• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do I start?

Years
  • I am a manga fan and I want to get into the Pokémon mangas, but where do I start (I want to go through in chronological order). What different ones are there?

If you're feeling generous could you list all series and their comics in chronogical order?

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • if you want to start read pokemon special/adventure. but theres a lot of diferent pokemon mangas so start looking

Donna

~
    Years
  • I think you should start with 'Pokemon Special (Aka Adventures)' because it's the best.

Just download them at:
    http://pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net/

I see you're a male so I don't think you'd like "Pocket Monster: Pipipi Adventure (Magical Pokémon Journey".. It's more a Pokemon comic aimed at little girls.

There are also other spin-off manga's.. Some movie based manga's. (Quite hard to find!)

Oh yeah forgot, "Dengeki Pikachu (The electric adventures of Pikachu)" I didn't read it so I don't know if it's good.

Just start with Pokemon Special. That got most of us hooked on Pokémanga I think. There really isn't a chronological order. They aren't related or anything. (Just make sure you read the RGB arc before starting with the GSC,lol)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That depends on which one. There's Pokemon Special/Adventures, How I Became a Pokemon Card, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger...

If you're talking about Special, I recommend starting with the RGB arc and working up from there. Just cause...well, it's best to go in that order when it comes to Special.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • yes take the advise of the seniors

Senior? I was happy to be a junior...oh well!!

Class of 2009 now! xD

Kidding. But really, there are a lot of Pokemon mangas out there. I personally recommend Special. But that's just me. ;D

Back