The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2008, 06:24 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BigSteve
Hack of:

Spoiler:
This hack is almost pokemon gold, but isn't.
This hack is how pokemon Gold/Silver would have been if there was only one version of Pokemon.
This is Pokemon, Bright
This is set to contain every pokemon from Bulbasaur to Celebi!
This is my first hack and I have every intention to go it alone.
Anybody remember Lawrence III A.K.A. known as 'The Collector' from Pokemon 2000: The Power of One? He could be making a special appearance.
A difference from Gold is that this time there is only one starter- Charmander!
Soon after the beginning of the story, an old promise brings another old favourite into the players arsenal - Bulbasaur!
Later in the game, Squirtle, Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil will become avaliable
This may be as a direct prize or i might use their final forms as prizes, forcing the player to breed their pokemon.
All the version exclusives from Pokemon Silver have already been added to their native locations
All pokemon that would normally be obtained by trading with or without an item attached to them will now be aquired differently.
Hiro's surfing sprite will also be altered, so rather than a wierd red lapras he rides a black blob (wailmer?) like in Ruby

Spoiler:

All the good pokemon (first 251) can be caught.
New maps for Legendary events
Return of the original Viridian Forest
Lawrence III from Pokemon 2000: The Power of One ?
Better looking Surf Sprite
New Starter - Charmander

Spoiler:
Add Silver version Exclusives
Add Charmander
Remove extra starter pokemon
Add Bulbasaur
Add Squirtle
Add Johto Starters - Cyndaquil , chikorita, totodile
Add Legendary Bird Lairs
Add Lawrence III and legendary bird events - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Add Mewtwo
Add Celebi
Add Mew
Reconstruct Viridian Forest

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Due to a problem with the legendary birds running away, and me being unable to find a way to prevent that, i came up with the idea of Lawrence III (Sprited by Sepia) , this way the player doesnt actually fight wild versions of the bird pokemon

Another opetion would be to fight the birds to scare them off (giving a reason for them to flee) and take the egg from their nest, containing a level 5 of that bird
Lawrence replaces this but if i decide i cant be bothered with Lawrence at some point i may use this idea

IDEAS!!!!
i thought i'd throw a couple of things out there to see what people think
  1. Hiro's Dad?!?! - just as a thought, Hiro's dad never actually came into the storyline so i thought it might be a good idea to put him in
  2. adding R/S/E a couple pokemon - i think i need ASM for this so it will be a future release. i already have a devamped Groudon sprite on my pc, infact here it is, what do you think of it ?Update I have a Ruby Devamp i'll use at some point tht looks better

cave
Spoiler:

Tunnel in Cinnabar Volcano- this leads to the top
Spoiler:

Viridian Forest
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Me - 99% of things
Sepia - Lawrence III Sprite

Spoiler:
Cut Master doesn't give HM to you
North/South gateways are broken

Spoiler:
Here it is!! Beta 1! pokemon bright gold.ips
Beta 1.1! beta1.1.ips

[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137410"][IMG]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1151/2me47pskk1.png[/IMG*][/URL*]
Simply remove the *'s for this to work

Last edited by BigSteve; July 11th, 2008 at 05:16 AM. Reason: update
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:36 AM
LaurenLOVESTONED
StrawberryFieldsForever

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LaurenLOVESTONED
do you have any tiles yet? do you have a story? when you say its close to gold, how close? what are the differences? these aren't really suggestions, but these are questions you can answer to help further establish your hack.
good luck BigSteve

thanks to fluffy kitten hugs for the awesome trainer card

<3 paired with ~Swish~<3
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Nice and also I would change white gold since nintendo copyrghted it and they can do a lwasuit or sue you for copyright infringment. I think. Otherwise gooood luck!
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Hat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLOVESTONED View Post
do you have any tiles yet? do you have a story? when you say its close to gold, how close? what are the differences? these aren't really suggestions, but these are questions you can answer to help further establish your hack.
good luck BigSteve
well the tiles are already there, and he says that the only changes are the additions of pokemon you can't get in Gold without trading, so other than a few legendary encounters, the story should be the same

i have a suggestion however, when you said you were making all the starters available, you could it make so that you don't have a choice what starter you get given (but make sure it's not cyndaquil, chikorita or totodile or some super powerful pkmn), kind of like with pokemon yellow, but probably not pikachu lol

then you could make the johto starters very rare, in hard-to-get-to parts of the game...
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:09 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLOVESTONED View Post
good luck BigSteve
asin pretty much the same storyline

im going to insert a few battle gauntlets for players to earn the Johto and Kanto starters but im not sure what i'll use as the new starters....

