• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I..*in RMXP*

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
Years
  • 1. Make the part in the beginning of the game where it says "Press Enter" background change?
    2. How do I make it so when, for example, when you click A near a pokeball and it adds whatever you got from the pokeball, make the item appear and be usable in your Bag menu, and make the pokeball disappear?
    3. For when I need to make rooms smaller then to minimum size, how do i amke it so they can't walk onto the black?
    4. How do I make it so you can't walk onto certain things?

Thanks. XD

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
    Years
  • 1. Make the part in the beginning of the game where it says "Press Enter" background change?
    2. How do I make it so when, for example, when you click A near a pokeball and it adds whatever you got from the pokeball, make the item appear and be usable in your Bag menu, and make the pokeball disappear?
    3. For when I need to make rooms smaller then to minimum size, how do i amke it so they can't walk onto the black?

Thanks. XD

For 3 and 4 open up the database. Go to where it says tilesets. Open The tileset there and you can edit where you can walk and where you can't. On the side tab make sure it says "Passage" On the picture of the tilesets you will see X's And O's. The X Means you can't walk there. To Make an O a X simply click it and Same goes with the O.

As for the other two get Poccil's Starter Kit.

Hope I Helped.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    1) It's an image, duh.
    2) A script and a switch.
    3) Change the Black Tile to X in the Tileset editor.
    4) Change the Tile to X in the Tileset editor.

Use Poccils starter kit, but even with that, I can't see you making a game anytime soon.

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
    Years
  • Flameguru, I just started making the games. I don't know much yet, please be a bit nicer to me...I am using Poccils Starter kit, By the way.

Can I have the script and what to make the switch?

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    only reason your files can get corrupted is if you're turning off rmxp wrong. For example:
    Having rmxp on with your project open and turning off/un-pluging the computer. or if rmxp crashes while you're working on your game(happend to me once for both examples)

normal all you do is make a new project copy that ones game.exe (the one that opens to rmxp to edit it) and paste it over you're current one. But if you do that and try it and it says that you're data files are corrupted then you're screwed and you'll have to start over, this happened to one of my games when i got half way making it -.- but its no big deal rmxp is easy to use and scripts are easy to make.

and if you want to learn that basic stuff just search for rmxp tutorials on the net, there's ton's of tutorials for starters out there!

and for your quests:
    1. Make the part in the beginning of the game where it says "Press Enter" background change?
    Do you mean, like having the background animated like other pokemon games?

Make an event set it to click trigger type(forgot what's called), and in the event have it add whatever you want then have it turn on switch[(which ever switch you want)], then make a new page and put condition types in the event(top left i think) and put the switch on the switch you made and push ok

open up your database click tileset editor, and click on the part you don't want to be walk-able (X = not walk-able, O = Walk-able)

Same thing as on top

Back