• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyledove's Official Sinnoh tileset project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    So a friend of mine requested to remake and map Sinnoh in 2D and I was trying but stopped for a while, and I stop and start now and then.

I figured it was pointless keeping them to myself as some of the public desperately ask for such tiles, and if I didnt realease them, someone else would do it and render my work useless.

sinnohtiles.png

For an example of how they work for real, here's a Work in Progress image of Sinnoh so far.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/082/c/c/Sinnoh_world_WIP_by_Kymotonian.png

Oh and please dont ask me what tile goes where, or how to hack something, or to put them in a tileset. Sorry.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Damn, Kyledove.

Your stuff is awesome, especially your tiles. I probably might end up using these tiles when completed somewhere.

Of course, I'll remember to give credit.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • Wow, i must concure with the other previous post. This is an awsome re-creation.
    Great work, looks like a perfect conversion IMO. (insert thumbs up smiley)
    Slight Querry, the pink/yellow/ect squares, are they Events in your programme?
    (i havent seen them before, so i would assume it isnt in RMXP or lesser versions?)
    [EDIT+] oohhh, ok i think i just figured it out, are the squares for the tiles that havent been created yet?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Demonic Budha - those are placeholder tiles I made for until I make the actual tiles.

dotFallen

Hunter of Darkness
    Years
  • they kind of seem, ihh idk grey. Did you use no$gba with backlight or something? (Also are you from hmevergreen?)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    dotFallen - thats just my style, I hate how bright the pokemon games are.
    I unsaturate them a bit.
    It also works as a protection so I can tell when people are using my tiles without giving credit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    This is Godlike, but what about inner tilesets? It'd look a bit weird using those and inner tiles from FR/LG.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • WOW!

This must have been a lot and i mean a LOT of work!

I'm very impressed, this looks absolutely amazing.

The pokemon centre looks strange though...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The tiles look amazing kyledove, especially the buildings, nice work. This should've taken you ages, anyways it all paid off because they look amazing.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Hello Kyledove, everyone knows that your work is awesome. It's not everyday that you see someone who's spriting has reached a point where they have their own style... amazing! What I'm saying is, your tiles are so good that they need their own style... rustic, unsaturated tiles, Pokémon, or whatever sprite you're creating. Keep up the good work, Kyle, I hope I see the maps completed!

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • Hey Kyledove,
    For like the past year, I have looked at your thread on Serebii, Old, New & Random and also your newer thread and I have always found your spriting amazing. I must say I love the way you make the sprites darker, because I have to agree with you that the sprites on the real games look too bright. Also I love the little image you have drawn of Pokemon around the edges of the Sinnoh towns you have recreated. My favourite has got to be the bird ones. The next things I want to see you sprite are the interiors of the Diamond and Pearl houses or just tiles because I think you'll make them look awesome as always. Well, your feedback is basically, keep the good spriting going and before long you could even become a video games creator.

All the best for the future of spriting.
    Pikachu Trainer~

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Thanks for all the motivation guys!

Work on oreburg has begun thanks to an awesome friend of mine helping me out, the whole project is progressing at record speed.
    4g0phw.png

I dont know about interiors, I suck at any interiors, trust me.
    Not to mention the sheer amount of different interiors in Sinnoh.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • This looks great, Kyledove! So, I'm guessing you haven't created the Gym building, right? Well, I'm hoping to see it done soon! Oh, and you might want to make the Pokémon Center less... circular. It looks a bit weird to me. Someone else in this thread said that, too, I think.

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
  • Impressive work back there "Kyledove" n.n and happy that you are finally sharing your hidden work with the public ^.^

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • Wow I just thought....well what...mhhh AMAZING!
    It sure took ages to make this map and the tiles. Keep it up man it's fantastic!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back