at this point im using the default tiles

the differences are that all 251 pokemon can be obtained in one game

i didnt intend for this to become anything big just throwing it out there incase anybody else is interested because i'm only making it for my own benefit

this hack is really meant to be a learning experience for me to move onto greater things

already i have learned how to script a little bit (big thanks to cooley there), how to use TLP and a bit of HEx too!

@darkcookie_93 thanks for the warning there, i looked it up and it seems theyve had it for years , along with MoonStone, but havent done anything with it

@Black_Phantom i intended to use different starters or a single starter so i can add events for them all battle gauntlets sound ok?

battle gauntlet asin fight 5 trainers and talk to the guy at the end that will say 'well done you have earned this' and give you a pokemon

Last edited by BigSteve; May 16th, 2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Binary
え?

Oh, nice to see a gold hack in a while, sounds like a good hack.
It seems you've done the basics of the beginning. Well, I hope you get far in this hack of yours.
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:52 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3LEBI-愛 View Post
Oh, nice to see a gold hack in a while, sounds like a good hack.
It seems you've done the basics of the beginning. Well, I hope you get far in this hack of yours.
Thanks!
nice to see people like my simple hack even though im not changing much this time

how can i chane my thread title? i want it to say Bright Gold instead of White Gold now that i know i cant use that name -.-

im currently having problems with the give pokemon scripts this could cause problems for the idea of gauntlets until i get it fixed

updated first post with new title screen
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Mitchman

Well you can ask the mods through pms . Its best if you ask blaizchu seeing as he does a lot in a snap. And if not ask christos if hes online. Also nice brightgold.
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

updated first post with an ideas section
thanks to IIMarckus and Cooley i now have working givePokemon script to work with
please comment on the idea's i put forward
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Mitchman

Chariard should be starter and then every single one as an event and
hoenn pokes are cool. No one but skeetendo tried it and thats why this is going in my book.
Old May 17th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

Hope this goes well for you.

Some advice/constructive critisim: from years of experience, you should never announce features that you havn't implemented yet, becuase to be quite honest, they most likey never get implemented, unless you really know what you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie_93 View Post
hoenn pokes are cool.
No way man, you havn't clue have you?

Id place CHARMANDER as your starter.

Quote:
No one but skeetendo tried it and thats why this is going in my book.
Are you talking about adding more pokemon? Coolboyman actualy did it.
Old May 17th, 2008, 03:01 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
hoenn pokes are cool. No one but skeetendo tried it and thats why this is going in my book.
ill only use Hoenn pokemon once i learn ASM (sometime in future) to add more pokemon
i dont think ill add many though

and Charmander will be the starter, bulbasaur will be given by the fat man in New Bark town as a gift to an old friends son.

Squiretle and the Johto starters will be aquired through battle gauntlets of up to 5 trainers throughout the game. im considering putting them on routes so they arent missed

Cartmic- thanks for the constructive criticism but if you looked it's under ideas as in possible things that mght be added
Old May 17th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Cartmic
Veteran ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
Cartmic- thanks for the constructive criticism but if you looked it's under ideas as in possible things that mght be added
I was looking at this:

Quote:
i will be adding all the pokemon eventually but for now because of a lack of scripting knowledge i have only added the pokemon that can be caught again and again
Old May 17th, 2008, 11:09 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmic View Post
I was looking at this:

Post removed to hide some of the hack
Old May 17th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Mitchman

