• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speed?

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Just a simple question, are you good at typing?
    Can you type really fast and without looking at the keyboard?
    Yep, I can type really fast and type without looking at the keyboard. I know this isn't something new...XD

~Celebi

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • I wear out keyboards due to my typing method, I don't use my one thumb to spacebar so my keyboard suffer for it. I can type fast, but sometimes I make a ton of error. X_X

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Yes. :3 I think most of us are, really. However, I slow down and start making typos if people are watching. ;0;

Also, my fingers are used to the next-to-nothing key spacing of my laptop, so desktops with huge clunky keyboards slow me down. >__<

double that! I don't really slow down but I'm not THAT fast at first ^^;;

For this one, oppositely I'm faster at huge desktop keyboards. It's uncomfortable for me to use a laptop one to type.

Oh,but I was using desktop keyboard when I said to Marz 'Gekki' instead of 'Hello'.

Radikaru

moonrose
    Years
  • I type around 70 wpm in English without errors and 120 or so in German. I haven't had to look at the keyboard to type in about 10 years or so.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Nope, and, I don't really care about writing at mach-3 speed. What's the rush? Where's the fire? I prefer to be writing more carefully rather than making a ton of mistakes (specially when I write at a foreign language)

Obviously, I'm the one who's always behind on msn, though... -o-

Years
  • I like to think I'm decent - I don't know my exact WPM, but I know I'm not slow at all when it comes to typing.

I have the keyboard memorized, too, so I don't need to look at the keyboard that often and can even type at night with only the light of my monitor to go by. Though it does make for some interesting typos should I accidentally misplace my hands...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Any time my parents are in the room while I'm typing, they usually just stop and stare because apparently I type really fast. XD I make a lot of noise when I type though (not sure why) so I think that's all they're amazed about. They think I'm just bashing my hands on the keyboard to make it look like I type faster, but I'm not, so they're mesmerized. I dunno. :C

I type fairly quickly, though. I mean, with the amount of time I spend on the computer and on forums, I've just learnt to type fast without looking at the keyboard. I can sometimes make a ton of typos but I'm really quick to correct those too. XD; I'm a bit slower in the dark simply because I do rely on peripheral vision a bit to judge where my hands are on the keyboard. :x

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Actaully, it depends on my mood. I can type really fast but I also type with two fingers. Some people are amazed that I can type so fast with only two fingers as well. I never liked learning the formal way of typing because it was hard for me. I'm so used to typing my own way that its just my custom. o.o;

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Depends, really. If I need to write rapid fire or the words are just coming that fast, I was last tested at 88 WPM without error. I don't know how fast I can go if you count in an occasional typo or two. It also depends on what I'm typing. If it has tricky keys, I'll have to slow down, but if I'm not having to do much with the far sides of the bottom row, then I'm usually good.

Migraines slow me down and make me write gibberish even I can't figure out later on. =p

It always surprises me when I meet people who can't type without looking -- it trips me up, but some of the people I've met can't type for crap if they don't. When I was a kid, I loved to write, and got a hand-me-down laptop from, like, 97 or older. It had no internet and there was only one extra program on it: Mariam Webster's Typing. It played Beethoven's 9th in digital beeps whenever you made a typo (and over one another if you made multiple mistakes), so you learned the basics quick. ._.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I think I can type pretty okay or average, but I always have serve pain in my Right risk like I always do and that makes me type slower than usual because i noticed that I type with my left hand way more quickly then my right

:t354:TG

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah I type real fast. I don't look at the keyboard when I type, I usually look at the screen to see what it is I'm typing, that way I know if I made a typo or not. I can also type very well without looking at the screen or keyboard, but the chances of typoing increase but a lot.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I can type fairly fast. At my school we have typing tests, and my record is 98 words per minute, 100% accuracy. The highest at my school. yay! I don't look at the keyboard, and I'm slow at these: !@#$%^&*().

Years
  • I can type okay but not amazingly fast. It's called touch-typing guys, for those who didn't know. My average speed is about 65 WPM, which kind of sucks. Just google typing speed test.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I'm reasonably fast on a keyboard, especially when I know exactly what I have to type down. But if I have no idea what I'm meant to be typing, then it takes longer with the added thinking time.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I try to make my friends IRL jealous because I can touch type and they can't. But when they're looking at me, or putting pressure on me, I tend to type REALLY fast, but it all repeats itself over and over. Then I just edit my work when I get home. XD

Typing fast also used to bring up the issue of speed posting for me...

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I'm like scary at typing I don't even need to be looking at the keyboard lol

Back