irrelevant.

The Bird Lord

LordoftheBirds
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2004
    If you used Sky Attack and the other guy switched out to Ice Beam user, it would have to wait a turn. But then as most Ice Beam users have a low Defense wouldn't Rayquaza be able to kill the ice bea muser in a hit?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Milotic has low defense? O.o;

Rayquaza cna be taken down in many MANY other ways as well... you can switch in to something that blocks sky attack, and then just play along from there. Dragon/flying is quite a weak type combination...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • And another reason:

They probably hide Sky Attack from Rayquaza just to stop little kids from "hey that's a cool attack even though it's actually useless! let's keep it and delete extremespeed!"

Back