The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Swampert 22
Is making tools for you...

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
I've made a few more tools since I posted my others, and I'm planning to make more, so instead of a thread for each one, I thought I'd just present them in one tidy thread.

Updated 12/11/2011

GB Tools

GymEdit GB

A tool to edit various aspects of the Gym and Elite 4 battles in Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow ROMs.

Download

Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor

A tool to edit the normal trainer battles in Pokémon Red and Blue ROMs. This tool supports all language ROMs, repointed data and other changes to the number of trainers/Pokémon in each class by means of editing the included offsets.ini file.

Download

Challenge!

Finally a tool that correctly edits the starter Pokémon script correctly for first generation Pokémon games! No more glitchy battles or weird rival movements in Oak's Lab. This tool is based on Sawakita's excellent tutorial on Skeetendo, so big thanks go to him, and also to Harrison for his Lazarus source codes.

Download

PrizeEdit GB

Editing the Game Corner prizes made easy in this tool for Red, Blue and Yellow! Thanks go to Sawakita for his help debugging the routine and to Harrison for his Lazarus source codes, which helped me a lot!

Download

TradeEdit GB

A tool to edit the in-game trades in Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow ROMs. Trade your useless Magikarp for a Mew! This tool will also allow you to change the nickname of the Pokémon you recieve!

Download

MartEdit GB

Rewrite of the old program, this edits the items sold in the PokéMarts in Red, Blue and Yellow ROMs, plus a bonus if you look under the 'Extras' menu ;)

Download

Pokémon Red/Blue Titlescreen Editor

A simple tool that I made around the same time as thethethethe made his version. They both do the same thing, and that is changing the Pokémon that appear in the background of the Red and Blue titlescreen!

Download

GBC Tools

TradeEd GSC

Finally, a full set of trade editors with this addition, needless to say, this tool changes the Pokémon you trade and the Pokémon you recieve, with its ID, OT and Nickname. Thanks to HackMew for his Text Editing Functions, that made this possible!

Download

StartEd GSC

A fully functional starter Pokémon editor that works with Gold, Silver and Crystal ROMs. It allows you to change the species, level and hold item of the Pokémon contained in Prof. Elm's PokéBalls and the Pokémon that your rival battles you with for the first time!

Download

ItemEd GSC

A tool to ease the editing of items in Gold, Silver and Crystal ROMs. It includes Coolboyman's tutorial and hex values so that you can edit them as much as possible. Because of this big thanks go to him for all his information which can be found here. This tool works with the English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Japanese versions of games aswell.

Download currently offline due to major glitches...

TMMaster GSC

This is the mother of all TM programs. For any language Gold, Silver or Crystal ROM, this program will edit the attacks contained within all 50 TMs and in the 7 HMs, edit the cost of the TMs when bought in a PokéMart, plus, most importantly, edit which Pokémon are compatible with which TMs/HMs. Download contains the necessary .ocx files as well.

Download

MartEd GSC

The best PokéMart editor for G/S/C! Works with all language ROMs to provide quick and easy shop editing loveliness!

Download

GBA Tools

A little more complicated than my other tools, this changes the offsets of the images that items have in a FireRed, Leaf Green or Emerald Rom. Basically if you're adding a new item over a blank spot, and don't want that 'question mark' icon, use unLZ.gba to insert a new image and pallete, then change the offsets for the space you're writing over with this tool!

Download

DP Tools

Pokémon HGSS Gym Editor

A tool to edit all aspects of the Pokémon used by all 16 Gym Leaders, the Elite 4 and Red in Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver ROMs!

Download

Like the one for RBYG, this does the same for Diamond and Pearl. Currently it only changes the Pokémon, the recieved hold item, and the ID number of the recieved Pokémon, but I am looking into the nickname and trader's name. I'll update if I find these!

Credit goes to gabe_k from PokéSpam for the offset of the trade block data, and to HackMew who helped me with working out how to read the ID number correctly! Thanks guys!

Download

PokéEdit DS

Probably the most useful tool I have made to date. This edits all the aspects of a Pokémon's stats and other options in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum ROMs.

This program is made using thethethethe's tutorial for basic Hex editing, this program wouldn't be here without him! Thanks!

Download

Other Non-Pokémon Hack Tools

PaletteEd GB

A tool that works with all Gameboy and Gameboy Colour ROMs, to edit the palettes of anything in the game. Just find your offset, put it in the box, load it and edit, with the RGB colour picker, making slight alterations is easy!

Download

Denjuu Editor SP

Remember that horribly translated bootleg game, 'Pokémon Diamond'? Well, it was a hack of a japanese game called Keitai Denjuu Telefang, of which there were two versions, Power and Speed. Denjuu, translated means Electric Monster, and this tool will edit the base stats of the Denjuu in the Japanese Power and Speed versions and in the bootleg 'Pokémon Diamond'. If you haven't played these games, then I suggest having a go, as they are quite entertaining, if only for the terrible Engrish! :D
This will obviously only have a linited fan base, but I had the data so I thought I may aswell make it! There is a forum for Telefang Hacking here. Enjoy!

Download

That's all for now, but there are more on the way. Let me know if you find any bugs so they can be fixed asap! Most importantly, tell me what you think!

Last edited by Swampert 22; November 12th, 2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Uploaded Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Tré
Raised by the bastards of 1969

Nature: Quiet
whoa!! cool this will be useful to hack metal generation games....its awesome dude...
Old April 19th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
This is REALLY nice! Keep 'em coming, man!
Old April 19th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Reaper 6
(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO

cool tools keep up the great work
Old April 20th, 2008, 03:25 PM
AmineX
Music Expert

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via ICQ to AmineX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AmineX Send a message via Skype™ to AmineX
image item editor for emerald please
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:34 AM
Nikkie.
Nikeiphoros, eh?