Yep theres a gold map editor out in the toolbox. And I meant charmander I was half asleep. And what I meant by more pokemon was that skeetendo before coolboyman had a hack sterling silver with hoenn pokemon and eventually if he(or she cant remember) does continue will have sinnoh. As the thread says. So yeah this is about the 3rd one to do it.
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:07 PM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
Yep theres a gold map editor out in the toolbox. And I meant charmander I was half asleep. And what I meant by more pokemon was that skeetendo before coolboyman had a hack sterling silver with hoenn pokemon and eventually if he(or she cant remember) does continue will have sinnoh. As the thread says. So yeah this is about the 3rd one to do it.
thats not definite yet

and i know theres a map editor in the toolbox i have Megamap and Gold Map but cant see a function to add another map to them

how do you think i made the 2nd cave -.-
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:21 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
and i know theres a map editor in the toolbox i have Megamap and Gold Map but cant see a function to add another map to them
I don't think you can add maps with either tool (I don't use either so I can't confirm), but if you're good with pointers you can repoint a map bank in hex to add as many maps as you want.
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:30 PM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
I don't think you can add maps with either tool (I don't use either so I can't confirm), but if you're good with pointers you can repoint a map bank in hex to add as many maps as you want.
im not sure about that at this point

but what if i just used the link rooms as spare maps? would i be able to do that?
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:42 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

You could do that. I think there are only three link rooms and not one for each Center; they all lead to the same actual room. But there are a few unused maps, like the Safari Zone and some incomplete (?) Pokecenter 2F maps that aren't used at all. That should get you by for a while.
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:00 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
You could do that. I think there are only three link rooms and not one for each Center; they all lead to the same actual room. But there are a few unused maps, like the Safari Zone and some incomplete (?) Pokecenter 2F maps that aren't used at all. That should get you by for a while.
  1. Articuno
  2. Zapdos
  3. Moltres
  4. Mewtwo
  5. Mew
  6. Celebi
that would be 6 lairs needed

Trade Room, Battle Room, Time Capsule, Safari Zone, if there are 2 unused pokemon centre maps im in business :D

where can i find the code for an overworld legendary event? thats the only thing holding me back now

updated first post with a map and possible new title screen, what does everyone think?
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

I've had this idea a couple of times before,
because I knew that Gold can bring out much more...

Keep up the awesome work and don't give up on it.

Last edited by Mr. Magius; October 15th, 2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
This looks pretty nice!
I actully had this idea a couple of times before,
because I knew that Gold can bring out much more...

Keep up the awesome work and don't give up on it!
thanks!

update:

with help from IIMarckus, Cooley's Scripting Guide, Tauwasser's Compendium and a post by Blazichu, i have ALMOST got Articuno finished, i just need to sort out flags without causing the character sprite to glitch into letters, and get the refresh to work so Articuno disapears after the battle

once that's sorted there wont be much left to stop me from powering ahead with most of this hack
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Chrona
Trainer

Will you make the legendaries be at a lower level? One thing about legends that isn't as fun is that you sometimes can't get some moves because they skipped it. Some ideas - Make Ho-Oh and Lugia both be level 40 at most, so they retain Aeroblast and Sacred Fire, and maybe start off other legends at low levels to learn their attacks. GSC had a Move Deleter, but not a Move Relearner

Well, unless you count Stadium2 xD

Anyhow, this hack will be awesome, even though it's simple it's still pretty nice. Hope you continue hacking 2nd gen, it's my fave one.
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Harry Blue5
I vill suck your Electricity..

Nice hack, but Pokémon Bright Gold, at first I thought this was a remake of of Gold, like Zel's Shiny Gold. Maybe you should change the title?

Click on the Adoptables to level them up. Get one for yourself at: pokeplushies.com

NOTE: Unfortunately, there is a limit of 10 pictures. Please level these poor adoptables that could not get in my siggy:

Regola the Regal Pikachu

Buzzer the Elekid the PoKirby
Deathora the Carnodon
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Gold Tom
Krazier Than You

I like the ideas you've incorporated, you should put in Groudon like the sprite above.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links