Nature: Timid
Wow please make more, are you new to this? dont look like it!
im gonna test then out now!
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:28 AM
Swampert 22

Thanks for the comments guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevilm View Post
Wow please make more, are you new to this? dont look like it!
im gonna test then out now!
I only started to use VB about two weeks ago, but I guess I picked it up pretty quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amine06 View Post
image item editor for emerald please
I'll add Emerald Functionality to IIE when I get time :)

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
gggggggggggggggggg

I realy love your tools! Special the titel sreen editor... I just love you...
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:05 AM
duke daniel3
Beginning Trainer

please can you upload a mart editior for fire red/leaf green ........

You ROOL!!
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke daniel3 View Post
please can you upload a mart editior for fire red/leaf green ........

You ROOL!!
Sure thing, although I'm not going to make one when A-Mart does a pretty good job!:D

Download

You can also edit the item's description and price!

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Old April 29th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Zenar
Beginning Trainer

Links down Item Img Editor die
Old April 29th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenar View Post
Links down Item Img Editor die :|
I've re-uploaded the file. Try it now!

Old May 5th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hacker01
I'm a hacking ma ROMZ!!!

Hi, I like the tools! They are very good.
Old May 5th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Swampert 22

Hey Guys!

A little update for you in the form of a Mart editor for Gold and Silver! I know there is one already, but it was in German, plus I think my interface is better =D

Go to the main post to download it!

Old May 5th, 2008, 07:35 PM
nemesish
Azure Trainer

The GB tools are OK, but i think the Gym editor needs YELLOW compatibility. And even add a map editor for Yellow too.
The GBC ones need CRYSTAL compatibility
But Overall, all the tools are awesome
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

Doesn't pokemap edit yellow version maps?
why would he make a map editor when there is already on of the best out there?
anyways nice tools swampert22!
I'll keep this in mind whenever i'm going to try to hack 1st and 2nd generation games.
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesish View Post
The GB tools are OK, but i think the Gym editor needs YELLOW compatibility. And even add a map editor for Yellow too.
The GBC ones need CRYSTAL compatibility
But Overall, all the tools are awesome
I was planning to add yellow compatability to the gym editor in the near future, it was just going to take a bit of work, which I'm a bit lazy to start, but it will come! Crystal combatibility will come too, the header on Crystal is slightly different co reading it in a program needs a different piece of code, I'll work it out soon though. Plus there is already a map editor for Yellow :)

Hat aka Black Phantom re-worked some of GoldMap so it works with Yellow version. I'll see if I can find the link and post it here....

EDIT: Here's a link to Presea's Tool Archive copy: Download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makunouchi View Post
Doesn't pokemap edit yellow version maps?
why would he make a map editor when there is already on of the best out there?
anyways nice tools swampert22!
I'll keep this in mind whenever i'm going to try to hack 1st and 2nd generation games.
Thank you for your support! However PokéMap doesn't edit Yellow, Its a shame that program never progressed to add more event support, maybe someone will in the future. I wouldn't know where to start...

Last edited by Swampert 22; May 31st, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:00 AM
dragonarche
Is back :D

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dragonarche
can someone post a thread that takes
ideas for tool make king

cause i got a realy good idea or a rom hacking tool

Experienced Vb.net and C# Dev
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
can someone post a thread that takes
ideas for tool make king

cause i got a realy good idea or a rom hacking tool
I thought that would be a good idea too, so I made one in the scrapbox a couple of weeks ago, but it just got ignored. Its probably on page 10 now or something.

Whats your idea?

EDIT: Looks like Crystal compatability is coming sooner than you think... I added it to the TM editor in about 5 minutes, so I'll get to work on the Mart editor, so it works with Crystal! Its also much easier to find an attack you want, as i took the hex codes out of the list so if you press 's' for example, it will now cycle through all the moves that begin with 's'!

Last edited by Swampert 22; May 6th, 2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old May 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
r@ffe
Beginning Trainer

Great tools, especially the item picture editor... It came out just when i needed it!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
Quote:

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music,copy and paste this into your signature (Started by Blaziken Lover)
ROCK FTW!!
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Swampert 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by r@ffe View Post
Great tools, especially the item picture editor... It came out just when i needed it!
Glad it helped you r@ffe! It's about to help a lot more people now, as I added functionality for Leaf Green and Emerald into it!

Download in the main post and enjoy the item image editing lovelyness :D

Old May 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
nice tools keep up the good work
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Hacker01
I'm a hacking ma ROMZ!!!

Wow, you have done a lot of updates to your tools!

Thanks for updating item image editor with emerald, thats what I'm hacking so it will be very useful to me!

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see more!
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Swampert 22

Its here!

A lot of people have been asking for it, so I finally got round to adding Yellow and Green versions to my Gym and Elite 4 editor!

Enjoy it people, download in the main post!

Any problems with it, make them clear so they can be fixed. I also added in a little function, courtesy of my buddy Darthatron, that will make your ROM editable, if it isn't currently. Basically, de-check the "read only" option, but not everyone knows about that!

Last edited by Swampert 22; May 28th, 2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old May 31st, 2008, 04:49 AM
englishidiot
Beginning Trainer

could you add crystal compatability to the mart editor and make a gym editor for gsc.

thanks

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here